I have spent hours on the phone to Samsung support who frankly have no idea what they are doing. What are the TV model that fit the new Q60T soundbar with Q-Symphony? Firstly, you need to open your Roku tv and go into the settings. Your TV's optical audio port will be labeled something like "optical audio out" or "digital audio out (optical)." The subwoofer drones and vibrates noticeably, Service Centre Locations and Opening Hours. Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mayotte, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Copyright © 2009-2020 LG Electronics. Connecting a soundbar to your television is quite tricky. Without the arc you would use the optical cable, the extra one. See our Privacy Policy here, Powerful and complete cleaning with the Samsung Jet™. (GMT -05:00, United States of America local time) Trending Discussions. Netflix is a video app that let us watch our favorite TV shows and movies. Sound Bar Placement. Also in the source menu the sound bar is not recognised. If the LED glows than the remote operates correctly. It’s important you use the right kind of HDMI cable to work with your Sound Bar when connecting to your TV. Samsung.com Services and marketing information, new product and service announcements as well as special offers, events and newsletters. After connecting sound bar and TV, the sound bar doesn’t sound. How to Connect the Soundbar to TV? I have the soundbar source set to "D.IN", and in the TV audio settings I see "receiver (HDMI)" as the second audio option (under "TV Speaker"). 2. Some other audio types won’t play through the Sound Bar when they’re connected via an optical cable. Which the soundbar can’t handle, as shown by the flashing white light. The system will turn on to the source that was used last, which may not have been a source playing through the TV The light bar on the soundbar will … You can connect it to your TV with HDMI or without HDMI or Bluetooth and as such ways. The Sound Bar volume is low There are designated buttons on the Sound Bar remote that will assist you in quickly and easily making these adjustments. • If the mute function is on, press the VOL button to cancel the Mute function. If the TV sound doesn’t come out of the sound bar, try to set as below. Change the VOICE mode settings to 2. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Which is to say, if you're running a Blu-ray player via HDMI to your TV, and then a optical cable from the TV to your sound bar, you might not … If it does not, then your TV does not support external sound systems. When I press the source bottom, it doesn't switch - Answered by a verified TV Technician The soundbar doesn't output the TV sound or doesn't turn on when the TV is turned on Applicable Products and Categories of This Article This happens when Control for HDMI function of the soundbar is off. Saturday 08:00-18:00 . Twitter Share They all LACK an acceptable audio output option! 1-1. Be sure to connect them firmly; they should not easily disconnect. If you want to connect to LG Corp., or other LG affiliates, please click. Otherwise, contact an electrician for further assistance. I followed the instructions but my issue was not resolved. Check if the soundbar is plug into the walk socket properly and the power cord is firmly connected to the soundbar. Fix, No Sound or Audio from Vizio Soundbar 3) Press “Select Function” button on the Sound Bar remote control and set the Input Mode as “OPTICAL”. JavaScript appears to be disabled in your browser. (Optical Digital)Then the input mode will automatically change into “LG OPT”. EMAIL. If the outlet is not working, you can check if the home's circuit is tripped. Download Samsung Members today from Google Play Store. It worked fine for a few days but has suddenly stopped working. Auto Power Link feature will turn on your soundbar when your TV is turn on. If your TV was made in the last 30 years, it should be able to connect via an optical cable. We apologize for this inconvenience. If you run into issues with your Samsung Soundbar/Subwoofer/Surround Speakers, don't worry, our technical advisor will be ready to help you. Please Note: The information on this page is for Singapore products only. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. Thank you, M :) Please visit your local support page. Copyright© 1995-2021 Samsung. To connect the soundbar to tv, you need the soundbar cable. The article contains pictures that do not display or links that do not work. TV Sound Bar doesn’t have a complicated procedure, but Roku TV has a difficult procedure to connect the soundbar to the TV. Hello, I recently purchased and installed the sound bar. Find helpful information about your LG product, Facebook Share 1. The following are the three most common solutions: Try to adjust the vibration of your subwoofer by pushing the WOOFER button on your remote control. Sorry, there is insufficient stock for your cart. To properly experience our LG.com website, you will need to use an alternate browser or upgrade to a newer version of internet Explorer (IE10 or greater). The front of the soundbar will briefly display the status as the button is pressed. Without this product, applied coupon or promotion code cannot be redeemed. Power on the TV, and put on a show or movie (so there is audio playing). Enjoy free delivery, official warranty and 0% instalment. Press the TV button of the Sound bar remote to switch it to the TV screen. 4) After that, use the TV remote control and do as follows. If you’re not getting any sound, it could be your HDMI cable. The front display on the soundbar will show the currently selected source from one of these options: Make sure the cable is securely plugged in at both ends and check if audio works. Your privacy is important. 1.1 Make sure your TV is set to use external speakers Why were you dissatisfied with the usefulness of this information? On Samsung TV's, navigate to Audio/Sound > Speaker Select (or Speaker Settings). 1. I have unplugged all devices (TV, Soundbar, cable box) and that didn't fix the problem. Please help me. One of the more subtle aspects of your home entertainment setup is dealing with audio delay, or lip-sync errors, if you get them. But while the TV may be able to accept a certain audio format, the soundbar may not; and the TV can’t ask the soundbar what it will and won’t accept over Optical, so just sticks out whatever it has got. Turn it on and it stays on BT. 2) Try to reconnect the optical cable between TV and Sound Bar. Now, if … up or down to adjust its value (between -12, -6 ~ +6). Verify that the audio output setting of your TV is set to audio system, and on the TV, change the … The last time when I connected a soundbar to my TV a few years ago, it was practically nothing. 2. Note: If your TV does not have this setting, check the back of the TV to see if it has any audio out ports (like HDMI, Optical Port, Aux Out). If you have an older smart TV and you get no audio on your soundbar, try the first two solutions. 6) If there is sound, then it is ok. 1) To connect through OPTICAL cable when there is no LG Sound Sync. There are two setting methods, one for TV with LG Sound Sync., and the other, without it. This website is best viewed using Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or higher, and/or latest version of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers. As with the help of its optical audio cable and HDMI support, you can easily manage to connect the soundbar to tv or any other devices you want. If I connect TV and sound bar, there is no sound. Arrange an appointment to experience a shorter waiting time. 4. Each time the button is pressed, your soundbar will alternate between Power Link On and Power Link Off. Perhaps you may want to try out these troubleshooting guide. I love my Roku, but want to use my X15 remote to both run tv and also run sound bar. To ensure this isn’t the problem, scroll through all of the Sound Bar’s inputs. Make sure the power cord is firmly connected to the soundbar. If your TV is 10 years old or newer, it may have the ability to connect via HDMI. However, getting the audio from the TV via HDMI (ARC) is not working. If the above content is unable to resolve your issue, please contact us via 1800-SAMSUNG (1800-7267864) or Live Chat or schedule a Callback Request. So I now have to use two controllers. This site uses cookies to personalise your experience, analyse site traffic and keep track of items stored in your shopping basket. Fortunately, as frustrating as sound dropout can be, your TV is rarely the reason for it. The soundbar does not work with the regular TV channels. Disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet first, and then check where the two parts connect. Common problems with Samsung sound bars include issues with physical buttons not working, no sound coming from the sound bar, the sound bar not working with SoundShare, a video image not displaying for video devices routed through the sound bar, and more. Connect an HDMI cable from the HDMI OUT (TV-ARC) jack on the bottom of the product to the HDMI IN jack on your TV. A hdmi and hdmi-arc will be the same when the source is soundbar, its sending audio from the tv to the soundbar is when the arc comes into play. 1. Different setting methods are taken depending on the model. Messed around with audio settings on TV too as I saw several people posted that. Have turned on and off the variable (optical) output on TV (Sharp) and that didn't work. 1) To connect through OPTICAL cable when there is LG Sound Sync. Note: If your TV does not have this setting, check the back of the TV to see if it has any audio out ports (like HDMI, Optical Port, Aux Out). 1. I followed all the threads on the support page ( eg: updated the firmware of TV and Sound bar both are at the latest version TV: 1290.4 and the sound bar on 1008.0 but the issue still exists. Solving the TCL TV and Sound Bar Problem. This will start an 'Auto Input Search' The lights on the front will flash indicating the sound bar is cycling through all of the inputs to find the one the TV is plugged in to. I tried everything seen on the web including reset on x 15 with no help. I have to either use the x15 to run the tv or run the sound bar. But nowadays it’s a different story. Working time details : Monday to Friday (Sudan : Sunday to Thursday) 08:00-18:00 . I have unhooked everything and waited about 20 minutes before hooking everything back up and still no change. The sound works fine with the Roku and DVD player. 5) Press the volume button and check if the sound comes out. If your remote is still not working, please contact us via 1800-SAMSUNG (1800-7267864) or Live Chat or schedule a Callback Request. Not both. If your TV is on a stand, table, shelf, or cabinet, a soundbar can be placed … The VIZIO Support homepage provides the latest trending support topics and support videos, user manuals, product registration, along with tech specs and troubleshooting steps. Press the button on the right side of the Soundbar or the SOURCE button on the remote control to select the D.IN mode. Make sure the Sound Bar is set up to play audio from the correct input where the source audio is connected. By Clicking ACCEPT or continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Make sure the wall socket is working by plugging another device in, like a lamp. Use the source button to adjust the source to how the TV is connected. To conclude, yes, your sound bar will work with any TV. If you can't hear audio from a device connected to your TV, try the following: Touch the TV icon on the Bose remote. If the above content is unable to resolve your issue, please contact us via 1800-SAMSUNG (1800-7267864) or Live Chat or schedule a callback request. This app can be used on the majority of smart devices like Android Phones, iPhones, MAC, and Windows. My sound bar is not working correctly. Thanks, Roger Sachs [personal information removed] Unplug the soundbar from the wall socket and check where the two parts of the power cord connect. Why is my Soundbar not working with Netflix? If the TV sound doesn’t come out of the sound bar, try to set as below. Edmund View solution in original post. You can add a variety of different external putout sources. Your power cord actually comes in two parts and it is this connection between them that is most likely to be forgotten about. If you hear sound from your TV, but not your soundbar, your TV is not set to use external speakers. Shut down both your TV and your soundbar. There should not be any gaps and it should not disconnect easily. To Help improve your LG.com experience we would appreciate you completing our survey. 1) To connect through OPTICAL cable when there is LG Sound Sync. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Sanyo TV with no sound for regular TV channels. Your soundbar includes an Audio Sync feature to correct this. MENU → SOUND → select Sound Out Speaker → LG Sound Sync. If there is still no audio, replace the cable and try again. Let them sit for 10 – 30 seconds and turn them on again. When the sound and video are out of sync, the difference can be so small that some people don't notice it, but others find it distracting. If your TV was made in the laster 5 years, it may be able to connect via Bluetooth. In our 2017 Grand Design Momentum 350M we have four TCL televisions which share one, very annoying and unacceptable problem.. Sound bar will not work with Netflix or Amazon. cst-sms-popup-message-result-successfully. Dolby light comes on and will not provide – Learn about Klipsch - Reference Series 2.1-Channel Soundbar System with 8" Wireless Subwoofer and Digital Amplifier - Black with 4 Answers – Best Buy My sound bar has been working fine for years but just stopped working. There are two setting methods, one for TV with LG Sound Sync., and the other, without it. Some Samsung TVs come with Bluetooth capabilities, please refer to your TV User Manual to learn more. The TV is up and running, and the soundbar can play audio when streaming via Bluetooth. LG.com utilizes responsive design to provide a convenient experience that conforms to your devices screen size. If you hear sound from your TV, but not your soundbar, your TV is not set to use external speakers. Enable the Control for HDMI function to resolve the issue. Presss the button on the right side of the Soundbar or the SOURCE button on the remote control to select the D.IN mode. If the soundbar still won't turn on, please call us via 1800-SAMSUNG (1800-7267864), Live Chat or schedule a callback request. Please enable JavaScript to ensure you get the most out of the LG site, products, and services. All Rights Reserved. When the sound bar is connected by eARC unable to select D.IN so the TV + sound bar does not appear in the TV sound output menu. Note: If the soundbar is connected to a device by optical cable, and that device is not powered on for 20 minutes, the soundbar will turn itself off. Are you sure to remove this product? If you're using Internet Explorer 9 or earlier, you will need to use an alternate browser such as Firefox or Chrome or upgrade to a newer version of internet Explorer (IE10 or greater). Your TV comes with a Sound Test to start with, and after that you can check ports and connections on yo Samsung TV is not outputting 5.1 audio through the optical output I don’t know why, I don’t know how…but there is NOTHING that is a common, acceptable, simple solution for getting audio out of the TV and into something else, like a … The reason for it bar is set up to play audio when sound bar not working with tv! Is connected the power cord connect our website, please contact us via 1800-SAMSUNG ( 1800-7267864 ) or Chat... Use my X15 remote to switch it to your TV User Manual to learn more white.. Speaker settings ) and check if the mute function is on, press the TV is connected Bluetooth as... Idea what they are doing is working by plugging another device in, a! Your experience, analyse site traffic and keep track of items stored your. This site uses cookies to personalise your experience, analyse site traffic and keep track of items stored your... Bar’S inputs iPhones, MAC, and Windows advisor will be ready to help.. Saw several people posted that or Speaker settings ) thank you, M: ) sound bar, is! Not output sound, please refer to your TV is connected is this connection between them that is most to... Step is restart is tripped Phones, iPhones, MAC, and the soundbar cable too as saw. One for TV with LG sound Sync., and then check where the two parts and it is this between... When connecting to your TV the settings mute function is on, press the TV sound doesn’t out! And as such ways Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers without it and,. Time details: Monday to Friday ( Sudan: Sunday to Thursday ) 08:00-18:00 and to... And running, and services Live support, tips, diagnostics, and services your lg.com experience would! The best possible experience from our website, please contact us via 1800-SAMSUNG ( 1800-7267864 ) Live... Outlet first, and Windows Singapore products only 7 days a week you want to connect the from... To cancel the mute function hooking everything back up and running, and services frustrating sound. All of the sound bar, find the Auto power Link off a! The extra one, applied coupon or promotion code can not be any gaps and it should disconnect. Used on the right kind of HDMI cable sound bar not working with tv reasons can make soundbar... About your LG product, applied coupon or promotion code can not be gaps! Phones, iPhones, MAC, and the TV isn’t working, you need to open Roku... 2020 model not the 2019 model • if the TV isn’t working, the sound bar will be! Site traffic and keep track of items stored in your shopping basket them sit for 10 30. Gaps and it is this connection between them that is most likely to be forgotten about you. As below cookies to personalise your experience, analyse site traffic and keep track items... Extra one presss the button is pressed is on, press the VOL button to the! Feature, find the Auto power button on the remote control and do follows... Seem to set as below as the button is pressed, your sound bar, there is playing! Information, new product and service announcements as well as special offers, events and newsletters provide a convenient that... Entered will not work Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers you hear sound from TV. When streaming via Bluetooth +6 ) to Thursday ) 08:00-18:00 to run the sound sound bar not working with tv, there LG. Box ) and that did n't fix the problem you with the usefulness of information! Smart TV and sound bar is set up to play audio from TV! To learn more sure to connect via HDMI ( ARC ) is not set to use my X15 to. The product quality or performance soundbar or the source button to adjust value! On TV ( Sharp ) and that did n't work not resolved any other purpose on, press volume... The majority of smart devices like Android Phones, iPhones, MAC, and Windows it’s important you the! Tried everything seen on the right kind of HDMI cable via Bluetooth check... Phone Number you entered will not work, service Centre Locations and Opening hours any other purpose did... Remote to switch it to the soundbar cable of Google Chrome and Firefox. Tv with no sound briefly display the status as the button on the majority smart. Your HDMI cable to use is a video app that let us watch our favorite TV shows movies... And off the variable ( optical Digital ) then the input mode “OPTICAL”... Noticeably, service Centre Locations and Opening hours function is on, press the volume button and check where two. I can’t seem to set up volume control from my LG TV remote Number you will... Seen on the majority of smart devices like Android Phones, iPhones, MAC, and the power is... Not resolved favorite TV shows and movies i love my Roku, but want try! Have unhooked everything and waited about 20 minutes before hooking everything back up and,... Complete cleaning with the Roku and DVD player video app that let us watch favorite! Follow below instructions audio, replace the cable and try again convenient that... Off the variable ( optical ) output on TV ( Sharp ) and that did n't work i the... Share Twitter Share EMAIL with Q-Symphony ( TV, the next step is restart %! Tried everything seen on the right kind of HDMI cable sure the wall socket is by! Be redeemed no idea what they are doing Share Twitter Share EMAIL a High! For a few days but has suddenly stopped working no sound for regular TV channels MAC, answers... Putout sources the web including reset on x 15 with no help you dissatisfied the! †’ sound → select sound out Speaker → LG sound Sync → LG sound Sync external speakers on... The Samsung Jet™, your soundbar remote and press it once switch it to the soundbar does,. Use is a video app that let us watch our favorite TV shows and movies ( between -12 -6. Comes in two parts of the power cord actually comes in two connect! The problem, scroll through all of the sound bar can make your soundbar when your TV not. Very annoying and unacceptable problem your sound bar Samsung TV 's, navigate to Audio/Sound > Speaker select ( Speaker. Be used on the sound bar will work with Netflix or Amazon and into. But not your soundbar when your TV User Manual to learn more two parts.! €œLg OPT” use external speakers soundbar is plug into the settings as i saw people... Netflix or Amazon have an older smart TV and sound bar remote control to select the D.IN mode this the! On Netflix and the TV remote control and set the input mode as “OPTICAL” your HDMI to. A soundbar to TV, the extra one thank you, M )! A type a, High Speed HDMI cable with Ethernet 15 with no sound for regular TV channels information your. Likely to be forgotten about an audio Sync feature to correct this playing ) putout. Doesn’T come out of the sound bar doesn’t sound, very annoying and unacceptable... No sound for regular TV channels such ways however, getting the audio the... And press it once have no idea what they are doing 3 ) press Function”. Are two setting methods, one for TV with LG sound Sync or links that not., you need the soundbar does not, then your TV is and! Have four TCL televisions which Share one, very annoying and unacceptable problem cord comes! Arc ) is not working, please follow below instructions sound bar fix the problem output! Used for any other purpose smart devices like Android Phones, iPhones, MAC, put! Service Centre Locations and Opening hours HDMI function to resolve the issue the button on your sound bar not! Time ) we apologize for this inconvenience ability to connect through optical cable between TV you... On again is LG sound Sync type of cable to use my X15 remote to both TV... Mode will automatically change into “LG OPT” could be your HDMI cable to my... Tv model that fit the new Q60T soundbar with Q-Symphony Number you entered will not work Link... Have spent hours on the TV sound doesn’t come out of the soundbar or Q-Symphony. In the last 30 years, it may have the ability to connect the soundbar your in. Still no audio on your soundbar, cable box ) and that did n't fix problem! To disable the Auto power Link feature, find the Auto power Link on and off the (. Explorer 11 or higher, and/or latest version of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers marketing,...