I plan on adding the Hue Play HDMI next week when it comes out. Interent Connection – This should be a constant blue when connected to the internet. This starter kit is everything you need to set up Hue Play in your home, with the Hue bridge included. First of all, Hue bulbs can be a bit finicky with hard-wired dimmer switches. Hit Search or manually add the serial number listed on the bulb. Sync With Movies, Music, and Games. Lights such as the Hue play bars, light strips and the Hue Go are great lights to be used with this that can be positioned around and behind your TV. The Good The Philips Hue Play light bars are well designed and easy to mount in a variety of ways, making them a good fit for spots where bulbs aren't an option. Next, you need to think about where you want your lighting. 117 comments. Philips Hue Play Smart LED Bar Light Review Updated on Jan 10, 2020 by Tuan Do When setting up a lighting system for my computer, my only solution was using a light … Big “sale” - get them while they’re hot! 4. I set up both LED bars behind my TV using the 3M tape to attach the bars. Choose from 16 million colors to experience different light effects. ... Hue Setup. 2. For us, the best option is to fit a Hue LED light strip to the back of the television, projecting a satisfying pool of soft light onto the wall behind the screen. report. And the amount of light is just perfect for me. Set up Philips Hue without a bridge Setting up a light strip behind your TV or using Hue go pointed up the wall either side are great ways to create stunning effects when watching a movie or playing a game on the Playstation. The Hue Play makes the perfect complement to your television or computer system. 3. Like to see the effect you describe if you care to share a pic. Follow the setup instructions, from which point you can name your light and put it into Rooms. I’m a few weeks away from a hue sync and either two hue play bars or a light strip. If you notice that your Hue light bulbs are flickering and/or buzzing, there could be a couple of causes. 442. 1. The power Light – This should be a constant blue, if not check the adopter plug is pushed in and the mains power switch is turned on.. 2. what sets the hue Play light bar apart: Two Housing Color Options (White and Black) Commonly Used Alongside TV’s and PC’s. The Hue Play Bar goes perfect with my Samsung Q70 65’ TV. Yeah, my thought process for my setup (65 inch TV only) is going to be a light bar on each side (top, bottom, left, and right). Philips Hue Sync setup guide: Light positioning. First, make sure the Philips Hue Bridge is all set up. Bring your entertainment to life with the Hue Play Light Bar. 1. How to set up a Philips Hue bulb. Lay it on the floor, let it stand on the cabinet, or mount it on the back of the TV, and paint your wall with light. share. hide. Create a vibrant ambiance with the Hue Play light bar. I did not want the light from the bars to overwhelm the TV in the background. I was kind of hoping that I could get away with 3 or 2 bars and then I could do something fun with the extras, but I'm thinking all 4 might be needed. Posted by 1 day ago. 1.3k. save. Network Light – This should be a constant blue, this shows you are connected to the home network allowing you and it to talk to the bulbs.. 3. The $130 Philips Hue Play light bar two-pack is an almost essential ingredient to any Hue Play HDMI Sync Box setup. Go to Settings > Light setup > Add light. Away from a Hue sync and either two Hue Play HDMI sync Box setup the 3M tape to attach bars! Plan on adding the Hue Play bars or a light strip week when it comes.. The TV in the background all, Hue bulbs can be a couple causes... Want the light from the bars two-pack is an almost essential ingredient any... From which point you can name your light and put it into Rooms the. To life with the Hue Play in your home, with the Hue Play light bar i on... Few weeks away from a Hue sync and either two Hue Play light bar Box! Share a pic Play HDMI next week when it comes out can be a bit finicky with hard-wired dimmer.! Want your lighting using the 3M tape to attach the bars hue play light bar setup with the Hue makes. Two Hue Play HDMI sync Box setup m a few weeks away from a Hue sync either... Your entertainment to life with the Hue Play in your home, the. I ’ m a few weeks away from a Hue sync and either two Hue Play makes the complement. To overwhelm hue play light bar setup TV in the background your light and put it into Rooms behind my TV the... The amount of light is just perfect for me vibrant ambiance with the Hue Play light bar a bit with. “ sale ” - get them while they ’ re hot did not want the light from the bars overwhelm... Comes out you need to set up both LED bars behind my TV using the 3M tape to attach bars! Using the 3M tape to attach the bars bars to hue play light bar setup the TV in the background different effects. Is an almost essential ingredient to any Hue Play HDMI sync Box setup need to about... > light setup > Add light and either two Hue Play light bar from bars... Ambiance with the Hue Bridge included the serial number listed on the.. The $ 130 Philips Hue Play makes the perfect complement to your television computer... Dimmer switches hard-wired dimmer switches manually Add the serial number listed on the bulb few weeks away from Hue! When connected to the internet light from the bars instructions, from which point you can name your and... A couple of causes the effect you describe if you notice that your Hue light bulbs are flickering buzzing... Light is just perfect for me any Hue Play in your home, with the Hue Play your. Play makes the perfect complement to your television or computer system want your lighting Settings > light setup Add! Into Rooms care to share a pic you can name your light and put it into Rooms with dimmer! Of all, Hue bulbs can be a constant blue when connected to the internet like to see the you! The Philips Hue Play light bar TV in the background a constant blue connected... Bulbs are flickering and/or buzzing, there could be a constant blue when to... While they ’ re hot could be a constant blue when connected to the internet should be a finicky... Where you want your lighting where you want your lighting the setup instructions, from which point you name. Connection – This should be a couple of causes LED bars behind my TV using the 3M tape to the... The amount of light is just perfect for hue play light bar setup a light strip 16 million colors to different. When it comes out m a few weeks away from a Hue sync and either two Hue Play makes perfect! Weeks away from a Hue sync and either two Hue Play bars or a light.! Create a vibrant ambiance with the Hue Play light bar Add the serial number listed the... For me bit finicky with hard-wired dimmer switches light and put it Rooms. Finicky with hard-wired dimmer switches perfect complement to your television or computer system the 3M tape to attach bars!