Powerstate brushless motor Part of the M12 System - Fits All M12 Batteries, Five year Tool Warranty, Two Year Battery Warranty. Hex Impact Driver is the industry's fastest 18-Volt compact impact solution. Model: Milwaukee 2553-20 This small 1/4" driver from Milwaukee is a great tool. POWERSTATE Brushless motor, REDLINK PLUS Intelligence and REDLITHIUM Batteries. Hex Impact Driver (Tool-Only), M12 FUEL 12-Volt Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 4-in-1 Installation 3/8 in. M18 FUEL™ ANGLER™ 240' Steel Pulling Fish Tape Kit 2873B-22 Some options focus on speed and torque at the expense of size and weight, while others focus on ergonomics at the expense of performance. The POWERSTATE Brushless Motor delivers up to 0 RPM-3,000 RPM with constant power output to drive screws faster. It times out after a few seconds to avoid draining the battery. Wrong – in this case, kinder and gentler doesn’t mean underpowered. Another feature is the on board battery life indicator.. Slotted Insert Bit (2-Pack), SHOCKWAVE IMPACT DUTY Titanium Drill Bit Set (23-Piece), 3.5 in. 2 – 0-2,200 RPM / 0-2,200 IPM The primary benefits – reduced noise and vibration – will be welcome to anyone who uses an impact driver frequently. Impact Duty Steel Screwdriver Bit (15-Pack), 1/4 in. Overall, it's a fantastic addition to my toolbox and I highly recommend it. I like having a spot to store an extra bit, dammit! A post shared by Mechanical-Hub (@mechanicalhub) on Feb 20, 2017 at 6:51pm PST At nearly half the decibels and almost twice as fast the new Milwaukee M18 FUEL Surge hydraulic impact driver smoked its predecessor, the M18 FUEL ONE-Key impact driver in a head-to-head tool fight. It's a fantastic tool, and I'm now going to look into getting the Milwaukee M12 drill to use as a compact option to my larger M18 drill. It goes in relatively easily. To maximize the efficiency of the Milwaukee Surge Hydraulic Driver, Milwaukee employed its go-to combo. The model features four drives modes: It’s 12v and uses the same batteries as other tools in this same series line. The POWERSTATE Brushless Motor delivers up to 0 RPM to 3,000 RPM with constant power output to drive screws faster. The hydraulic mechanism really makes a difference. The M18 Brushless Cordless Compact 1/4 in. Milwaukee brushless motors allow for up to 50% more run time and double tool life, saving you time on the job and money on repairs. My favorite impact driver has been the Milwaukee M18 FUEL SURGE--it is so quiet and the speed setting makes it so easy to control the driver. Milwaukee 2656-20 M18 18V 1/4 Inch Lithium Ion Hex Impact Driver with 1,500 Inch Pounds of Torque and LED Lighting Array (Battery Not Included, Power Tool Only) 4.8 out of 5 stars 1,704 $63.00 The Milwaukee Surge Hydraulic Driver is no exception; at 2.1 lbs. The MILWAUKEE M12 FUEL SURGE ¼-inch Hex Hydraulic Driver is the industry's first 12V hydraulic impact driver. There are four settings, and the low range settings are what really set this apart from my older M12 Fuel Impact; this one is so controllable, most times I use setting #2, since setting #1 is more for delicate work. Set to hit the shelves early in November 2016, the Milwaukee Surge Hydraulic Driver will be available as a bare tool (2760-20) with an MSRP of $149. It comes through in the video a little bit; the sound from the Surge is a bit more muffled. Yes, he is a slow learner. Model: Milwaukee 2551-20; Power Source: Milwaukee M12 batteries; No-Load Speed: 0 – 3200 RPM; Max Torque: 450 in-lbs; Impact Rate: 0 – 3400 IPM; Read our Milwaukee M12 Surge impact driver review. The DEWALT DCF887P1 Impact Driver features. This is for Steve and Darius: There really is a noticeable difference in the noise level. I have a handful of Milwaukee M-12 tools. They’re intended to drive deck screws, attach ledger boards, fasten electrical boxes or galvanized ducts, fasten cabinets together, and similar light to medium-duty jobs. I stripped off the tiles, and pulled out the 43,000 staples that had been securing (most) of them. This M12 driver is just as quiet as my M18 model, and the feel and control are just as good. After running several dozen 4” screws into the nailers, I swapped out the Milwaukee Surge Hydraulic Driver for the standard Milwaukee impact driver (2653-20). Essentially, when the tool detects increased torque/resistance it pauses for a brief moment then impacts very briefly to complete tightening then stops completely. Click here for more information on Electronic Recycling Programs, M12 FUEL SURGE 12-Volt Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 1/4 in. The biggest feature is the fact it’s 2X quieter than standard impact. I am sorry to hear about your frustrations with your kit. 1 – 0-1,100 RPM / 0-950 IPM The MILWAUKEE M12 FUEL SURGE ¼-Inch Hex Hydraulic Driver is the industry's first 12V hydraulic impact driver. Hex Hydraulic Driver is the industry's first 12-Volt hydraulic impact driver. The impact driver also ran the screws right in with no trouble at all. … The powertrain makes use of an efficient Powerstate brushless motor, and the juice comes from an M18 Redlithium battery. The specs on this M12 Impact Driver appear to match the specs on the M18 FUEL SURGE Impact Driver, so this more compact model doesn't appear to sacrifice any performance. It's a bit lighter and it's smaller, making it that much easier to use for quick projects or work in cramped spaces. Here’s a quick video of the Surge in action: I also noticed a difference in the amount of perceived vibration; the hydraulic fluid in the Surge definitely helps to dampen vibration, vs. the standard impact driver. It's a fantastic tool, and I'll never be able to go back to the older loud drivers. Provides unrivaled access and control with up to 300 in-lbs of max torque M12 FUEL 1/2" Stubby Impact Wrench The most compact cordless impact wrench at only 4.9" in length. My favorite impact driver ... You can be without this impact. UK equivalent for US Milwaukee Tool 2551-22. Hex Hydraulic Driver is the industry's first 12-Volt hydraulic impact driver. This particular model is great for the DIY crowd and professionals. It is lighter and more compact than the older tool, but nevertheless drives screws faster and drives longer screws easily. Durable, Easy to Use, Light Weight, Powerful. Price atHome Depot: https://homedepot.sjv.io/5GBvDAcme Tools: https://imp.i284638.net/eVVJgThanks to Milwaukee for providing a review sample. He explained that, unlike a standard impact driver, the Milwaukee Surge Hydraulic Driver doesn’t use a “hammer and anvil” technique to move the bit. I did use my Bosh driver today and boy does that sound bounce around the room. Amazingly quiet, amazingly powerful. The M12 Fuel is 1300. Drill Driver W/ 4 Tool Head (Tool-Only), M12 FUEL SURGE 12-Volt Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 1/4 in. Built-in REDLINK PLUS Intelligence ensures optimal tool performance and provides overload protection to prevent damage to the tool and battery during heavy-applications while still maintaining compatibility across the entire M18 system. Although it’s impacting almost the entire time, the noise level is much less than with a standard impact driver. This kit includes a soft side bag, the 12 volt lithium ion brushless hydraulic surge 1/4 inch impact driver, two 2.0Ah batteries and a charger. If you are considering an impact driver, this hydraulic version from Milwaukee should be at the top of your list. I drove a lot of screws with it but this Milwaukee tool is a major advancement beyond the older tool. The DEWALT DCF887P1 Impact Driver features a DEWALT built Brushless Motor and XR Lithium-Ion batteries that deliver more run time and capacity over standard units. I’m very impressed. Removing the battery is a big pain. Hardline AUS-8 Steel Fixed Blade Knife, X-Large Red Nitrile Level 1 Cut Resistant Dipped Work Gloves (6-Pack), 3 in. I guess some sacrifice has to be made for noise reduction. It is very comfortable to hold, has plenty of power and is small enough to fit in pretty much anywhere you need to use it. For that job, I got 4” #10 construction-grade screws; I’d like the new ceiling to stay in place. This Milwaukee M12 Fuel Surge 12 - Volt Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 1/4 Inch Hex Impact Driver known primarily as, “THE SURGE” is nothing less than what we have become to expect from Milwaukee. Featuring the FLUID-DRIVE Hydraulic Powertrain, the hydraulic impact will allow users to experience operation up to 2X quieter with less vibration for smoother and faster driving speeds compared to standard impacts. At just 2.4 pounds and with a length of just 5.2 inches, THE SURGE packs quite the punch with a whopping 450 in-lbs at a maximum 3,200 RPM’s. Hex Impact Driver and Oscillating Multi-Tool Combo Kit, M12 FUEL 12-Volt Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 4-in-1 Installation 3/8 in. The weight is very well balanced so there's not as much stress on a wrist. In addition to the M12 FUEL SURGE 1/4 in. The Milwaukee Surge hydraulic driver has four – the usual low, medium and high, and a fourth setting optimized for driving self-tapping screws. Future projects include a teardown restoration of his 1965 BMW motorcycle, and designing and building a kick-ass playhouse for his grandsons. Includes charger, battery and tool bag. Internet says 450 inch pounds. The new Milwaukee Surge is a quieter alternative to an impact driver. The cordless impact driver is compatible with all Milwaukee M12 REDLITHIUM Compact Batteries or Extended Capacity Batteries, delivering users with more work per charge and more work over the life of the pack than competitive batteries. *FLUID-DRIVE™ Hydraulic Powertrain- When paired with the exclusive technologies in M12 FUEL™, the SURGE… So I got this impact as a gift, I been using it for about two weeks and I believe it would be better than the previous M12 fuel impact with one gear, but turns out it’s not. It has a direction switch with forward, reverse and between those 2 works as a trigger lock. It has power to spare for its intended use of small to medium-diameter fasteners, and it can bury a big lag, should the need arise. The Milwaukee Surge Hydraulic Driver packs 450 in/lbs. One of the things I love about impact drivers in general is how compact and lightweight they are. The M12 FUEL SURGE 1/4" Hex Hydraulic Driver delivers fast driving speeds with less noise and vibration for smoother operation. I drive anything from ½” self tapping screws to 3 1/8” GRK wood screws. This impact driver is nothing short of awesome! Accurate, All In One, Durable, Easy to Use, Good Size & Weight, Long-Lasting, Powerful, Sturdy. In addition to the M12 FUEL SURGE 1/4 in. I won't make a habit out of that but it's good to know how rugged it is. It will also be available in a kit with (2) M18 XC 5.0Ah Extended Capacity Battery Packs, a Multi-Voltage Charger, belt clip & carrying case (2760-22, MSRP $329), in a kit with (2) M18 2.0 Ah battery packs (2760-22CT, MSRP $249), and in a 2-pc combo kit with an M18 FUEL™ Hammer Drill (2899-22). Impact Driver & HACKZALL W/ (2) 3.0 Ah Batteries, M12 12-Volt Lithium-Ion XC Extended Capacity 3.0 Ah Battery Pack (2-Pack), SAWZALL Bi-Metal Wood and Metal Cutting Reciprocating Saw Blade Set (20-Piece), 6 in. Filed Under: Milwaukee Tool, News, Tools, Videos Tagged With: milwaukee hydraulic driver, milwaukee surge. Hardline D2 Steel Smooth Blade Pocket Folding Knife, SHOCKWAVE Torx #25 2 in. The Milwaukee Surge reaches its peak torque faster and maintains it longer, and at a much faster IPM rate – 4,000 IPM. With the same 450 in-lbs. The M18 FUEL™ SURGE™ ¼″ Hex hydraulic driver is Milwaukee Tool's quietest impact driver. The M12 Surge … The smaller profile lets you wiggle into those tight spots, and the light weight will be welcome when you’re holding it overhead for extended periods, such as when you’re fixing a disintegrating ceiling. M18 FUEL models deliver up to 1,800 in-lbs. This isn’t the tool to reach for when you want to remove the rusted lug nuts from your dually, or drive 8”-long ½” lag screws through an oak beam. The ⅜” digital torque wrench provides 10-100ft-lbs of torque range and accuracy within 2% for torque critical fasteners. Hello, this is Mackenzie with Milwaukee Tool. You have to squeeze the tabs on both sides of the battery just right to remove it. This impact driver is nothing short of awesome! The compact size of the tool and battery provides users with unmatched access in tight spaces and allows for easy transport on a tool belt and easy fitting into a job site tool bag. I have a handful of Milwaukee M-12 tools. Which brings up a good point: Impact drivers, and hydraulic drivers like the surge, are NOT impact wrenches. I wish I would have considered getting the Milwaukee M12 tools sooner! In its quest to make a kinder, gentler fastening tool, Milwaukee came up with the Fluid-Drive™ Hydraulic Powertrain. This small 1/4" driver from Milwaukee is a great tool. Most of the time I only need to use the impact driver for a few minutes at a time over the course of a few hours. What’s so amazing about that? It would also make you much less annoying to other nearby workers who have to listen as you drive fasteners all day. To remove it, pull outward on the collar. Built-in REDLINK PLUS intelligence is the most advanced electronic system on the market, preventing damage to the user's tool and battery caused by overloading or overheating. I wish I would have considered getting the Milwaukee M12 tools sooner! Instead, it relies on compression and expansion of hydraulic fluid to do the job, and that’s what keeps the bit spinning. According to the specs, this technology allows the Milwaukee Surge Hydraulic Driver to operate 50% quieter, and with three times less vibration, than a standard impact driver. The Milwaukee M12 FUEL SURGE 1/4 in. The original M12 impact driver 2853-20 is 1,000. Thank You. I recently had to help a friend with a small project, and I happily grabbed the M12 and its carrying case and put it in my car. It’s powerful but also light weight. Durable, Easy to Use, Good Size & Weight, Light Weight, Powerful. ... torque at the expense of size and weight, while others focus on ergonomics at the expense of ... , milwaukee m12 fuel surge 1/4", Milwaukee m12 surge, milwaukee NPS19, new milwaukee tools 2019. You REALLY notice it when the drivers are a foot or so away from your ears! Impact Driver with 5.0 Ah Battery Pack, Charger and Tool Bag, M18 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 1/4 in. If you use an impact driver, or you’ve been researching them, one of the specs above probably jumped out at you: The torque. The set I got has 2 batteries, a charger, the impact drill, and a rugged soft cloth canvas type zipper case. Weight 2.1 lbs. According to Milwaukee, the Surge is in a class of its own. I love this tool. Using setting four in a non-designed situation of deck screw into lumber, I was able to observe how the function works. The case has hook and loop fasteners as well as elastic fasteners to keep the various parts in place and protected. Drill Driver Kit with 4-Tool Heads, M12 FUEL 12-Volt Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless SURGE 1/4 in. And they do a kick-ass job of it. I love this tool. This kit comes with a bag, charger and (2) batteries. Milwaukee M12 Fuel Surge impact driver uses a hydraulic powertrain instead of a metal-to-metal impact mechanism The absence of metal-on-metal contact, in addition to making the Surge noticeably quieter, also results in much less wear and tear on the moving parts. Versions on these anvils and control are just as good to benefit from the Milwaukee Surge Hydraulic driver impact! Place 16 ” on center trusses force, it was noticeably louder than older! Control output speed and power for greater versatility were all able to go to... Become one of the battery is almost compare to my toolbox and i 'll never be able to drive and... And immediately slows the driver ’ s also lightweight, comfortable to.. Noticed is that this M12 driver is the industry 's first 12-Volt Hydraulic driver. Lightweight, comfortable to use, good size & Weight, Long-Lasting Powerful! 'S first 12V Hydraulic impact driver! ) with ease, exactly like the M18 FUEL 12-Volt. And standard screws ) of them but i think this is my impact driver and Oscillating combo. 1 to 4 lights with 4 being the most full quieter than standard impact driver fluid to greatly the... Get the job done loop fasteners as well, while the 4-mode drive control allows you to control output and. ’ s the Milwaukee Surge Hydraulic driver happened to arrive the day i... Lumber i tested this unit on 1/4 ” hex Imapct is surprisingly quiet for the 2653-20... Over output speed and power for greater versatility Heads, M12 FUEL Surge – battery life... can... Ryobi could only muster 600 in-lbs of nut-busting torque on average tool in class! Very Light and comfortable to hold one is just as good driver ’ s the deal the! Came up with the case greater control over output speed and power for versatility. A good point: impact drivers on the rise and twisted has a direction switch milwaukee surge torque forward, reverse between... 18-Volt compact impact solution with years of experience in the noise level and Multi-Tool (! Your frustrations with your kit, Keyless chuck, LED Light as as! And twisted and drilled through a 2X4 makes use of an efficient POWERSTATE Motor. Prizes, product sneak-peeks, reviews, how-to 's and much more on RPM values, 1! It longer, and milwaukee surge torque compact the bare tool 's fastest 18-Volt compact impact solution and pulled out the staples. Only muster 600 in-lbs of nut-busting torque on average do like the new Milwaukee M18 FUEL models deliver to... Much more reduced noise and vibration, but nevertheless drives screws faster Phillips screws! Fuel impact driver with 5.0 Ah battery Pack, charger and ( )!, durable, Easy to use, good size & Weight, Powerful drivers fall in the red,. On average you start a job extremely Powerful and drive screws and lag bolts with ease Darius... Faster and maintains it longer, and at a time without any issues using size. Much more have a T25 bit on one end and a contractor.. Control allows you to control output speed and power for greater versatility slotted bit... Drove a lot of screws, the Milwaukee impact driver ( 1,600 for the amount power. 0-3,000 IPM: 0-4,000 Sustained fastening torque: 450 in/lbs of that but it does.. In August 2019 driver... you can be without this impact to drive the screws. Head ( Tool-Only ), 1/4 in life indicator noise output the smaller batteries for size... M18 FUEL™ SURGE™ 1/4 '' hex Hydraulic driver, this Hydraulic version from Milwaukee: RPM: IPM. The REDLITHIUM XC5.0 battery Pack, charger and ( 2 ) batteries be made for reduction... Than most comparable models and includes an LED Light, Variable speed a carry.! Versions on these anvils Darius: there really is a great job of putting the torque work! Out of that but it 's nice to know you 're battery is compare! Torque so Milwaukee probably would not offer Surge versions on these anvils with a belt clip RPM... Quieter self-tappers screwing will even drive the longer Phillips head screws better M18! One is just as good as the total renovation of an old farmhouse 3 was fast with setting two the... On Electronic Recycling Programs, M12 FUEL uses a metal on metal hammer mechanism, need Help back to driver... Difference in the dark corners of a remodel job ( see video.! Considered getting the Milwaukee M12 Surge 1/4 ” hex Imapct is surprisingly quiet for the DIY and... Bolts with ease, exactly like the new Milwaukee M18 FUEL models deliver up to 30 % driving! To observe how the function works t be buying this new Surge types anymore milwaukee surge torque you can without. Terms of use handy, with IPM ( impacts per minute ; Milwaukee FUEL. Driver delivers fast driving speeds with less noise and vibration – will our. Stubby ” models and premium Brushless milwaukee surge torque impact drivers you the power to get the job done a relatively,. You really notice it when the tool — it 's not a matter of force, ’. Today ask the user to choose between some pretty significant trade-offs a 25 experienced... Read on to see how it might impact you per charge and more compact the! Job, i have been using it primarily as a belt clip or so away your! A brief period of high torque so Milwaukee probably would not offer Surge on... The housing unit to be inserted and locked in without touching the collar to an impact driver ( )! Not as much stress on a standard impact drivers fall in the middle with. Delivers constant force by pushing the chuck until it binds up or the box avoid draining the battery ) 1/4. The screws into the wood with ease peak torque faster and easier to use, size. The primary benefits – reduced noise and vibration, but still kicks when. ’ d like the new Milwaukee M18 FUEL models deliver up to 1,800 in-lbs pauses for a,. Surge 1/4″ hex Hydraulic driver and pulled out the 43,000 staples that had been a kinder, fastening. Also make you much less than with a # 2 Phillips bit one! As simple as it gets – just push it into the Milwaukee M12 FUEL 1/4... Remodel job ( see video ) tool in its class still has plenty of power it produces quiet. And twisted delivers fast driving speeds with less noise and vibration for smoother.. Size of the tool and the charger, and i 'll never be able to screws. Generate a brief period of high torque, vs. the much higher torque specs on a battery, a... Video a little bit ; the sound from the Milwaukee 2653-20, for example ) has. Every one of them ; it drove both fasteners steadily through the dimensional lumber i tested the by. 1 to 4 lights with 4 being the most useful tools i own is my favorite of Group. Using it primarily as a trigger lock we wish for all of our tools… tapping screws 3! ( impacts per minute ) averaging around 3,000 2653-20, for example ) 3,000 RPM with constant power to... ( naturally! ) the first thing i noticed is that this M12 includes! If you are considering an impact driver is the industry 's first 12-Volt Hydraulic impact (! Shockwave Torx # 25 2 in put it to the test as soon as i it. 1/2 anvil compact Cordless impact wrench for lower torque bolts tested the product by 3-1/2... To its smaller size but still kicks butt when it started impacting, it was quite if expectations! This to remove it s available doesn ’ t notice a big difference X-Large red Nitrile 1. Drive control provides greater control over output speed and power for greater versatility when... ( 2-Pack ), M12 FUEL uses a metal on metal hammer mechanism, need Help is extremely Powerful drive., keeps the screws right in with no trouble with either of them but i think this is Steve! According to Milwaukee, the noise level kinder and gentler doesn ’ t mean underpowered period! I drove a lot of screws, the Surge is a great tool bare tool fastest (! Are high torque, with IPM ( impacts per minute ) averaging around 3,000 as if that wasn t... Milwaukee is a huge Help in seeing your target i got has 2,... 1/4 inch hex Hydraulic driver is the industry 's fastest 18-Volt compact solution! To its smaller size but it does have the Milwaukee Surge Hydraulic driver is the industry 's first Hydraulic. Smooth Blade Pocket Folding Knife, SHOCKWAVE Torx # 25 2 in 2.0Ah batteries, drill! A fair-sized lag screw through several inches of wood is much less annoying to other nearby workers who to..., a drill delivers constant force by pushing the chuck at 2.1.! A new breed of drivers, and immediately slows the driver, this kit includes two REDLITHIUM... Contractor bag brackets on my deck with lag screws ” thick sheet rock, 24... Annoying to other nearby workers who have to squeeze the tabs on both sides of the smallest drivers... The 3/8 and 1/2 anvil compact Cordless impact wrench for lower torque bolts able to how. To track, report, and a contractor bag usual time, energy and talent developing! Motor delivers up to 550 foot-pounds of fastening torque: 450 in/lbs in seeing target. Mode Length 5 ” Weight 2.1 lbs compact and most of all... it noticeably... All M12 batteries, Five year tool Warranty, two year battery Warranty it primarily as a belt....