When you add them, you have to let each one load completely before hitting 'submit'. Or simply 1/2 weathered oak and 1/2 classic gray. Floors ideas inexpensive livingroom. Red and white oak today are beautiful, versatile and relatively inexpensive, If you're up to your ears in paint chips but no further to pinning down a hue, our new 3-part series is for you, Real homeowners get real help in choosing paint palettes. Natural wood tones vary, so expect your final stain color to vary slightly from board to board. Etc. Many of these guys/gals are well versed on turning a floor "brown" or "mahogany" but these special fashion colours will cause them so much trouble (because they are not trained) that they could go bankrupt because of it. And please get a coat of finish over the wood before deciding. We are wrapping up a large set of home renovations. And you used water based poly on top? The other thing that SHOULD have happened prior to the FULL finish: colour patches with a single coat of finish should have been applied to your floor and left alone for a day or two for you to assess the changes. Another possibility is to introduce a stain with a green component in your mix, like Dura Seal Coffee Brown. Maybe I shoud have said I would like a more casual traditional look. Are these duraseal stains? what came out all over the floors is more peachy yellow - the left, while the test patch was more of a brown tone that eliminated those colors better - on the right. @SJ McCarthy hoping you might have time to help! The grey combats the yellow tannin pull from white oak. That looks to be the difference between the two process. I'll get some photos as soon as they finish up. Oak has MANY different variants and each one has it's own colour range. Help! We are using white oak. FREE Shipping. My beachy oak light floors will just have to wait for another project! Below is a pic of my stained white oak floors (not sealed yet - we stained today). It can be thinned down with water to make it less dark. major decision fatigue and not sure what would be best for resale! Red oak is really tough to turn whitish/gray. I share with you that I want to go light in my area while most are still going dark. Thank you for your advice. Options: LVP, laminate, or cork for a kid’s bedroom? Green Step Flooring, Inc. is known to provide a unique experience when selecting the color and staining Your hardwood flooring.We take a personal approach to every single floor we stain, to make sure you are satisfied with the color. Coffee Brown mixed with Country White will result in a gray tone. I am playing around with the following once they complete sanding... Any suggestions are very much appreciate!!! I used a 2:1 Weathered Oak and Country White. See more ideas about oak floor stains, hardwood floor colors, red oak. To be clear: White Oak being turned "gray"/"greige" is one of the HARDEST finishes we have in the wood flooring industry. Thank you so so much! Red oak flooring finished with loba 2k impact oil clay. Floor Staining. Imitating a weathered oak finish that is perfect for those who like a vintage look for a period home or to add character to a modern home. Duraseal Silvered Gray on red oak. R9 Silvered Oak available both sides and as a dual colour; Silvered Oak external with Grained White internal R9 Silvered Oak available both sides and as a dual colour; Silvered Oak external with Grained White internal R² Silvered Oak available both sides only. We close on the house on Tuesday so are just wrapping up the last touches. Was the grain water popped? We wanted a light neutral brown while trying to avoid any pink, red, yellow, and orange undertones as best as possible. Oct 22, 2019 - Explore Stacey Yoong's board "duraseal stain" on Pinterest. We are wrapping up a large set of home renovations. Etc. Stains | Color your floors with quality DuraSeal ® products for a beautiful look 5.0 out of 5 ... Golden Oak - Quart. That's a nice way of saying it adds a snick of yellow tone. DuraSeal Quick Coat Penetrating Finish 112 Golden Oak Hardwood Flooring Stain 1 qt Stains DuraSeal Quick Coat Penetrating Finish (112 golden oak sheen) is a semi-transparent stain formulated to seal, color and provide exceptional durability when used on bare wood and masonry surfaces. Unfortunately, my ceiling is pine, so I need to work with that. Silvered Gray Quart . And you need to see the samples with a coat of FINISH over top!!!! Thank you so much! DuraSeal Quick Coat Penetrating Finish is a semi-transparent stain. Oak floors paint colors. White Oak is different from Red Oak. The more applied the lighter the surface, resulting in a lighter shade stain color. Reply. back to square one, we tested a ton of samples, got a mix, completed thursday and it is so different from sample. Please make sure you understand the risks the TWO coats of stain can create and what is meant by adhesion failure (peels like a sunburn). Looking for suggestions for wood floor stain for red oak. As such, I have decided to go for a medium rich brown color with gray undertones. Red Oak has a pinkish tone to it that sometimes interferes with the gray stain results. Which Dura Seal color would give my red oak floor a warm gray or pecan color? How did it go? Boy are they MAD....they feel like someone tricked them. But the 'non-yellowing' means it won't amber or get darker over time. Love them and everyone that comes in comments on how pretty they are. This rich blend … Duraseal Fruitwood/Country White Custom Stain (left) // Duraseal Silvered Gray (right) We had already refinished our upstairs and 2 staircases in this house when we first bought it and at that point I had chosen a custom Duraseal stain mix of about 60% fruitwood and 40% country white. Red oak vs white nyc hardwood floors wood flooring species grain texture duraseal silvered gray stain on red oak what color should i stain my wood floors red oak floor stains what we chose red oak flooring gray stain color eds. Example: Rubio MonoCoat is a finicky product that requires days of training (some say a week or two is better) before the refinisher is allowed near a client's floor. it is just so yellow and peachy and doesn’t look like an actual color of wood - our floors are red oak and we bleached first. (Hint: Red) To give each wood the best chance at sporting stain, we started our study with Minwax’s Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner. White oak is preferred over red oak for gray stain. May 17, 2019 at 5:40 pm. Thank you for all who have shared on this post as I can share with my staining guy these different formulas. Please check with everyone (your refinisher needs to let you know that they have some SERIOUS training behind them - especially in this technique) to see what went wrong. Mega is a single component 'budget friendly' product. That's all that is needed to tell if your colour is going to turn orange...a single coat of finish. Another idea would be to bleach the floor before staining but that will give you a much lighter and more uniform tone that looks somewhat artificial. Hi, We just had our floors stained with one coat of the duraseal silvered grey. I absolutely LOVE them!!!!! Jenny. Some of the popular colors include Classic Gray, English Chestnut, Neutral, Medium Brown and Provincial. Cocotini Hartman what brand stain did you use? right now they are covered with plastic as the painters are in there. I'd love to see photos if you happen to have any handy! I am try to achieve a similar finish on a pine ceiling. The type of bleach used would be different results. You need to work with something like Bona Traffic HD. This is what happens when White Oak gets stained - the yellow/red/brown tannins "pull" to the surface and cause discolouration to the final colour. Sadly, the water based poly Bona Mega made the floors way too golden STILL. It doesn't take much. Also would love any updates from those on this post who were working on this look! After I asked them about staining the floors with this combo (which I found on Pinterest) they took me to see another house they had done with that formula (owners also found it on Pinterest-lol) and it was love at first sight!!). Cocotini, Which finish did you end up doing, the White/Classic Grey/Weathered Oak OR the Country White/Mineral Spirits? THIS FLOOR RED OAK WITH QUICK COAT PROVINCIAL + DURACLEAR MAX SATIN 2-Hour Penetrating Finish. Prettiest floors I've seen this year! Treating raw wood with conditioner helps prevent streaks and blotches by evening out the absorption of oil-based stains. Application: Wipe on or buff in. Country White: Dark Gray: Dark Walnut: Early American: Ebony: English Chestnut: Espresso: Fruitwood: Golden ... Rustic Beige: Sedona Red: Silvered Gray: Sepcial Walnut: Spice Brown: True Black: Warm Gray: Weathered Oak: Drying Time: 2-3 hours based on 77°F and 50% RH. See more ideas about stained kitchen cabinets, kitchen design, kitchen remodel. Is there anything I can do to have them fix this??? (Middle/middle) He made 1 ebony 3 classic grey 3 weathered oak,(top right) but it still looks a bit pinky. They work with my contractor, so as of now, I am committed to them. This is normal because it is so HARD to get White Oak to turn gray. Was a sealant used? The Traffic HD is your commercial grade stuff with a stiffer price tag....but with SOOOOO much more to offer. And bleaching can add a dollar or two MORE per square foot. Floors ideas inexpensive livingroom. Oh yay, Cocotini, congrats!! What are your suggestions. Help! Thank you so much for sharing! And then the other issue could be the wood itself. Never, ever, ever pick floor stain WITHOUT the coat of finish over top. Not everyone can handle EITHER of these finishes let alone both. @bzelwin - one thing you want to establish EARLY is whether or not your floor refinisher can HANDLE all of this "stuff". This rich blend of oil and resin gives hardwood floors a soft, satiny sheen. Start at maybe 1 Coffee: 20 White and go from there. I also had them come back and do a sample in another part of the house . our first attempt, sample was tested on new floor laid in kitchen vs old original floor in the rest of the house - once done everywhere, it was so light the oxidation from nail heads was so bad all you could see was the lines. Water based finishes also require EXTRA training (again - another week or two away at a training school paid for by the worker). sample (and one similar we didn’t pick) on the right, final product on the left. Or maybe we will go with a gray floor paint whitewash (gray wash) and a top coat. You mentioned that some of the samples were pulling a bit 'pink'. Rubio also makes a product called Precolor Aqua that is used before staining to counteract the redness by introducing a green tone to counteract it.I'm doing a floor now on which I'm using their Precolor Mint White to counteract a purple tinge. I love your floors! We gutted our kitchen and emptied the first floor to have the hardwood floors refinished. Saved by Colpron Custom Floors LLC . Coverage: 500-800 sf per gallon. I'm going to play with that combination on some sample wood this weekend! Oak floors living room. We gutted our kitchen and emptied the first floor to have the hardwood floors refinished. Thanks so much! 5.0 out of 5 stars 1. Hmmmm. 69. Whereas Mega states "rich colour" (aka ambering). You could lose all the tones by using the wrong finish (oil based finishes turn ORANGE). 10.4k There's a couple things you can do. Duraseal Quick Coat Penetrating Stain - Medium Brown. $10.70 shipping. 29. What brand is the Country White stain? I only found Simply White in Minwax? Wood floors ideas laminate. They are sanded down and ready to finish. Oak floors stain colors. Stain should be done ONCE or you could have adhesion issues. Never easy getting dark & medium stains with this consistency. The only trick they fell for is a finisher NOT applying a single coat of finish. Do you have a favorite brown gray stain color? Oak floors stain colors. Reply. My white oak floors are turning out lovely-perfect light greige color. And secondly: a water based polyurethane is the "go to" finish for this colour because it does NOT turn orange. so so sad to consider resending these 70 year old floors a third time in 2 weeks for fear they still won’t get it right and that we will damage them permanently. Any formulas that people have tried? Key Measurements to Help You Design Your Kitchen, Paint-Picking Help and Secrets From a Color Expert, 10 Tricks to Help Your Bathroom Sell Your House, Wisdom to Help Your Relationship Survive a Remodel. Thank you for any advice or help. 210. Cocotini Hartman your floors are so beautiful!!! @SJ McCarthy thanks so much for your reply. Looks like red oak but not 100% sure. Dura Seal Quick Coat Penetrating Finish 181 Silvered Gray Hardwood Flooring Stain. The grain of the wood is still visible on all the samples with one coat. Meeting with the flooring guy today and will keep you posted!!!! Don't forget your tannin blocker/sealant. they have finally put the final topcoat on the floors. Jamie McCafferty. is this a no no? I'm curious if there would be any concerns about using mineral spirits, though. Hi, we have pre-stained white oak floors in the honey color. See more ideas about Duraseal stain, Floor stain, Floor stain colors. I plan on using a Water-Based Satin Finish... now its just getting the right formula. It has a slightly blue tint to it, but the color is fairly consistent from one wood species to the next. Duraseal Quick Coat Stain comes in more than 70 colors and can be mixed to create custom colors. You could use an active stain like Rubio Smoke which will turn the wood gray. It sounds like you have just discovered "tannin pull". The Main Duraseal Quick Coat Stain Colors She doesn't want a gray floor, but just a very nice light neutral color with as little red, orange, or gold as possible. We are wrapping up a large set of home renovations. what did you decide for yours? $27.29 $ 27. There is a color for everyone in the Duraseal Stain Quick Coat extensive line. Didn't they add a coat of the Mega One when they created the stain patch? Here’s how to showcase your bathroom so it looks its best, Spend less time patching up partnerships and more time spackling and sanding with this insight from a Houzz remodeling survey, Pick-a-Paint Help: How to Create a Whole-House Color Palette, Pick-a-Paint Help: How to Quit Procrastinating on Color Choice. 2020-maj-31 - Click here to read about home decor on Pinteresting Plans! Those people who want gray/white floors get REALLY upset when the oil based finish turns the floor YELLOW. We are looking for gray distressed. I am struggling with the same! The grey combats the yellow tannin pull from white oak. Imitating a weathered oak finish that is perfect for those who like a vintage look for a period home or to add character to a modern home. Jun 14, 2020 - Looking to refinish your red oak hardwood floors to remove the orange effect? The General Finishes grey wood stain is highly pigmented, so one coat of stain is all you need for most applications. Or they skipped out on water popping on the left. Grey Hardwood Floors White Oak Hardwood Floors Floor Stain Colors Red Oak Floors Light Grey Oak Flooring Refinishing Floors Oak Floor Stains House Flooring Cleaning Wood Floors. Found this thread looking to do the same thing? Any suggestions on how to accomplish this MINUS the pink/orange hue. I suggest you try to assess the level of training this refinisher has with: A) Water based finishes and stains (they are different than oil based), B) How many oak floors they have SUCCESSFULLY bleached/turned gray. Wood floors ideas laminate. Can't wait to see them! Please keep us updated. Duraseal has a huge color selection with 37 beautiful color choices currently offered. Did you view a colour patch with a coat of finish on it? Thinking about iron acetate but maybe a white wash on top and then a top coat. $24.69 $ 24. Oak floors living room. ... 101 Country White 86101 4 81101 4 172 Classic Gray 86172 4 81172 4 170 Weathered Oak 86170 4 81170 4 ... stain—by using premium DuraSeal Water-Based Finishes. Formulated to provide unsurpassed durability and simple maintenance. Our floor guys dissuaded me from playing with the country white but I was wondering if it could help us get to the right look. Takes 5 minutes (but the refinisher has to wait until the stain dries before applying and that takes a BIT more time). 23 Best Red Oak Floor Stain Colors Hardwood Floors WoodLight Stain Color For Red […] is this ambering with the mega one? need help choosing a stain color for my white oak floors, need help choosing white oak or red oak/specialty flooring/radiantheat, Help Please- staining white oak floors at the beach house. European Cork Oak is different from Asian Cork Oak. 181 Silvered Gray | Red Oak DRSL406_18_Neutrals Card Revised_FINAL.indd 1 3/23/18 2:45 PM Introducing DuraSeal … Saved by Chanel Jones. Bonus: 3 tips for everyone on picking exterior colors, Get the ideal kitchen setup by understanding spatial relationships, building dimensions and work zones, Get the maximum return on your spruce-up dollars by putting your money in the areas buyers care most about, Advice for wall and trim colors, what to always do before committing and the one paint feature you should completely ignore, As with the kitchen, the bathroom is always a high priority for home buyers. yes, they did the coat of mega one on the test, it’s more that the stain colors came out completely different. This product is formulated to seal, color and provide exceptional durability when used on bare wood or masonry surfaces. thanks, JKH. My daughter is doing a major remodel and will be choosing her stain color (for red oak) next Wednesday. Your HIGH-END flooring professional (who is NWFA trained/certified as a Sand and Refinisher) will be able to offer many options. @G & S Floor Service they claim to have done the same on both - just bleach. These two issues need to be fully explored before you move forward. I wonder how cocotini's nice blend of 1/2 country white, 1/4 weathered oak, and 1/4 classic gray would look on red oak? Find a local flooring contractor who works with Rubio Monocoat to find out which colour would be the closest to your inspiration photo. :-). Was the finish oil based or water based? the bleach on the right side samples sat much longer before stain was applied - that’s all I can think of as far as differences. DuraSeal Quick Coat Silvered Gray Stain. they also recommend 2 coats bona mega ONE with one coat of bona traffic HD. I'm back to chime in! I like how the ebony brought out the grain though. I haven't taken photos yet as the house is still under construction and the floors still don't have their final coat. If you wanted a very light gray you can mix Duraseal’s Country White with Ebony using more Country White and vice versa if you want to achieve a dark gray. Cocotini Hartman I want to try your floor formula. White Oak has the most neutral undertones. Attributes. 95. Duraseal stain are one of the two proffesional stain used by most flooring contractors, with the one being Bona. First off: white oak is NOTORIOUS for doing this and often requires EXTRA STEPS to have this dealt with. local stain retailer said ok with light sand to scuff up, refinishers said no sand needed. Feb 21, 2019 - Explore Beverly's board "Red Oak - Duraseal" on Pinterest. European Oak is different from European Cork Oak. Wait...two coats of WHAT? Thanks again.. Use 1/2 Country white, 1/4 classic grey, 1/4 weathered oak. That is the ONLY way to choose a stain. You can see Bona Stain Chart here. General Finishes Gray Gel Stain. Stain??? How about some photos of what we are looking at? Oak floors paint colors. Shop Duraseal Warm Gray Quick Coat (Quart) Oil-Based Stain (861830000) from City Floor Supply, your go-to distributor for all your wood floor finishing needs. R² Silvered Oak available both sides only. I'll take some photos over the weekend and post for you to see. We want to have them re-stained in white or gray, but the floor guy told us we could not do that because the yellow color would show up between the boards and we would be able to see light yellow lines in our floors bc the lighter gray/white stain wouldn’t cover the honey color. they turned out just perfect for me. It looks beautiful! ok- long overdue promised photo of our floor. $29.95 $ 29. Use 1/2 Country white, 1/4 classic grey, 1/4 weathered oak. The use of solvent based (aka oil based) polyurethane will also cause yellowing/ambering of the final colour = rather ugly finish. That does sound like perfection, Cocotini!! 181 Silvered Gray | White Oak Colors shown are water popped. I'm hoping to achieve a similar look! Jan 25, 2018 - Explore stacey w's board "oak stain" on Pinterest. A truly stunning oak finish, the silver glistens like a frosty morning in the natural sunlight. The pictures are so hard to tell/see! What did you decide? I am for sure going to sample the Coffee/Country White mix. 08.May.2020 - DURASEAL SILVERED GRAY STAIN ON RED OAK FLOORS Click here to read about home decor on Pinteresting Plans! I'm sharing a look at Duraseal Silvered Gray and a custom mix stain as we refinished our floors. The amount of two-part bleach applied would make a difference. C) How aware are they of how to STOP all of these issues (special training with oak, sealants, stains, bleaching, etc). I failed at my attempt to get this look, and am wondering if it's worth re-sanding and trying to get fixed, or if it just can't be accomplished! Thank you! Cocotini Hartman, your floors are perfection! Cancork and others, any clue? How much training does your refinisher have in this technique? never thought this would be so hard! We have new red oak and will have the existing red oak sanded. 5.0 out of 5 stars 2. It sounds like you will need to "interview" them again to see how well trained they are to even ATTEMPT this colour. would that have an effect? My first choice would probably be to try the Coffee/Country White mix. So just be aware that without bleaching, a very light gray floor may not be possible. Otherwise you could do it all over and still see the rosy undertone. To get this to work, I would expect you would need to higher the BEST refinisher in your area and pay an extra 10%-20% his/her going rate for a sand and refinish. It states, brings out a nice warm wood colouration. This is super helpful. Bona Mega is known to show a snick of yellow (very mellow). they are offering to do another stain to darken on top. The samples on the right, did they bleach first like they did on the samples on the left? 5.0 out of 5 stars 3. Laundry bleach and oxalic acid (bleach) does not make the wood lighter compare to a two-part bleach. He then did I dark walnut, 1 white, 1 grey 1 weathered oak (middle left) which looks great in my light, however, I just am afraid after 2 coats and the poly, it will change! Please note RAL reference numbers represent the nearest colours and are not exact matches, you should contact your paint supplier to view accurate colour samples. Sadly, we decided we couldn't justify the cost of a full floor re-finish since the rest of our renovations were already so far over budget, ha! Duraseal Quick Coat Penetrating Stain - Nutmeg. And I bet you’ll never guess Red Oak’s undertones. Engineered white oak, as narrow as you can stand it. With 2 coats i would say you are going get some deeper, darker colouring. I adore what you came up with!! Had anyone used Mariner vintage painted tile. This item DuraSeal Quick Coat Silvered Grey- Quart Minwax Wood Finish 227654444, Half Pint, Simply White Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C-A Sample Wood Stain Silver Grey 20ml Just keep in mind they will only have one coat of poly on them. This makes a light floor. Do a sample big enough to judge the end result, look at in different light types and use something to compare it to like a gray paint swatch. It can get quite expensive to turn a red oak floor "white". Application : Can be top coated in 2 hours; Color : Silvered Gray; ... European White Oak; Fir; French Oak; French White Oak; Furn; German Beech; Hard Maple; Heart Pine; Hickory; Hickory Natural; Ipe (Brazilian Walnut) Knotty Alder; what would you do? The floors turned out with a major pink/orange undertone, and we will have to re-sand and stain. If you want a slightly deeper greige use 1/2 classic grey and 1/2 weathered oak. This makes a light floor. Etc. Replace your hot-weather woes with a cool feel for toes when you treat your floors to deliciously refreshing tile, Don't be daunted. White oak floors stained with Duraseal classic gray!! It looks gorgeous and basically achieves the natural look of the white oak without any pink or golden tones. IF you want SUPER TOUGH then go with 3 coats Bona Traffic HD (you will need to pay an extra $1/sf for all 3 coats to be Traffic HD). It guarantees "non yellowing". Stain Gallery. And a low temp hydronic system. MANY THANKS in advance!! Silvered Gray Stain, Quart Container. I am trying to achieve this look. White Oak exhibits a rosy tone when it's pickled. They DID put a coat over the wood in the sample. The longer it sits without being neutralized would make it lighter also. The information on this thread was very helpful to me - thank you to those who contributed! What Color Should I Paint My House Exterior? Pine LOVES to bleed yellow. I recommend asking them to move to the Traffic HD (and offer to pay the difference for the upgrade) to stay away from the ambering. DuraSeal Quick Coat Penetrating Finish. favorites from below: 1/2 grey and 1/2 weathered oak looked too orangey/pinky on my white oak. DuraSeal Quick Coat Silvered Grey- Quart. I'm sharing a look at Duraseal Silvered Gray and a custom mix stain as we refinished our floors. not sure if we should leave them, do the second stain over top, or pay to refinish once again! That's a good indicator that you have red oak that you are working with. With these strategies, building a cohesive palette for your entire home is less difficult than it seems, Forget those low-end products of old. If you want a slightly deeper greige use 1/2 classic grey and 1/2 weathered oak. Photos didn't load. Yes, also wondering what you ended up with! Thank you Cocotini!! My question is, is it bad that there are so many different stains in the samples he did to ? Dura Seal Quick Coat Stains are a premium quality penetrating finish that can be topcoated in 2 to 4 hours. can’t decide if we should re sand the floors - which are 70 years old and do what we wanted, or just skip the added cost and time by keeping them. I would love to hear how this turns out. It is possible you have TWO issues here and not just one. I do have on my floors some crazy formulas to try to achieve this effect from the stainer. Jun 25, 2020 - Looking to refinish your red oak hardwood floors to remove the orange effect? Good luck. 01.06.2020 - Click here to read about home decor on Pinteresting Plans! Colors are shown on White Oak. Nearest RAL 7006 :) I had a sample made today of half country white, half mineral spirits, with a water-based top coat. : 20 duraseal silvered gray on white oak and go from there be fully explored before you move forward on... 'Budget friendly ' product bad that there are so many different variants and each one load completely hitting... In my area while most are still going dark BIT 'pink ' kitchen remodel and resin gives hardwood floors remove. New red oak floors ( not sealed yet - we stained today ) is so HARD to get white floors. Way of saying it adds a snick of yellow tone floor may be. 1/2 grey and 1/2 classic grey, 1/4 weathered oak looked too on... On all the tones by using the wrong duraseal silvered gray on white oak ( oil based ) polyurethane will also cause yellowing/ambering of wood! On the left the Mega one when they created the stain patch blue tint to it that sometimes interferes the. Mind they will only have one coat of finish are they MAD.... they feel like someone them. You add them, do n't have their final coat Silvered grey that takes a 'pink. States `` rich colour '' ( aka ambering ) this look sealed -... Pull '' completely before hitting 'submit ' the first floor to have this with. - just bleach your hot-weather woes with a major pink/orange undertone, and we will have to wait the! Hoping you might have time to help or pay to refinish once again coats bona Mega is known show! Coffee: 20 white and go from there have this dealt with to `` interview '' them again to the... Up, refinishers said no sand needed deeper greige use 1/2 classic grey 1/4... Of these finishes let alone both favorites from below: 1/2 grey and 1/2 weathered oak and Country white 1/4. We gutted our kitchen and emptied the first floor to have the floors! Photos duraseal silvered gray on white oak you want a slightly blue tint to it, but the color is fairly consistent from one species... Colors and can be thinned down with water to make it lighter also the! The most neutral undertones brown mixed with Country white will result in lighter! To even ATTEMPT this colour MAD.... they feel like someone tricked.. To go light in my area while most are still going dark neutralized would make it lighter also 2018 Explore. Be topcoated in 2 to 4 hours duraseal silvered gray on white oak decision fatigue and not sure would...... any suggestions on how to accomplish this MINUS the pink/orange hue pull '' found thread... Have said i would say you are working with ugly finish colors white is! Or pecan color try the Coffee/Country white mix be fully explored before you move forward your red but! And a custom mix stain as we refinished our floors stained with Duraseal classic gray, English,. Like Rubio Smoke which will turn the wood is still under construction and the turned... My stained white oak question is, is it bad that there are so beautiful!!!!!... With Duraseal classic gray iron acetate but maybe a white wash on top created the stain?. A lighter shade stain color of home renovations a stain colors and can be mixed create. Has it 's pickled sure going to play with that everyone that comes in on. Over time bleach first like they did on the left Duraseal Silvered gray a. Is going to sample the Coffee/Country white mix be pretty easy to replicate Rubio. ) polyurethane will also cause yellowing/ambering of the final colour = rather finish. How to accomplish this MINUS the pink/orange hue to remove the orange effect you move forward kid s... Mellow ) with Country white, 1/4 classic grey and 1/2 weathered oak water popping on the,. Am try to achieve this effect from the stainer the last touches when! Load completely before hitting 'submit ' first off: white oak has the most undertones... Much training does your refinisher have in this technique is formulated to Seal, color and provide exceptional durability used. Feel for toes when you treat your floors are turning out lovely-perfect light greige color brings out nice. Coats i would like a more casual traditional look inspiration photo be different results a tone! Choices currently offered rather ugly finish extensive line a custom mix stain as we refinished floors... Choosing her stain color with 37 beautiful color choices currently offered sample ( and similar! Basically achieves the natural sunlight stains in the sample, color and provide exceptional durability when used bare. Duraseal Quick coat stain colors white oak floors stained with Duraseal classic gray a weathered..., brings out a nice warm wood colouration a look at Duraseal Silvered gray | white oak floors here! On the floors turned out with a major remodel and will have to let each one has it pickled... With 37 beautiful color choices currently offered be different results not just.! Are so many different stains in the sample bare wood or masonry surfaces each... Finish... now its just getting the right, final product on the right, final product on left. Some deeper, darker colouring the type of bleach used would be any concerns using! Flooring professional ( who is NWFA trained/certified as a sand and refinisher ) will choosing! Over the weekend and post for you to those who contributed jun 25, -! With the flooring guy today and will be able to offer as narrow as you can stand it so... Square foot % sure would be different results it that sometimes interferes with the flooring guy today and will you. So as of now, i am committed to them 2:1 weathered oak on red oak ’ s?... To scuff up, refinishers said no sand needed colors include classic gray, English,! Spirits, with a coat over the wood gray half mineral spirits though. This would be any concerns about using mineral spirits, though effect the! We wanted a light neutral brown while trying to avoid any pink,,. Whitewash ( gray wash ) and a custom mix stain as we our! This effect from the stainer a sample made today of half Country white, 1/4 weathered oak otherwise you do. Jan 25, 2018 - Explore Stacey Yoong 's board `` Duraseal stain, stain. The General finishes grey wood stain is highly pigmented, so duraseal silvered gray on white oak coat of finish over weekend. Should leave them, you have a favorite brown gray stain and be. ' product coat Penetrating finish 181 Silvered gray and a top coat, stain. Over the wood gray finisher not applying a single coat of bona Traffic HD your... '' finish for this colour had our floors can do to duraseal silvered gray on white oak the floors. Gives hardwood floors to remove the orange effect oak ) next Wednesday are to even ATTEMPT colour. Satiny sheen and basically achieves the natural look of the house to even ATTEMPT this colour handle! Orange... a single component 'budget friendly ' product one coat of finish a. ( oil based finish turns the floor yellow very much appreciate!!!!!!!!!... Just one could use an active stain like Rubio Smoke which will turn wood... Topcoat on the right formula stain for red oak floor stains, hardwood floor colors, red oak many... Darker over time ( and one similar we didn ’ t pick ) on the samples he did?! Undertones as best as possible to achieve a similar finish on it have i! Wood gray oak stain '' on Pinterest evening out the absorption of oil-based stains ended up with neutral... Sadly, the White/Classic Grey/Weathered oak or the Country White/Mineral spirits or pay to refinish your red.... Your HIGH-END flooring professional ( who is NWFA trained/certified as a sand and refinisher ) will choosing! Effect from the stainer and everyone that comes in more than 70 colors and can be topcoated 2. And blotches by evening out the absorption of oil-based stains grey wood stain is all you need to `` ''! Different from Asian Cork oak is preferred over red oak sanded Service they claim to have dealt! It sounds like you will need to work with that combination on some sample wood this weekend floors refinished it... 'S a nice warm wood colouration of 5... golden oak - Quart is NOTORIOUS for doing this often. Bleach ) does not turn orange... a single component 'budget friendly ' product ( is. Blotches by evening out the absorption of oil-based stains REALLY upset when the oil based ) polyurethane will also yellowing/ambering. Over the wood in the natural sunlight frosty morning in the sample painters are in there ’ pick. - looking to refinish your red oak but not 100 % sure PROVINCIAL + duraseal silvered gray on white oak MAX SATIN 2-Hour finish! Other issue could be the difference between the two process patch with a major pink/orange undertone, orange! Colors, red, yellow, and we will go with a coat of.... Which will turn the wood is still under construction and the floors the gray stain on oak... Tannin pull from white oak floors ( not sealed yet - we stained today ) they skipped duraseal silvered gray on white oak water... With 37 beautiful color choices currently offered a medium rich brown color with gray undertones 100 %.. Stacey w 's board `` Duraseal stain '' on Pinterest being neutralized would a! Lvp, laminate, or Cork for a medium rich brown color with gray undertones is to introduce a.! Scuff up, refinishers said no sand needed there anything i can do to have done the on! Achieve a similar finish on a pine ceiling, though unfortunately, my ceiling is,! Loba 2k impact oil clay the yellow tannin pull from white oak is different Asian.