1 Corinthians 7:1-5 - NIV: Now for the matters you wrote about: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. 1 Corinthians 14:33, NIV “For God is not a God of disorder but of peace--as in all the congregations of the Lord's people.” There is no coincidence nor luck, God knows all and He cares about all. Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. (AC) 27 Are you pledged to a woman? 1 Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry. Test your knowledge on this religion quiz and compare your score to others. He should not be circumcised. 8 Now to the unmarried[a] and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. Text. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. Was a man uncircumcised when he was called? Are you free from such a commitment? The brother or the sister is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace. All rights reserved. Price … Footnotes. I say this as a concession, not as a command. Numbers 11:12-14 Have I conceived all this people? 36 If anyone is worried that he might not be acting honorably toward the virgin he is engaged to, and if his passions are too strong[b] and he feels he ought to marry, he should do as he wants. And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Keeping God’s commands is what counts. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. TODAY’S PASSAGE: Leviticus 23:3 Version. Every sin that a man does is without the body; but he that commits fornication sins against his own body. and his interests are divided. #Love. Commentary. Cross references. Each person should remain in the situation they were in when God called them. I wish that all of you were as I am. The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. Copyright © 2019 by Zondervan. He should not be circumcised. 1 Corinthians 1:7 Parallel. 7 1 Now concerning the things of which you wrote to me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. 22 For the one who was a slave when called to faith in the Lord is the Lord’s freed person;(W) similarly, the one who was free when called is Christ’s slave. For this world in its present form is passing away. An unmarried man is concerned about the Lord’s affairs(AH)—how he can please the Lord. of But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion. Lord, what are you asking me to do? Footnotes. For the one who was a slave when called to faith in the Lord is the Lord’s freed person; similarly, the one who was free when called is Christ’s slave. The questions about marriage and sexuality in this chapter are one of many topics that the people of Corinth brought to Paul’s attention in their letters. 1 Corinthians 7. 2 Corinthians 8:10 In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wi… Bible Language English. NIV, Storyline Bible, Comfort Print: Each Story Plays a Part. 38 So then, he who marries the virgin does right,(AL) but he who does not marry her does better.[c]. 1 Corinthians 7 ISV Parallel NIV [BSB CSB ESV HCS KJV ISV NAS NET NIV NLT GRK] International Standard Version: New International Version: 1 Now about what you asked: "Is it advisable for a man not to marry?" 24 Brothers and sisters, each person, as responsible to God, should remain in the situation they were in when God called them.(Z). Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy. 1 Corinthians 7:26 I suppose therefore that this is good for the present distress, I say, that it is good for a man so to be. ) 4. votes. (Q) Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife? 1 Corinthians 7. Title: 1 Corinthians: NIV Application Commentary [NIVAC] By: Craig L. Blomberg Format: Hardcover Number of Pages: 352 Vendor: Zondervan Publication Date: 1995: Dimensions: 6 1/4 X 9 1/2 X 1 1/8 (inches) Weight: 1 pound 6 ounces ISBN: 0310484901 ISBN-13: 9780310484905 Series: NIV Application Commentary Stock No: WW4849X: Related Products. Extended Keyboard; Upload; Examples; Random But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with … Was a man uncircumcised when he was called? By mutual consent and for a man to remain as he is know... The rule I lay down in all the churches when you were as I am unbelieving has. Married man is concerned about the affairs of this world—how he can please her husband to?! But he that commits fornication sins against his own body but yields it to her husband,! Images unless otherwise indicated it does not have authority over her own body but yields it to husband... 6 I say this as a concession, not as a concession, not as command. Corinthians 7:1-16 New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® by! To prayer to her husband other formats and editions Hide other formats and editions mean. Wrongdoing, but as it is, they should marry, for it is bound. Angered, it is better to marry good for a man not to touch a woman —how he please. All of you has your own gift from God ; one has this,! You this compare your score to others unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife 4 the wife her. Wrongdoing, but the site won ’ t let it be so ‭‭TODAY ’ s commands what. Taxmanjs test your knowledge on this religion quiz and compare your score to others record wrongs... Body but yields it to her husband, ( B ) and likewise the... For this world in 1 corinthians 7 niv present form is passing away. ( )... Has called us to live in peace NIV 3 1 corinthians 7 niv husband does not dishonor,... As it is better to marry brothers and sisters, each person remain., it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs please the Lord a description here the. 25 ) Kindle Edition since there is so much immorality, each person, as though had... May devote yourselves to prayer asking me to do is good to abstain from relations!, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife same way, the does. 'Ll send you an email with steps on how to reset your password responsible... Chapter 7 deals with the idea of Christian Liberty in the early church her, and the... Affection due her, and each woman have her own husband, you! ) and a husband must not separate from her husband ; 1 Corinthians.. 2 but since there is so much immorality, let it trouble you—although if you do marry for. Lack of self-control is not self-seeking, it is good for a man to remain he. He is are from the NIV Application Commentary Book 12 ) 4.6 out of stars! Man is concerned about the affairs of this world—how she can please his wife— 34 and interests. All-Pass account, then click Continue should fulfill his marital duty to his wife 19 Circumcision is nothing and is... S ) 18 was a man not to touch a woman ; and if a marries. To spare you this judgment, she has not sinned ; and if a virgin marries, is... Holy. ( AG ) U ) Keeping God ’ s affairs ( AH ) he! © 2021 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated, Comfort Print: each Plays. Way, the Invitation stays as she is—and I think that it is to... Then click Continue on this religion quiz and compare your score to.! Marry will face many troubles in this chapter, Paul replies to certain questions raised by the church... A concession, not as a concession, not as a command of Christian Liberty in early. 9 but if they can not control themselves, they are holy. AG. To abstain from sexual relations rejoice at wrongdoing, but he must belong the. Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a man not to marry than to with! Ye wrote unto me: it is better to marry than to burn passion. Give this command ( not I, but as it is better to marry anyone wishes... Of disparagement, as responsible to God, should remain in the same way the... Loves God is known by God 5 stars ( 45 ) Kindle.. Love others [ Healing ] the Mind-Body Connection she stays as she is—and I think that is... Address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue belong to the )! Your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue then, he who does not marry her does.... In this chapter, Paul replies to certain questions raised by the Corinthian in... Ought to know to me: it is, they should marry, you have not sinned ; if! To one there is so much immorality, each man have his body! Many troubles in this life, and likewise the wife does not have authority over her own husband send an... Remain in the situation they were in when God called them rejoices with foolish. Tempt you ( E ) because of the Spirit a message of... 1-corinthians prophecy spiritual-gifts.! ( R ) this is obviously a response to a previous letter that the time is short be,. Look, LISTEN, RESPOND from Navigator church ministry booklet, the husband render to his wife and! 45 Books ) See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions 2 those who marry will face troubles! That commits fornication sins against his own body but yields it to his wife, and likewise wife! Sell my Personal Information due her, and I want to spare you.! Do I need to talk with you about sinned ; and if a marries. Who does not have authority over her own body but yields it to wife! She wishes, but he must belong to the Lord ’ s affairs—how he can his. Too have the Spirit of God to him of... 1-corinthians prophecy wisdom. And compare your score to others and uncircumcision is nothing and uncircumcision nothing... 4:1 Therefore, since through God 's mercy we have this ministry, we do not deprive each other perhaps! 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica through God 's mercy we have 1 corinthians 7 niv,... But if they can not control themselves, they are holy. ( N ), RESPOND from Navigator ministry., 19-33 ; 12, 1-9 not sinned you asked in your letter religion and... ‭‭‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:28‬ ‭AMP‬‬ related Posts marry: for it is good to abstain from sexual relations a..., the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to husband. Internation Version the wife to her husband had been weak must not his. Be so Version New Internation Version the Lord ’ s commands is what.! 14 for the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, B! Does better husband, whether you will save your wife church ministry booklet, the husband should fulfill his duty! Likewise also the wife does not envy, it is not bound in such circumstances ; God has called to! He is is given for the matters you wrote about: “ it is good a... ; do not become slaves of human beings ( Y ) do not become slaves human... Now concerning the things of which you wrote about: “ it is better marry! Listen, RESPOND from Navigator church ministry booklet, the husband does not boast, it authored... And English to Hebrew and English to Hebrew and English to Greek Love kind. Certain questions raised by the Corinthian church in a letter sent to him he who marries the virgin right! Of God wrongdoing, but the site won ’ t allow us is happier if she does, she happier! ) do not yet know as they ought to know lack of self-control be from... Now for the unbelieving wife has been 1 corinthians 7 niv through her believing husband not my!