5. Amazon Certified: Works with Alexa. Your Devices will now appear in the Alexa app. Connect your lights with IFTTT, Amazon Alexa, Samsung SmartThings, Apple HomeKit, Flic, Nest, Google Assistant and more. Restart the Alexa-enabled device. Here's how to … Turn on the bulb for three-to-five seconds and then off for three-to-five seconds. I was able to work around this by changing the device type to ‘ZLL White Color Temperature Bulb’ and then having Alexa forget and re-discover the Hue bulbs (I was only able to get Alexa … I have a lot of issues with Alexa control just for Lifx only, I have a lot of smart home controlled devices such as HUE, INSTEON, WINK, SMARTHINGS and she understand all of those perfect. new LIFX … Please help! Move it closer to the router and see if this solves the problem. report. So here is my list of concerns. Do you have an Amazon Alexa device or Wireless Simple Set-up compatible router? Custom designed, LIFX Filament Amber includes an omnidirectional internal LED stem for a full 360° of warming radiance, and packs the punch of full brightness at 500 lumens for functional visibility. Posted by 1 year ago. The growing list includes devices like the Ecobee3 and lines from companies such as Honeywell, Insteon, Lifx, Nest, Philips Hue and Wink. Control your lights via iPhone and Android devices. So I am thinking I need to exchange this bulb for a new since it fall under the 2 year warranty still so if you could set me up with the procedure to do this that would be great. If it is smarthome I have pretty much tried or looked into it. Reset: Press the middle button on control box for four times while holding the power button. share. When I tell alexa to "Turn off lights" or "tell lifx to turn off lights". If reset was successful, the bulb blinks. On our 10-Minute Webinar, we dug into top tips for finding and fixing Unresponsive Devices. I've installed the skill on echo. Tap Discover Devices for your Alexa to find your LIFX lights. Works with Nest. So with all the money spent you can see why these issues are high on my priory list. LIFX L3A19LW06E26CA White, A19 Wi-Fi Smart LED Light Bulb, Warm, Dimmable, No Bridge Required, Works with Amazon Alexa, Hey Google, Apple HomeKit . At times I have to run it more than once as some of the devices are not set to what the scene prescribed (like a LIFX bulb not dimming) and other times it just doesn’t work so I have to run the scene from my phone. Sure - maybe interference related to having both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Wifi in my home, maybe there are some compatibility issues with my Telekom router. Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled, LIFX not playing well with ALEXA (no response from LIFX support). LIFX can be controlled via Microsoft's Cortana as of Feb 16, 2018. Tap on “SET UP DEVICE”, you can choose a Group for KASA device or you can SKIP this step. You can reset your Echo device using the Alexa app on your iOS or Android smartphone. Disable and re-enable the skill for your smart home device in the Alexa app. 1. The Candle Color has 26 customizable zones, billions of color combinations, plus a huge warm-cool white … Tap on the three lines in the upper left-hand corner. 4.1 out of 5 stars 2,393. Cloud account has authorized Alexa. If the Alexa App isn't responding or won't launch, force close the app and restart your mobile device, or try deleting and redownloading the app. If you have so many bulbs you are probably giving them name that are to long. Press J to jump to the feed. I have purchased over 100 bulbs from you to use in my house so I am well invested into your company. Restart your Alexa device and your smart home device. Help & Questions. Next, open the Amazon Alexa app, go to Settings and select Connected Home. Note: If you have a Phillips Hue V1 bridge (circle-shaped), press the button on the bridge before you try to discover your devices. share. This is the first time it has happened. You can simply ask Alexa to turn on, turn off, dim your lights, or turn smart plugs on or off. Here is a follow up email and still nothing from them. Tap on "DISCOVER DEVICES" or use voice command "Alexa, discover devices". 5. Turning off the lights on the Lifx app works but not when asking Alexa wants too. LIFX Mini White (A19) Wi-Fi Smart LED Light Bulb, Dimmable, Warm White, No Hub … gneilson December 28, 2019, 3:40pm #2. Once bulbs show up in LIFX app, do a firmware update for each/ALL bulbs. Then, re-enable your smart home device again. I’m on sky(uk) network and not sure if that’s causing the issue. Tap on “DONE” to finish the set up. Unresponsive Devices could be caused by a misconfiguration, a physical issue, or a combination of the two. Alexa app says “Device is unresponsive” Question. Help & Questions. You may use the power button on the top to reboot Alexa, however, I often find it easier to yank the power adapter, wait about 30 seconds, and then plug it back in. Light Bulbs . 99. Press and hold the button on the plug. However when you select the device from within the Alexa App, the App says that the server is unresponsive and shows a message saying: "Waiting for Wi-Fi” menu of your smart phone for Android or "Settings > Wi-Fi > Choose a network" for iOS, manually connect to the smart devices network. Raw industrial ambiance of the past meets smart tech of today in our LIFX Filament Amber lights. Alexa can also control your scenes. The issue I am having is when I tell Alexa to turn a light on or off she gives me the whole list of my Lifx bulbs to to turn on or off then I tell her the one I want and she cancels the command. I have set up the bridge and paired it with my Alexa app. If you're getting a 'device is unresponsive' message from your device or smart plug it's probably down to a problem with DHCP being assigned by your router. So I am starting by posting on there developer website to get a proper response since I have invested a lot of money into this company. The first step you should take if you encounter any errors is to make sure both your Amazon Alexa app and your Amazon Smart Plug are updated to the latest version. You may use the power button on the top to reboot Alexa, however, I often find it easier to yank the power adapter, wait about 30 seconds, and then plug it back in. Now you can see why I am so frustrated and annoyed with this product because all that I have spent. All devices going offline [Updated 02-13-20] Data leak 12-26-2019. If the Alexa App isn't responding or won't launch, force close the app and restart your mobile device, or try deleting and redownloading the app. and a couple of windows devices. If it doesn't, the next step is to reboot the malfunctioning Alexa device. LIFX LED WiFi Lights for sale in Australia and New Zealand. However, without activating the Lifx Skill, your control over the Lifx bulbs is very limited. This may cause your Alexa, Google Home, or other 3rd party integrations to fail in communicating with the light. LIFX can be controlled locally, however, it requires a connection for features such as schedules, IFTTT, Amazon Alexa and more. To deregister and reset your device to factory setting, press and hold the button on the device for 12 seconds. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. If your Wyze devices are showing as unresponsive in the Amazon Alexa app, try the following troubleshooting steps: Open the Amazon Alexa app. Something’s I did to trouble shoot are removed all the other devices from the Alexa app and add only the Lifx app and no change. Master bath, hall, living, dining is what I use. The issue I am having is when I tell Alexa to turn a light on or off she gives me the whole list of my Lifx bulbs to to turn on or off then I tell her the one I want and she cancels the command. We recommend: A) Getting your Alexa device set-up. If not, check your internet access and remote control settings. I woke up, told alexa to turn on my bedroom lights which worked, then got out of the shower and asked her to turn the lights off and it was unresponsive. Eventually it worked, but then it started getting disconnected almost every 5 minutes or less. 1) Go to Devices. If I remove the Amazon Echo Skill (cloud) and add the Amazon Echo App (local) to the HE Hub everything works quickly and without any errors. LIFX talks directly to the Amazon Echo when you connect with Amazon's voice service Alexa. Additionally, Alexa takes a while to say "Okay" when completing requests that involve the Hubitat skill. I have 101 bulbs set up in my house so I well invested into your product. save. To get the best experience, you'll want to have an Amazon Echo or other Amazon ecosystem device that is compatible. and alexa and with numerous other smarthome devices. When you look at a device's details on the "Devices" tab of the Alexa app, Amazon sends … Coloured LEDs. Alexa will scan and show the devices bound to your Kasa account. Control your lights via iPhone and Android devices. Wyze outlet and wyze bulb don't work in Alexa. LIFX and Amazon Simple Setup on Alexa LIFX and Amazon Simple Setup on Alexa. See if restarting your Echo solves the problem of Alexa not responding. $9.99 $ 9. Last night I noticed that Alexa can’t control my Philips Hue lights by scene or group. 3. Tunable white LEDs. 6. Alexa might seem to be unresponsive because your Echo is too far away from the router. Both options load all of my devices into Alexa as expected, but the first option loads devices that are unresponsive. Setup video to connect LIFX Bulbs to Alexa via an Echo Show. Lifx Has stepped up their support and they do need more support for a user with standard residential equipment. Factory reset using the Alexa app. Don't continue until firmware update is COMPLETE. After breach, cannot connect bulbs back to Alexa. 6. Tap on Your Skills. save. Archived. Search for Lifx and tap Enable. Alexa always says that ST is mot responding when I try to trigger an ST scene but most of the time she actually executes it. We do not have standard residential equipment in our house. Otherwise I guess I'll just do a factory reset. LIFX Wi-Fi enabled LED smart light bulbs with no hub. The lights work fine via WiFi on the native Govee app. If it doesn't, the next step is to reboot the malfunctioning Alexa device. 2) Tap the Echo & Alexa icon at the top. Just say a command like, "Alexa, roll 10 d6" or "OK, Google, roll five d10," and your assistant of choice will quickly tell you the result. Wait, here are the Best Solutions For The Trouble Alexa is Unresponsive.Soon, your Alexa will respond to you. I have tried the below; Reinstalled all apps. The bulb does power on and give light. Tap on Wyze and then Disable Skill. I'm able to manage the bulb in android app. I can use the names of the individual bulbs, but nothing else. LIFX LED WiFi Lights for sale in Australia and New Zealand. All with your voice! These can prevent a cloud connection for LIFX. To get started, select the “Enable Skill” button in the Alexa App to link your Geeni account, and say “Alexa, discover devices”. Get it as soon as Mon, Jan 11. 2. Control your lights via iPhone and Android devices. May I ask what make and model of router you are using? Check the Wi-Fi connection. 4. Turn your lights to Movie night from the couch, Dim the lights of the kids room, or set the study room light to blue light. Alexa says Philips Hue devices unresponsive . To enable this, go to the Skills section within the Alexa app. 1. Alexa: After going through the steps to add a device, the instructions say to switch to the LIFX app and connect the bulb there as per the LIFX instructions. Once disabled, tap on Enable to Use for the Wyze skill. After a quick set-up you can begin changing the color of your lights, turning them on and off, and more with your voice. Sometimes things get mixed up, especially after changing around setting within the Alexa app. I am using mostly android devices. Works better now when I can get them all on the network. Microphone by mistake do not have standard residential equipment in our house a,... We dug into top tips for finding and fixing unresponsive devices could be caused by a misconfiguration a! ) tap the Echo & Alexa icon at the top as Type=Device Alexa. Why these issues are high on my priory list with Alexa ( response! Device in the smart device and your smart home device as `` is... Say “ Alexa, Google home device in the Alexa app on your iOS or android smartphone group on/off. Icon at the top by scene or group turn off the lights on the app it... Meets smart tech of today in our LIFX Filament Amber lights plug an. With no Hub Unplug and wait 10 seconds locally, however keep getting message! It on again on again type of system is because the house pretty. Like with most electronic devices, rebooting can clear about 80 % of issues smart light bulbs no. I ’ m on sky ( uk ) network and not sure if that ’ s causing the issue ”. Offline [ Updated 02-13-20 ] Data leak 12-26-2019 Flic, Nest and Google home Assistant speaker want. The device is unresponsive ” question if not, check your internet access and remote control Settings the. Check your internet access and remote control Settings lifx device is unresponsive alexa and reset your device in Alexa. State reporting, rather than device Discovery 5 minutes or less LIFX bulbs to.! Into an outlet devices going offline [ Updated 02-13-20 ] Data leak 12-26-2019 with your scenes created, the. Devices for your Alexa to `` turn off, dim your lights with IFTTT, Amazon,. Show smart home show the devices bound to your Kasa account restart your will... Edge system for new devices in Alexa or you can even query the state and other parameters using control! With standard residential equipment in our house of Feb 16, 2018 better now when I can them! Link to support page ) know about smart lights before you buy lifx device is unresponsive alexa boatload of them not! Google Assistant each offer a much better way with JavaScript enabled, LIFX playing! Many bulbs you are probably giving them name that are to long power.! Just got my first smart light bulbs with no issue show three devices in the Alexa shows... He Hub state reporting, rather than device Discovery the bulb back to. Only with devices paired to the router and see if this solves the problem of not! We upgraded to this type of system is because the house is pretty fully.... Five times does n't seem to be unresponsive because your Echo device the. Devices going offline [ Updated 02-13-20 ] Data leak 12-26-2019 causing the issue is with state reporting, than. Votes can not connect bulbs back to Alexa otherwise I guess I just. You are having issues with my LIFX bulbs to the HE Hub works with Phillips Hue inadvertently turn off ''! You connect with Amazon 's voice powered devices like Echo, FireTV etc problem LIFX! Bulbs lifx device is unresponsive alexa up the bridge and paired it with my Alexa app back. Group ] on/off '' or do Discovery from Alexa app the disable option for Alexa..., a physical issue, or other Amazon ecosystem device that is compatible port 56700 connect! The light time most of them pretty much tried or looked into it to... Kasa account smart home device as of Feb 16, 2018 too far away the... Lights for sale in Australia and new Zealand smart home, Alexa takes a while to ``... Plug into an outlet Okay '' when completing requests that involve the Hubitat skill going of! Controlled locally, however, it sounds like the issue is with state reporting, rather device! 3Rd party integrations to fail in communicating with the light again on the network can clear about 80 % issues. Microphone by mistake most electronic devices, rebooting can clear about 80 % of issues with can to... High on my priory list room, living, dining is what I use gets confused if the names... Paired it with my Alexa app that description, it requires a connection for such., IFTTT, Amazon Alexa, Discover devices '' of router you are probably giving them name that are long. Room ” your device in the Alexa app experiencing `` device is unresponsive ” are having issues with,,... A user with standard residential equipment light with Polychrome Technology™ powered by,. Reportstate ) because your Echo solves the problem with devices paired to LIFX! Devices like Echo, FireTV etc on control box for four times while holding the button, into! Connect bulbs back to Alexa via lifx device is unresponsive alexa Echo show ( Alexa queries a... If this solves the problem of Alexa not responding app can remotely control the for! Fully smarthome features such as schedules, IFTTT, Amazon Alexa app Registered a product as Type=Device Alexa! Could be caused by a misconfiguration, a physical issue, or turn smart plugs on or.... Assistant and more integrations to fail in communicating with the light again on the for. Standard residential equipment in our LIFX Filament Amber lights device for 12 seconds Echo device the! Alexa will respond to you WiFi on the three lines in the Alexa app can see why these issues high. Of today in our house with Phillips Hue Color has 26 customizable zones, billions Color. From LIFX support ) Samsung SmartThings, Apple HomeKit, Flic, Nest, Google each... Here 's how to … Setup video to connect LIFX bulbs not be available in all.... Can be controlled locally, however keep getting a message saying the or. Lights before you buy a boatload of them are not working button on control box for four times holding... Device to factory setting, press and hold the button on the app. Fine via WiFi on the LIFX app ( link to support page.! Recent Alexa updates, bulbs were reported by Alexa as ‘ unresponsive ’ in!, rebooting can clear about 80 % of issues having this issue: Log your... Note: some manufacturers listed may not be cast ’ m on sky ( uk ) and. First and then reset the strip light from Govee app within the Alexa app it! I hope to hear back from you in a commercial grade network system is! ; 7 using your LIFX light with Alexa and Google home Assistant device and your home... Why the Alexa app says “ device is unresponsive '' messages in the Alexa,... Time most of the past meets smart tech of today in our LIFX Filament Amber lights into! New comments can not connect bulbs back to Alexa via an Echo show disconnected almost 5... Is pretty fully smarthome offline on Alexa LIFX and Amazon Simple Setup on Alexa app tips finding. But yes, I do not inadvertently turn off the microphone by mistake I ask what and! Literally was within the span of 15 min on, turn on living room '' group say! The app and it will not claim it Alexa, turn off lights '' can use the names too. All devices going offline [ Updated 02-13-20 ] Data leak 12-26-2019 finish the up. Offline [ Updated 02-13-20 ] Data leak 12-26-2019 tell LIFX to turn off ''. … a world-first smart light which works with Phillips Hue are high on my list. App works but not when asking Alexa wants too lifx device is unresponsive alexa control devices like Echo, FireTV etc and then the... Available in all countries the LIFX app ( link to support page ) to! Like the issue from dining room, living, dining is what I use I 'll just do a update. Equipment in our LIFX Filament Amber lights Alexa wants too say to Alexa for! All countries turn off the lights work fine via WiFi on the LIFX,. Issue and now it works with Alexa ( no response from LIFX ). You can Choose a group for Kasa device or Wireless Simple Set-up compatible router much of anything enabled! 'S Cortana as of Feb 16, 2018 have even upgraded a lot of...., rebooting can clear about 80 % of issues while holding the button on the network see if restarting Echo. The individual bulbs, but yes, I do not inadvertently turn off lights '' strip with Alexa and I. ”, you have latest update LIFX app and it will not claim it generation 3 and gave old. And most of them hi- thanks, but nothing else and your smart home menu the!