By 01 Feb 1940, the first convent of the Religious of the Good Shepherd Sisters (RGS) was blessed by Bishop A. Devals. I’m sure we all feel that we could benefit from a long course of study with her and we shared the wish that she might be able to reach many more with her teachings. It was also a great opportunity for our young sisters through listening to your stories of taking risks for mission. International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women 25 November 2020 Ahuva Good Shepherd - Small Group Care, Singapore Read more . Through her stories, we learnt that the poor has the capacity to teach us many lessons, and values like hope, patience, resilience, gratitude and above all, a deep faith in God and Biblical truth. Everyone has a good heart and kindness. Antoine M. Tabard Her Love Was Stronger Correspondence Homepage of the Sisters of the Good Shepherd, Canada and USA and e-mail Ron's New e-mail: ronniejohnson@vsnl.net (or) ronniejohnson@hotmail.com With your presence, I see God’s help through you. Over the years, you have walked beside the Good Shepherd Sisters especially in Singapore, expressing your commitment with us in the Good Shepherd ministries. I can see that the idea of regular discussion about the readings will have a great effect. If we have “come to our senses”, what are we going to do with what God has taught and revealed to us? They spared no effort in making us feel at home, and as Sr Lucy said at one of our sharing sessions in Angola, “I feel so at home here, I feel I am with family.”, Read More : Inauguration of the Susan Chia Training Centre. I arrived in Singapore on 29th July with many thoughts and concerns on my mind. Singapore. Thank you, Good Shepherd Sisters of Vietnam!” Morene Sim, “You come to us as guests from God. No doubt it will also help me to relate to others whom I come into contact with in the future. All the activities were inspiring and significant. The Good Shepherd Sisters opened their doors to women and girls who were troubled or abused and in need of healing and … “We should be reflecting all our lives on the Gospel of the Good Shepherd. We also learned to pray – by just remaining Still. Good Shepherd Place at . Let us continue to turn towards each other as Good Shepherd partners to encourage, remind, and support one other and to uphold those who live on the margin. We needed a more sophisticated Reverse Osmosis (RO) System as advised by our volunteer consultant. Sister Agnes-Claire said St. Mary Euphrasia's mission continues today in Singapore with the Good Shepherd Sisters, who founded the Good Shepherd Centre in 1986. The Good Shepherd Convent in Baguio just recently launched their online shop! The Good Shepherd Sisters opened their doors to women and girls who were troubled or abused and in need of healing and reconciliation. You are all very sincere and ready for action for Good Shepherd Mission. 25 November 2020 They closed the schools and escape from the … As such, our Nursery, K1 and K2 children engage with project work one term in a year. Links to Other Good Shepherd Convent Pages: Cora Pereira Rev. He didn’t want to repeat what others had written, he focused on who Jesus was, referring to Jesus as the Son of God. excellent “farmers” who patiently nurture and develop the children under their care. Every single day, I feel that God is around us. This experience will definitely help me carry out my mission more efficiently and effectively. We will suffer stress, burn out, and she asked us to look for renewal in the Word. Mark was interested in what Jesus did. While Sr. Inigo served us a wonderful Scriptural banquet, Sr. Lucy generously fed us with delicious home-cooked lunches. But I definitely want to come to savour the Word, as revealed by Sr. Inigo, when God visits us again at Restful Waters. I appreciate everything they did for us and I have very good experience from their visit.” Sr Josephine Tran, “During the three days we got to know the group personally. I felt at home. Matthew and Luke speak about the teachings of Jesus. The address is 25 Nallur Road S(456650). rivers of living water will flow from within them.” John 7:38. Rome2rio is a door-to-door travel information and booking engine, helping you get to and from any location in the world. Rev. There were cheers all around. The family requested for the media to … They are multi-talented and use their talents to do God’s work cheerfully despite the challenging conditions and limited resources. 25 Nallur Road (S) 456650. PAST PUPILS' ASSOCIATION - Good Shepherd Convent - Kandy It also allowed all five team members (Sr Lucy Chia, Mr Roger Tan, Ms Morene Sim, Ms Cecilia Lim and Ms Melina Ong) to participate fully in the activity for all the children of the school. The volunteers were so eager to show the women their understanding, acceptance and kindness. Together we learn more. Yet only one person in the group of 40+ attendees at the retreat had actually read it right through. The excursions and visits to places of attraction in Singapore brought me much happiness and joy. It was the Benedictine Italian Archbishop of Colombo, Rt. I was touched by the session given on Leadership. 1 Commonwealth Drive, Singapore 149603: Good Shepherd Convent Kindergarten: Marine Parade: 25 Nallur Road, Singapore 456650: Holy Family Kindergarten: Marine Parade: 6 Chapel Road, Singapore 429509: Maris Stella Kindergarten: Queenstown: 49D Holland Road, Singapore 258852: Marymount Kindergarten: Toa Payoh: 9 Toa Payoh Lorong 8, Singapore 319253 You are now accessing a third party website. For over 60 years, the sisters of the Good Shepherd Mission have been caring for the most vulnerable in society. Copy & paste following code to display the map of GOOD SHEPHERD CONVENT KINDERGARTEN, 25 Nallur Road Singapore 456650 on any webpages. EMBED MAP Copy & paste following code to display the map of GOOD SHEPHERD CONVENT KINDERGARTEN, 25 Nallur Road Singapore 456650 on any webpages. St Mary Euphrasia, the Foundress of the Good Shepherd Congregation was a woman of great faith, compassion and love for the poor. I am a member of the committee for preparation of “The Shepherding Course”. Organized in Singapore by The Society of the Infant Jesus (Singapore) The annual Global Rosary Relay was held for the first time in Singapore on 23rd June 2017 at the Good Shepherd Convent Chapel – Home of the Religious Congregation of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd (Good Shepherd Sisters – R.G.S. At 40+, once again the group in attendance is far bigger than first envisaged and once again her message is so warmly received that already people are asking for more. I was challenged to see and experience the commitment of the mission partners. 25 Nallur Road (8,204.48 mi) Singapore, Singapore 456650. The teachers were not just teachers. Wouldn’t you be keen to get your hands on the world’s bestselling book? In 1917, the German Club adjacent to No.2 State High School Latha was purchased by the Good Shepherd Sisters and became St. John’s Convent community. 220 talking about this. I can see the zeal in the hearts of everyone in the group. And Whereas the Good Shepherd Nuns and any Home, Church, convent or other building now or hereinafter to be acquired for the purposes of the Good Shepherd Nuns will be managed by the Reverend Mother Superior of the Good Shepherd Nuns in Malaya, the present Reverend Mother Superior being the Reverend Mother Mary of St. Liguori: Apart from classroom lessons on English grammar and vocabulary, the participants had opportunities to: At the end of the programme, each participant was able to make a presentation confidently and passionately about a project that they are involved in back home. Forgot account? Email: restful_waters@yahoo.com.sg Ahuva Good Shepherd - Small Group Care, Singapore. See more of Good Shepherd Convent Kindergarten on Facebook. She is clearly an accomplished academic with vast knowledge which she delivers with warmth, intelligence, wit and impeccable timing. For registration, contact: 62422925 Sr Lucy Chia or. You inspire me to commit myself for Good Shepherd mission especially for the dignity of the poor. Singapore received its first batch of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine on Dec. 21, becoming the first country in Asia to receive the shots. [5] Over the years, the convent (popularly known as Town Convent) grew to occupy a large compound bound by Bras Basah Road, Stamford Road and North Bridge Road. Just as we thought all was progressing well according to plan one week before we left for As women religious, called to a mission of reconciliation, the Good Shepherd Sisters express the charism of merciful love through an apostolic life or a contemplative life. We were given a final challenge to us as we left Restful Waters. World War II disrupted their plans and the sisters went to Bahau, Malaysia. Good Shepherd Convent. The warm welcome and love extended to us by every sister and mission partner we met was much appreciated. It was the co-operation and teamwork between the sisters in Vietnam, especially Sr Agnes Nguyen who was the assigned co-ordinator for the project and the team from Restful Waters Singapore, especially Mr Roger Tan, that the project was carried through successfully. Currently when she is not serving as a counsellor in the infamous Tihar Jail, Delhi, she is busy sharing Biblical truth with religious congregations and laity all over India and in many other countries, including Singapore. Living with three lay mission partners and other sisters from different cultures was an enriching and wonderful experience. Following the success of the first Learn English in an International Community held in June/July 2015, a second run was conducted in November/December 2016. These Irish nuns were Mother Liguori Bourke and Sr Alphonsus Moody who were the first pioneers. We learned about the ministries in HCM, the challenges they faced, and we witnessed the zeal, creativity and audacity of all the sisters in there. She reminded us that we will suffer in our daily lives. Two other Irish sisters followed a month later. Good Shepherd Convent Kindergarten (Centre Code #KG1153) is a childcare centre registered with Early Childhood Development Agency, Singapore. The cheapest way to get from Charing Cross (Glasgow) to Bishopton, Convent Of Good Shepherd costs only £2, and the quickest way takes just 17 mins. The creativity and the passion of the people who built those places were amazing. It was an opportunity for the audience to hear accounts of the hardship, strife and risks of the poor as well as the cultural and social behaviours in those countries. They are able to do so much with so little! After the execution, Van's body was released to his family and it left Changi Prison about four hours after he was hanged. The first person last night to declare via WhatsApp that she had read 7 chapters of Genesis, got warm congratulations from the group. The French nun founded the Good Shepherd Sisters in 1835 to reach out to orphans, girls and women living at the margins of society. Venue: Good Shepherd Convent Restful Waters, 25 Nallur Road. For example, when we said we wanted to bring peanut brittle back to Singapore, sisters readily agreed without hesitation. We were blessed with a sponsorship for the system. Sr Columba Cannon and Sr Dympna Brady arrived shortly after in January 1940. A place of healing and growth. ). “I can see a very big improvement in the sisters, not only in English but in confidence gained.” Sr Francine Muthugala, Province Leader, Sri Lanka-Pakistan, “Thank you for your caring and support, love for our sisters during their experience of international community…They expressed gratitude and a lot of thanks even for the support of projects such as English and Computer Class for the girls in our boarding in Kalimantan. I was also very touched by Sr Agnes’ perseverance, never giving up, going personally from office to office to ensure that the RO system arrived before we left. For leading me, enriching me, for allowing me to get in touch with my own self. Good Shepherd, Knowledge Village, M.Palada Post, Ootacamund – 643 004 Tamil Nadu, India. I’d like to recommend this English programme to all Good Shepherd partners to learn English and to have a new vision of the Good Shepherd Mission in an International Community. Offering shelter and support The Good Shepherd Sisters established the Good Shepherd Centre in Singapore in 1986. Breakfast is awesome and they had a good variety of food and drinks. Please be informed that there is NO FUNDRAISING BY GOOD SHEPHERD CONVENT RESTFUL WATERS and the information in the Whatsapp message is inaccurate. Good Shepherd Convent Kindergarten. Not Now. Filter System was found to be insufficient. Through your presence and inspiration, you have given us much encouragement and motivation in networking for the mission. Thanks to Mel too, for taking care of the logistics and ensuring the comfort of us, the Retreatants. I could hear others expressing similar ideas. She also shared powerful stories of ordinary people and families who have been able to forgive for heinous crimes committed against their loved ones. Good Shepherd Center was founded in 1963 as a school for children with disabilities and their families. Truly, God has blessed the mission trip, its participants, the children of Tan Son Nhi Elementary Charity School and the Sisters of Saigon Community. True, we had Grammar lessons, writing assignments on different topics, presentations, etc., but we learnt much more. There remain today only eight Good Shepherd Sisters in Singapore (one recently passed away, Lim says with a slight wistfulness), and three on mission overseas (in … I felt the interconnectedness and the spirit of St. Mary Euphrasia (SME) as we came together as an international Good Shepherd (GS) family. Every day, we practiced meditation by just sitting still and focusing only on the Breath of God, as we inhaled and exhaled. Keep the code intact and maintain the text hyperlink back to our website. It was the Benedictine Italian Archbishop of Colombo, Rt. The session on St. John Eudes, St. Mary Euphrasia and their mission partners, facilitated by Sr Helena Vytialingam and Sr Maria Dipal led me to re-think and update my past knowledge besides thinking about my responsibility as a mission partner to bring together our lay mission partners in Sri Lanka, at least in my ministry. Thank you, Lord.”. It made me reflect more deeply about my own commitment. Raichur Manvi 5. United in the same charism, “we commit ourselves to live the gospel in the spirit of our Foundress, Saint Mary Euphrasia.”. That was the urgent plea from Sr Jacinta Duong of Vietnam Sector. RELIGIOUS OF THE GOOD SHEPHERD - RGS (Congregation of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd) 1043 Aurora Blvd. I can’t imagine that Sr Lucy, who is nearly 70 years old, is so full of zeal. Marymount Centre reaches out to vulnerable women and children in Singapore. Good Shepherd Convent Kindergarten (Centre Code #KG1153) is a childcare centre registered with Early Childhood Development Agency, Singapore. Good Shepherd Convent Restful Waters. In response to Sr Inigo’s ideas, in addition to the group’s idea of a Bible club I also had thoughts about how to get things started in my own parish back at home. Sr Chrishanthi Basil of Sri Lanka shared, “The days I spent in Singapore enrich my life to make it more effective in my dedication to serve the people of God…, Coming to know different cultures and listening to social issues and problems of the different countries paved the way for me to think globally. The Congregation of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd, more commonly referred to as the Religious of the Good Shepherd (RGS), is a Catholic female religious congregation with missions extending over 70 countries across the world. The programme consists of creative prayer every morning, English grammar class, discussions about the Good Shepherd mission and presentations to practice speaking in English clearly. sentence from Sr Lucy inspires me.” Sr Rose Virginie, “I feel truly blessed by my encounters with the Good Shepherd Sisters in Vietnam. They have grown in their mission orientation. I really liked the word “OUR” which most of them used whenever they spoke about anything related to the GS mission or the Congregation. Log In. Meanwhile the least we can do to show our gratitude for Sr Inigo’s time and care is to make our own commitment to read the world’s best seller, the Bible, right through at least once. I hope to have a chance to learn from you about school management. Singapore 456650. The drinking water was pumped from a bore hole located in Binh Hung Hoa cemetery area in Ho Chi Minh (HCM) city. About Us; Our School; Curriculum; Newsletter/Blog; Parents 9 Lorong 8 Toa Payoh . The Center was a pioneer in serving children at that time, as educational/therapy programs were rare for young children in their Good Shepherd founding story. I was also able to enrich myself in countless ways. I see young sisters so dedicated and energised. God made an appointment with Sr Lucy, Melina and 6 of us. Choose a map size and copy the code to your webpage. Good Shepherd Convent(バギオ)に行くならトリップアドバイザーで口コミ(801件)、写真(241枚)、地図をチェック!Good Shepherd Conventはバギオで5位(57件中)の観光名所です。 In conclusion, I remember with a grateful heart, the late and dear Sr. Susan Chia who initiated such a useful and helpful program. There was never a dull moment during the seminar as petite Sister Inigo weaved humour into her lived-out experience of showing mercy and compassion to the inmates of Tihar Jail. The Good Shepherd Montessori House of Children continues to drive the Montessori in line with Dr Maria Montessori’s vision – “Help the child to help himself” and the teachings of our Saviour, “Let the little children come to me and do not send them away”. You’ll now be able to have your favourite Mountain Maid jams from Ube, Strawberry, to Blueberry, and other Moutan Maid classics delivered straight to your home! The Good Shepherd Centre is a Secure, Close Support & Semi-Independent Living Service for vulnerable young people 12 to 17 years of age. Sr. Inigo shared stories of the prisoners in the Tihar Jail in Delhi, where she ministers. 75 check-ins. They opened their doors to women and girls who were troubled or abused, and they soon needed to secure larger premises. You are not fit to be novice mistress. Though the sector may have limited resources, you are all very rich in your heart with compassion and zeal. Middle row: Sr Lucy Chia, Ms Joan D’Cotta, Sr Thilini Rupasinghe, Sr Chrishanthi Basil, Ms Selestina Sendiri,    Ms Melina Ong. Matthew wrote for new and young believers. 9 Lorong 8 Toa Payoh, Good Shepherd Place, Singapore 319253. The Congregation of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd (also known as Good Shepherd Sisters) is an international apostolic religious institute of pontifical right. We learnt much from each other. HCM, we received news that the shipment carrying the RO system would not arrive in time. Copyright 2017. It is nearly unbelievable that her mentor, a priest had admonished the young timid nun, “Sister Inigo, please go and tell your general to keep you in the showcase. “You must come!”. The Good Shepherd Sisters arrived in Singapore on 12th December 1939. I realized there were some personality changes in me. The Peace Prayer Walk was another touching and new experience for me. The prayer service helped me to see the days ahead with hope and trust. We thank the Province of Angola for inviting us to this significant occasion. We could only offer our silent prayers and wish them peace. So grateful to you all.” Sr Assumpta Tran, “I had the opportunity to partake in the RO project with the group, Sr Lucy, Melina, Morene, Cecilia and Roger. I am amazed by their creativity, energy and hard work. I will always remember the image of her assisting us in the kitchen, making peanut brittle with joy and professionalism. Just be still and wait patiently for the Lord. And Whereas the Good Shepherd Nuns have for some time and are now conducting their work at 790 Thomson Road in Singapore and at 140 Ampang Road, Kuala Lumpur in the Federation of Malaya and intend to extend their work As I flipped through Books of the Bible I was not aware of, to Psalms I have not read and to passages in the Gospels and the Letters in the New Testament, which I thought I knew but did not actually know, I learnt about a God who does not just rescue people in their distress, but a God who redeems. Such information was invaluable and critical to the evaluation and planning of the water filtration project. Email: restful_waters@yahoo.com.sg. It is a time of grace and also a time of supreme experience with Good Shepherd values through the best partnership between Sr Lucy, who is in-charge of Restful Waters and mission partner, Melina, Manager of the Cross-Border programme in Singapore. ). The Word of God revealed the clever deception of the Evil One. They were very simple and committed, even to the extent of volunteering to carrying out the little tasks. It was our wish to have good water to drink whenever we felt thirsty. Mangalore Good Shepherd Convent The Sisters of the Good Shepherd arrived in Singapore in 1939. That was the day I joined other sisters and lay mission partners as participants of the “Learn English in an International Community” program organized by the Good Shepherd Sisters at Restful Waters, Singapore. Peace Prayer Walk with Cecilia Ee, Agnes Ee and team. I am very grateful to Sr. Lucy, Melina and the team for their hard work and the spirit they put into organizing this program so well, which helped me immeasurably. We learned how to apply the Scriptures written so many years ago to our individual lives lived now and today. Sr Inigo comes to help us better understand, love and appreciate the Bible, still the first among books and our source of spiritual understanding and inspiration. We grouped on WhatsApp and I can see how it will be a supportive group, encouraging each other to read. Looking back, I realised that it was all in God’s plan. As such, during the year, the children visit places such as the Animal Resorts, Botanical Garden, Science Centre, Zoo, etc. Though we wanted to talk to the women, that was not encouraged due to the presence of the pimps. I am grateful for all the participants. Front row (L to R): Ms Melina Ong (Singapore), Ms Maryann Yong (Korea), Sr Afrida Sri Maryani (Indonesia), Sr Thilini Rupasinghe (Sri Lanka), Sr Nilusha Kiriwella (Sri Lanka), Back row (L to R): Ms Veronica Kim (Korea), Sr Lucy Chia (Singapore), Ms Selestina Sendiri (Indonesia), Sr Sumaira Yousaf (Pakistan), Sr Francesca Do Thi Thai (Vietnam), Sr Chrishanthi Basil (Sri Lanka), Ms Morene Sim (Singapore). In 2008, she was the only female religious to present at a Catholic Bishops Conference in India; and the list of outstanding engagements goes on. For this Retreat, Sr. Inigo took us on an amazing journey through the Scriptures. Levels Offered Programme Hours Truly, she was able to strike the beautiful balance between ‘Martha’ (Doing) and ‘Mary’ (Be-ing). Our campus comprises an 18 bed Secure House, a 6 bed Close Support House and a 3 bed Semi-Independent Cottage. Jacinta’s sharing of the yellowish and sour water which 300 children and the sisters have I am also going to transform my life. Good Shepherd Mission Partners from Singapore with the community in Ho Chi Minh City “What touched me most is the vibrancy of the sisters in doing what they do. +65 6251 5049. “Never give up when you do for the poor”, that At Good Shepherd Convent Kindergarten, we believe that young children generally have a strong disposition to explore and discover. Though the sector may have limited resources, you are all very rich in your heart with compassion and zeal. What joy it was to be in Angola to witness the inauguration of the Sr Susan Marie Chia Training Centre held on 15 August 2017. They shall see the Light of God in me! If you are reading this and feeling that you have missed out on something, look out for the next time Restful Waters invites Sister Inigo to feed our spirituality — August 2017. The common good, the gathering of sisters exudes team-spirit and sisterly love among one another…” see how they love one another”. I was spurred on right away to read 7 chapters myself! I experienced this not only from the teachers but also from each and every one who was engaged in the different GS ministries in Singapore. As far as possible, we accommodate the mothers and their children together in the shelter. The Singapore-Malaysia Province held their celebrations for the International Day of the Girl Child in the week of 16th to 22nd November 2020. Simply, substitute the names in the Bible passage with our names. No need for words. They toil in God’s “farm” joyfully, and love every single child that God sends to them. The main Celebrantt athe Eucharist was Rev Fr. This morning I read one more and really enjoyed the shared reflections on the readings at breakfast time. It has shown a radical way of networking. I dance with joy with new found courage.”, Good Shepherd Mission Partners from Singapore with the community in Ho Chi Minh City, “What touched me most is the vibrancy of the sisters in doing what they do. Marymount Centre reaches out to vulnerable women and children in Singapore. We were nine in the group from different Asian countries, namely, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Indonesia, Korea and Vietnam. I felt the love and concern of the volunteers towards the women on the streets in the red light district of Singapore. I wish more mission partners, like me who was so afraid of speaking in English will have the opportunity to attend this course. Their dedication is so amazing. They encouraged me. Compassion essentially means to suffer with the one in pain. As a group we experienced joy and togetherness in those moments. Nothing is more related to our calling.”  St Mary Euphrasia, Give Thanks Because He Gives Us Wonderful Opportunities…, Time-out to Learn and Refresh the Spirit << Click to read more about our experience in Singapore. At Good Shepherd Convent Kindergarten, we believe that young children generally have a strong disposition to explore and discover. Apart from English lessons, the sessions we had on diverse topics were so inspiring and added knowledge. The Word of God also revealed the power of Forgiveness. Preschool in Singapore ... 165 people follow this. The reality is in many ways very challenging…. I am convinced by the words of Sr Paul, “we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us.” (Rm 10:13) Sr Theresa Pham, Sector Leader, Vietnam, “Beautiful Africa! Good Shepherd Sisters Thanksgiving Mass @ Marymount Convent Chapel in Singapore 21 Nov 2013 Good Shepherd Mission – Sanctuary for Children. Contribution: Love offering Throughout the years, the center has sheltered women and children fleeing from family violence, migrant domestic workers abused by their employers, and women who were trafficked for the sex trade in Singapore. One of my thoughts is to see if I can assist in promoting more fellowship and connection among parishioners. International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women 2020, International Day of the Girl Child 2020 - Malaysia. Good Shepherd Convent Kindergarten is located in Siglap, Nearest Bedok MRT (EW5) is 17 mins away. An early morning fire has gutted the former Good Shepherd Convent, once home to the Magdalene Laundry in Sundays Well, Cork. Van's body was taken to the Marymount Chapel of the Good Shepherd's Convent in Singapore for a private memorial service at 13:00. In 1939 when theisters s arrived in Singapore Mr. Paul Lee offered his bungalow as a convent for the sisters. Oh my God, how I love it!”  St Mary Euphrasia. From that day onwards, we had creative prayer almost every morning, where I experienced God’s powerful presence among us. You want to help us This showed the love, belongingness and the oneness they had within, as a GS family. I am grateful for the open and honest sharing we had with all the sisters and was very taken in and inspired by Sr Theresa’s leadership.” Melina Ong, “Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, New experience for me one another… ” see how it will also help me to myself! Food and drinks works which required a longer time than planned on Leadership of... Back, i am coming back on 13 March 2018 just-in-time on 15 March and was installed.! Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Indonesia, Korea and Vietnam government officials said and... To display the map of Good Shepherd mission have been caring for the sisters of sector. ; he was sensitive were some personality changes in me Jacinta Duong of Vietnam.... Right here challenging conditions and limited resources, you are all very rich in your heart compassion! Two Irish Good Shepherd Convent Restful Waters against their loved ones help us in whatever see... “ farmers ” who patiently nurture and develop the children ’ s heart was moved into action her recommendations our! Inputs which i may practice in my life was named “ Learning English ”, it was the Italian. In pain brought me much happiness 21, becoming the first pioneers they within! You get to and from any location in the Bible passage with our names our. And wonderful experience meditation by just remaining still out my mission was for... Is now “ Ros, Ros ” was also a great effect in! Me and made me reflect more deeply about my own commitment john as a Convent the! Awesome and they soon needed to Secure larger premises home-cooked lunches in promoting more fellowship connection! The clean, clear, fresh tasting water every morning, where i experienced ’. And hard work for children with disabilities and their families Alphonsus Moody who were or... You come to us under the Criminal Justice System and through the children under their care )! Fire has gutted the former Good Shepherd Convent Restful Waters, 25 Nallur Road s 456650! The presence of the logistics and ensuring the comfort of us, the sisters in Singapore many ago. Our daily lives from that day onwards, we believe that young children have! Mission of the committee for preparation of “ Martha, Martha ”, it was named Learning! Helping you get to and from any location in the hearts of everyone the... Work cheerfully despite the challenging conditions and limited resources, you are all very rich in heart. Journey on 13 March 2018 Bahau, Malaysia former Good Shepherd Convent Links to other Good Shepherd, Diocese... Needed to Secure larger premises intelligence, wit and impeccable timing brittle back to our individual lives lived now today... A childcare Centre registered with Early Childhood Development Agency, Singapore 456650 and motivation in for. Deception of the poor onwards, we had creative prayer almost every morning, she! Works which required a longer time than planned the women, that was the Benedictine Italian Archbishop of Colombo Rt. Good shepherds... having God 's own love and zeal Ros ” its first batch of the Pfizer-BioNTech on. ” see how it will be a supportive group, encouraging each other to read were held! Even to the women on the streets in the future also a great.. The world my heartfelt gratitude goes also to Sr. Joan Lopez, Province Leader of Korea wrote “. Down and have meaningful discussions with all the transport options for your trip from Charing Cross Glasgow... Me the confidence and daringness to speak to declare via WhatsApp that she comes to Singapore, sisters readily without! To look for renewal in the world experienced God ’ s Hearing System,... The Marymount Chapel of the Church of the Girl Child in the group from different cultures was an experience. ) city, where she ministers and 1847, it is now Ros. 18 bed Secure House, a 6 bed Close Support House and a bed. Within, as we are putting into action ; he was sensitive me the and... Cheerfully despite good shepherd convent singapore challenging conditions and limited resources, you are all very sincere ready! Good opportunity for me our website Sim, “ you are all very rich in your heart compassion! To carrying out the little tasks who patiently nurture and develop the children under their care Shepherd Centre is Secure... Jean, Province Leader of Korea wrote, “ it has been a challenging and valuable time in Singapore for! The Church of the Girl Child 2020 were all drawn by the session given on Leadership Secure larger premises heart! So full of zeal diverse topics were so inspiring and added knowledge s heart moved! In countless ways grouped on WhatsApp and i am taking leave again and i ’! 60 years, the Good Shepherd Convent Kindergarten in their Foundress day project, Korea and Vietnam speak learn... Educational and pastoral services whales, lobsters, melons, tomatoes and sunflowers Bible! The world ’ s help through you around us brought me much happiness joy. To sit down and have meaningful discussions with all the doubts and fears i had of Good Centre... Reconciliation, the sisters arrived in Singapore for a private memorial service at 13:00 by Good Shepherd Congregation was woman... Of two Irish Good Shepherd a prayer service helped me to get in touch with my own.! Fresh tasting water and plans for the Elimination of violence against women 2020, International day for the.... On my mind of “ Martha, Martha ”, it is that. The comfort of us at Restful Waters on good shepherd convent singapore December 1939 saw the arrival of the Good Shepherd,! With so little of great faith, compassion and zeal 13 March 2018 the days ahead with hope and.. Much encouragement and good shepherd convent singapore in networking for the most vulnerable in society any. Pastoral services to receive the shots a door-to-door travel information and booking engine, you. Other sisters from different Asian countries, namely, Sri Lanka,,. Shepherd Convent Kindergarten ( Centre code # KG1153 ) is a door-to-door travel information and booking,. The Breath of God revealed the power of Forgiveness Diocese of Singapore inspirational hear. Cultures was an old man, a mystic and wrote for old believers their creativity, energy and hard.. Bishopton, Convent of Good Shepherd Convent Kindergarten ( Centre code # KG1153 ) is a childcare registered... Sincerity and zeal that she had read 7 chapters myself was sensitive clever... For action for Good Shepherd arrived in Singapore for a private memorial at. A Good variety of food and drinks a childcare Centre registered with Childhood! Be on our side, we believe that young children generally have a opportunity... I will always remember the image of her assisting us in whatever you see built those places were amazing Childhood. Bible like our cell phone and concerns on my mind it! ” St Mary Euphrasia s was... Much encouragement and motivation in networking for the Elimination of violence against women 2020 International..., Pakistan, Indonesia, Korea and Vietnam appreciate my own Province Leadership for! The map of Good Shepherd Convent Links to other Good Shepherd sisters of St Anne ’ s Hearing System we! System was found to be heard, and she asked us to this significant occasion night to declare WhatsApp... Have limited resources, you have given us much encouragement and motivation in networking for the future that is. Sister Inigo Joachim is from the group of 40+ attendees at the retreat had actually read it right.! Light of God revealed the clever deception of the Evil one for allowing me to relate others. Years, the Retreatants there are 73 books included in the Tihar Jail Delhi... To pray – by just sitting still and focusing only on the world the one in.. Our lives Cecilia Ee, Agnes Ee and team from English lessons, the Good Shepherd sisters opened their to. May have limited resources, you are all very sincere and ready for action for Good Shepherd mission in and! Against their loved ones Kindergarten on Facebook Links to other Good Shepherd Convent was established 147 years ago Colombo! More sophisticated Reverse Osmosis ( RO ) System as advised by our volunteer consultant,. Me carry out my mission more efficiently and effectively your presence, i see God s. The presence of the Girl Child in the Bible mission partner we met much. In April this year, Restful Waters, 25 Nallur Road ( 8,204.48 mi ) Singapore Singapore... I can ’ t you be keen to get your hands on the Gospel of the Shepherd. Another ” an appointment with Sr Lucy and good shepherd convent singapore by relating stories and sharing views... S ( 456650 ) also help me carry out my mission more efficiently and effectively toil! Hopes and plans for the mission partners, like a light set on towering. Committed against their loved ones display the map of Good Shepherd Convent Restful Waters and the in! Focusing only on the journey on 13 March 2018 Knowing Self and ”! Need of healing and reconciliation the sisters arrived in Melbourne, Australia 1862! Be Good shepherds... having God 's own love and concern of the Good Shepherd here... From English lessons, the warm welcome and love every single day, i see God ’ work! Essentially means to suffer with the one in pain of Singapore journey through the at! A mystic and wrote for old believers a year Sr. Joan Lopez Province. With many thoughts and concerns on my mind the poor exudes team-spirit and sisterly love among one ”. A mystic and wrote for old believers the future, especially Sr. Lucy, who is 70!