It may have a thick, single trunk or be multitrunked resulting from a thickened, inflated, trunk-like lower base similar to an elephant's foot. It's not as if it spreads itself around. The extract contains no artificial additives and is approved by vets for use on cats. On Feb 19, 2009, JamesPark from Auckland,New Zealand (Zone 9a) wrote: A very attractive plant with large white flowers and stunning foliage. The bottom ball of one is at least 4' wide and I can't find the bottom of the root so I cut them off at the ground and I am trying to kill the roots with a brush killer and stump killer before I dig them up. On Jun 25, 2005, jessmerritt from (Zone 7b) wrote: This is actually a wildly popular houseplant where I live. The yucca extract for cats contains antitumor, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and immune-boosting properties. rabbitgoo Cat Tree Cat Tower 61-inch Multi-Level Kitten... Gastrointestinal symptoms, such as an upset stomach, vomiting, diarrhea, gassiness, and abdominal pains; Neurological symptoms, such as body tremors, seizures, incoordination, and weakness; A MUST-HAVE PRODUCT FOR A CAT PARENT - We all know someone who is the ultimate cat-lover! 1). link to My Cat Ate Chicken Bone…..How Do I Go About It? In the many areas of the UK many plants are put outside after outgrowing their surroundings inside as a houseplant. In the colder inland areas of California these plants are constantly cut back by frosts, and consequently produce many new trunks, gradually forming a huge thicket of trees, all growing from a wide-spreading base, twenty feet across or more - a bizarre wonderful sight. On Dec 29, 2008, BayAreaTropics from Hayward, CA wrote: I would strongly differ on this plant with the negative votes. H e knew it would take a long time. Narrowly lance-shaped, light to mid-green leaves, 60-100cm long, are stiffly leathery, with toothed margins. Because the leaves are spineless—unlike most yucca species—they won’t cause any injury to humans or animals. Yucca also has several edible parts and commonly features in different cuisines around the world. ( rare) But specifically i’ve seen amazing large specimens further south in Brookings/ Harbor, Oregon (zone 9b/10a) There is probably over 100 specimens that i’ve seen personally around town, and a lot that are in the 10-25 ft range. I spent alot of time hacking of rogue shoots off a 5 meter specimen, but these make great plants to propagate, just stick them in a pot, strip off the bottom leaves and they will be happy. Root rot is completely avoidable. On Aug 9, 2020, glasalle from Austin, TX wrote: In Austin, this needs to be in the shade to do well and look good. Mine are great!!! Tabby’s Place survives on donations from compassionate people like you. Seems I got bad advise. Large specimens can be found cheaply in Walmart, Lowe's and Home depot. Although there are at least 40 different varieties of yucca in the wild, only a small percentage of them that are available to gardeners. This plant is said to grow outdoors in the following regions: On Jan 5, 2021, UtahTropics12 from Orem, UT (Zone 7a) wrote: This plant does SURPRISINGLY well in the more mild zones of the Pacific Northwest. Help support a healthy appetite and normal mobility in your cat or dog. Over time, most species of yucca will grow into room-devouring monsters, but this takes long enough that they provide years of durable … Your email address will not be published. The poisonous components of yucca cane are its saponins, harmful chemical steroidal compounds present in an array of plants. Mature indoor plants can easily have stalk base diameter over 3". Petcube Smart Pet Camera with Interactive Laser Toy. Orchid Sprouting New Plant, Classic War Movies, Spyderco Para 3 Lightweight Uk, American Eel Diet, Important Factors For Packed Tower Design, How To Write An Address In A Sentence, Buko Pie Recipes, Spineless Yucca Cats, Chocolate Macaron Filling, Duranta 'variegated Dwarf, " /> One is 15ft tall in my house. The botanical name for the Yucca is Yucca Elephantipes but also goes by another common name, Spineless Yucca. Variable species- most comon form seen are those with lancelote stiff, straight leaves. Neither is it unusual to find a cat owner offering people foods to his feline friend with careless abandon. It is extremely rootbound in a 12-inch pot. A+. Spineless Yucca1 Edward F. Gilman and Dennis G. Watson2 INTRODUCTION A dramatic landscape element, Spineless Yucca is the tallest of the Yuccas, reaching 30 feet in height with a 15-foot spread, its single, thick, rough trunk topped with straplike, four-foot-long leaves (Fig. In the UK this is a plant that will survive in some places and not in others. A tip I would suggest is that as these are sold as houseplants in the UK with double trunks, grow them until they pot bound - this creates great architectural value to the trunk - then plant them in the ground, otherwise they tend to grow thin trunks. When ready put one end in dirt and it will spring to life in a few weeks. adopt at petco SEARCH ADOPTABLE PETS ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center Phone Number: (888) 426-4435 . The flowers are good but not as spectacular as other species as gloriosa and they flower relatively short. Learn More. Although almost all are now hybrids,I would say the original soft tipped plant is lost to the trade. Despite its connotations, this Yucca does not need desert aridity, and actually prefers cool, humid conditions. We’re the only... EASY AND FAST - Receive results in just 4-6 weeks! That killed the top half of the plant, but it came back. Description: Yucca elephantipes produces a thickened stem (or trunk) 1-2m long and 3-5 cm thick.The base of stem is often greatly swollen. Last summer, we took it out of the pot which it had outgrown and just started chopping pieces off. In the flower shops sold very expensive. Yucca root is widely used in naturopathic medicine because of its highly nutritive properties. In rare cases, the roots can also be eaten. I threw it out on the back of my deck and several years latter, its taller than I am 5'7". Tips are sharp,the trees make good bird habitat,fortresses to cat predation! The lady told me that they like it dry and to only give it a cup of water once every couple of weeks. So, is a yucca plant poisonous to cats? While it can normally protect itself through the sharp edges on the leaves and hard protective bark on it's trunk, if persistent pets or children damage the plant enough they'll come across the poisonous elements inside. Any Hints? If your feline friend eats more yucca cane than it should, yucca toxicity could occur. That means your feline friend can survive on a diet of animal protein. ... cat… Sprouts often grow from the base of the trunk forming a multi-trunked tree. We live in Lincoln, NE zone 5B...Let you know how they do. Our 100+ residents thrive on love and world-class veterinary care. With this cocktail of health and dietary benefits, it’s easy to see why yucca features in most kitchen shelves and medicine cabinets all over the world. Therefore, for the well-being of your pets, keep this plant away from both cats & dogs. Whatever it means, yucca cane is dangerous for cats regardless of the part of the plant that your cat consumes. On Jun 7, 2004, rapturre from Tacoma, WA wrote: Excellent species - Indoors and Out. I noticed how the plants over six feet high escaped damage, being above the cold air which tends to be coldest near ground level. If well grown and groomed nicely, it can make a good specimen plant- huge yellow-white flowers in the spring.. but no one bothers to take off the dead leaves and so it just looks messy. On Mar 22, 2013, luvyuccas from AXTON, VA wrote: I would like to ask some questions about yucca elephantipes i have one and want to plant outside in ground im in zone 7 i would like some help from other elephantipes growers. Each report consists of 35+ detailed pages describing nearly every... Natural support for mobility, joint, appetite and digestive issues. PAXTON. She loves iced coffee, playing guitar and cat-cuddling! On Jan 3, 2010, peejay12 from Porthleven, Helston, Cornwall,United Kingdom (Zone 9b) wrote: I live in Cornwall, (zone 9b) England, UK, and have had a positive experience with this plant - - so far. Species of yucca plants are toxic to cats and dogs. I've got one with four main stalks, the tallest being 9 ft. tall, and each stalk has many pups. What more do you want? Stop! The plant can live without water for months. I poured four gallons of water on it, slowly; hardly any came out of the bottom of the pot; and tonight it already looks better! The yucca extract for cats contains antitumor, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and immune-boosting properties. You might even consider yucca for cat allergies, especially skin allergies. Whether it’s mom, dad, a friend... SCREEN FOR COMMON FELINE DISEASES - We utilize the same genetic testing approach used to analyze human DNA. hing is that they are relatively spineless so are good for living areasa and provide good tropical foliage. The compounds have been shown to prevent certain cancers and fight giardia. ... through the ages and return to the earth its long lost spineless cactus. Saponins refer to glycosidic compounds that protect the plants from insects and fungi. To me it's an icon of warm California-along with Washingtonia and Bougainvillea. Mine is growing out instead of up now. The plant sports sword-like, bluish-green leaves, white flowers, as well as a cane-like stem. Our favorite: Dyson Ball Animal 2 – Engineered for homes with pets. Yucca elephantipes Syn. Its leaf margins are smooth and spineless and when it flowers it produces attractive pink/purple flowers. And the portions should not exceed 50 mg per day. And introducing a foreign substance to your kitto’s system could lead to various severe complications, ranging from irritation to the digestive tract, allergic reactions, and choking. Yucca guatemalensis is a large succulent with green, leaves that are long, look like swords, and stick out from the tops of multi-stemmed trunks.. Yucca Species, Blue-Stem Yucca, Giant Yucca, Soft-Tip Yucca, Spineless Yucca, Yucca Cane Yucca gigantea. You Can Nurture Needy Cats. On Nov 25, 2004, poirot2001 from Gold Coast,Australia wrote: Yucca elephantipes orginated from Mexico.In Australia only about 10 years. Will survive wrenching from ground and re-planting without a hiccup. Find Out Here! Maria is the Founder and Senior Editor at AllCatSecrets.com. The most common variety is y. elephantipes, which is also known as a stick or spineless yucca. On Feb 2, 2010, juliep127 from Louisville, KY wrote: I have several of these in my house. What makes yucca toxic to cats is the presence of saponins. Mature plants can produce tall thick trunks in arid landscapes where temperatures are mild. And it can do it while handling temps into the teens. Easy to transplant (if you can still lift). The soluble and insoluble fibers that are present in yucca can help to relieve indigestion in your cat. The Yucca originates from Mexico and Guatemala and in its native environment can grow up to 30 feet tall. I strongly suggest that someone should try to cross this plant with Y recurvifolia, the resulting hybrid could have the tree-like growth of Y elephantipes, and the recurving leaves and some of the hardiness of Y recurvifolia --- and could be grown in colder regions. It eventually grew to over 5 ft. in a pot and developed several offshoots. The supplement can help with chronic conditions like cancer and arthritis, encourages healthy digestion, while also boosting your cat’s appetite. On Jan 28, 2003, CostaRica from Guayabo de Bagaces, Guanacaste,Costa Rica (Zone 10b) wrote: The large single 'flower' is edible, and is highly sought after here in Costa Rica. Growing as a single or multi trunked plant it begins at the base with a large thickened and … I am a bit of an amateur. trunk 4-5' wide,I think how lucky I am to have such a great looking plant that asks nothing of me-It never is watered or fertilised,makes no mess or bothers other garden plants. If you keep a cat, you’ll occasionally have to contend with the thought of your furry, little friend nibbling on yucca leaves or chewing yucca canes. My plant is still going. This list contains plants that have been reported as having systemic effects on animals and/or intense effects on the gastrointestinal tract. What more do you want? Indeed, it’s not uncommon to find yourself wondering, is yucca healthy for cats, or is yucca toxic for cats? Dec 5, 2016 - Explore Rebecca Wilton's board "yucca elephantipes" on Pinterest. Spineless Yucca grows fairly Our hot summer sun is not good for it. With features and tools that dig out dirt, hair and allergens everywhere your pet gets. The following is a list of other plants that contain steroidal saponins, hence also toxic to cats;eval(ez_write_tag([[336,280],'allcatsecrets_com-banner-1','ezslot_8',102,'0','0'])); If you grow the yucca plant or occasionally use yucca products for culinary or medicinal purposes, you’ll always have questions pertaining to the plant’s safety for your cat. I would suggest growing it with extreme drainage, in a sheltered position. The spineless yucca ,like many other yucca species, possess saponins that are poisonous to cats and dogs. I used to like this plant OK, but now I'm on a mission to get rid of it in my garden where I can (good luck!). Our favorite: Petcube Smart Pet Camera with Interactive Laser Toy – monitor 24/7 from your phone with Petcube Play Wi-Fi pet cam, chat with your pet, play with your fur baby with the built-in pet safe laser from your phone, enjoy free cloud video storage. variants are indeed dangerous to cats -- and to both dogs and horses -- according to the ASPCA. Rabies 1 or 3-yr. vaccine required. We are going to plant a couple outdoors and see what happens. Yucca gigantea is usually less than 6 m (20 ft) in height. I’m incredibly excited to help educate the world on how to care for our pets. On Apr 13, 2010, rucky from Huffman, TX (Zone 9a) wrote: Gotta agree with palmbob. Or Is The Herb Considered Toxic? Then there were two and at last count 8 all about 15 foot tall. English Gardens: Metro Detroit’s choice for garden plants, flowers, gardening supplies, patio furniture and garden accessories, fresh-cut flowers and floral arrangements, as … Provide well drained soils and full sunlight for yuccas. FVRCP (Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus & Panleukopenia) (for cats) 1 or 3-yr. vaccine required. On Mar 17, 2007, TheresaHill from Lincoln, NE (Zone 5b) wrote: We bought this plant in 2003 while vacationing in Florida...didn't even know what it was. link to Can Cats Have Salami? However, they burn if planted in the sun immediately, and so must be gently acclimatised. In our climate it's virtually bulletproof and it can sustain cold, heat, sun, shade, drought and general abuse without the slightest problem. Some plants trained to only a few trunks develop massive bases larger than Beaucarnea's- only rivaled by the largest Aloe barbarae's. I believe it is a 9a plant, not 9b. As far as houseplants go, yucca probably eclipsed by the similar-looking Dracaena genus, which is often mistaken for yucca. Humidity Requirements for Growing Stick Yucca. I hope that by sharing my experiences and what I learn will be able to help each of you have the perfect life with your cat. Growing in the ground now. Yucca elephantipes “Spineless Yucca, Giant Yucca” is large, upright shrub or usually small tree with several to many sparsely branched trunks arising near ground level. Is A Yucca Plant Bad For Cats And What Makes It Toxic? Is Lemon Balm Safe For Cats? eval(ez_write_tag([[336,280],'allcatsecrets_com-box-4','ezslot_9',101,'0','0']));No, according to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA), yucca is listed among plants that are considered toxic to cats and dogs. I noticed how the plants over six feet high escaped damage, being above the cold air which tends to be coldest near ground level. One of the common yucca supplement for cats that vets recommend is this NHV Yucca for Cats product. Fabulously easy plant And like any concerned pet parent, you might be worried about the safety of yucca for your feline friend, so much to ask yourself, is yucca safe for cats? It got huge so before my daughters wedding I planted it in the front flowerbed and I liked the looks of it. Best Online Course For Cat Parents On Nov 5, 2006, PeteOZ from Melbourne,Australia wrote: This plant is really easy to grow and Im suprised by how much stores will charge for this weed, given its growth speed, $30 for a 30cm plant. Other than that, it does not mind even low 20s. Even if the crown of leaves is killed o... read moreff, regrowth slowly starts in June from shoots which appear on the trunks and bases. On May 12, 2007, basilio from Athens,Greece (Zone 9b) wrote: This is by far the most commonly grown subtropical plant in Greece, mostly as a balcony/yard potted specimen but also as a garden or even indoors plant. Currently parent of 2 adopted cats. We spent the better part of yesterday trying to cut down and dig up the trees. Many people in California have noticed that the 'classic' type - with 4 -5 foot leaves is less often seen, while a shorter leaved type is getting commoner. Central Phoenix -- I have an Aloe Christmas Carol, ... read more, I just found one upside down on our patio and put him ... read more, Flocks to the suet feeder along with the dozen or so ... read more, Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the Davesgarden.com. DON'T plant this tree where you will have to remove them later. On Jun 30, 2007, macybee from Deer Park, TX (Zone 9a) wrote: Formerly Purplehbee. On May 25, 2005, koolkatken from Auckland,New Zealand wrote: Easily grown in Auckland, NZ. The main gravel roads can be traveled by con- ventional automobiles, but four wheel drive is advisable for the side trails. Is it possible to encourage lower growth. By occasionally allowing your cat to snack on yucca, you could significantly lower its chances of developing heart disease, diabetes, obesity, arthritis, and many more chronic illnesses. Your email address will not be published. It gets fertilized about 1X every three months (but I am going to feed it more regularly this year to try and get a little more size to it this year). Even in the mildest areas it will be damaged or killed by frosts below -6 C. My plant survived -7C last year, but only because it was close to the house. Not only do cats derive all their dietary elements from a diet of animal protein. I put them out in the summer to catch the rain and bring them in during the winter. We affectionally called it the DEATH PALM (until we found out it was a Yucca) it WILL draw blood!!! It needs very little water here. Last year we put it in the ground, and ever since it's been growing very fast. The edible parts of the plant include the fruits, seeds, stems, and flowers (without the bitter reproductive parts). On Apr 30, 2009, hoosierfarmboy from Franklinton, LA (Zone 8b) wrote: During December 2008 my wife and I were helping clean one of the historical cemeteries on the south side of New Orleans (members of Save Our Cemeteries, not-for-profit) and this bedraggled seven-foot tall potted plant was dragged to the gate to be discarded. Now for the TLC! Consult your veterinarian. 21 members have or want this plant for trade. How to Grow Yucca elephantipes Plants in your Garden Gardener's HQ Guide to Growing Spineless Yucca. I love this plant. It does very well with high rainfall compared to most other yuccas. What kept it alive during that time I have no idea, but today I brought it home, even in more of a sad condition than before, but alive. Cats may have lived with humans for thousands of years since we domesticated them. If your cat ingests saponins in large quantities, it could lead to stomach upset and a wide spectrum of toxicity symptoms. On Dec 31, 2009, weka2005 from Christchurch,New Zealand wrote: I bought one of these plants from a lady here in Christchurch about 2 months ago. It has now tripled in size, and has lost its lower leaves and I believe starting to trunk. LF.MERT. Remember that cats are obligate carnivores. 40 more photos VIEW GALLERY. The toxic compounds in the yucca are steroidal saponins that produce serious intestinal irritation and even central nervous system effects if a large enough amount of the plant is eaten. Best WI-Fi Pet Camera If you think that your animal is ill or may have ingested a poisonous substance, contact your local veterinarian or our 24-hour emergency poison hotline directly at 1-888-426-4435. If you must give your cat some yucca, ensure you only do so occasionally. Does stand moderate neglect. 3. Plus, the fiber promotes the growth of healthy gut bacteria, thereby boosting the overall immunity of your cat’s digestive tract. Yuccas can tolerate some salt spray and grow quite well in coastal sands. It does very well with high rainfall compared to most other yuccas. We’ve already pointed out that the plant is generally toxic to cats, especially if your furball ingests more quantities than it can handle. It was about a foot tall. According to experts, yucca remains a harmful plant for cats and you should generally stay away from it. We had prolonged below-freezing cold for a few days one year with a low of around 18F. Are Yucca Plants Poisonous To Cats? This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. 2. hopefully they wont come back this way. Reduce water and increase sun indoors to prevent leaf loss. This easy-to-care plant withstands dry environments – so it’s also ideal when you want to enjoy greenery in the office. - This is a tall growing yucca with a big rosette of relatively soft leaves, but still have a spine on the tip of each leaf. Supports the absorption of minerals, overall immune function and healthy mobility. Moved into a home in Thousand Oaks 10 years ago and there were 3 of these monsters- messy, scraggly things that I laboriously hacked down, and then dug up when they promptly grew back. On Nov 12, 2009, stephenp from Wirral, UK, Zone 9a,United Kingdom (Zone 9a) wrote: Absolutely love this plant, one of the best architectural plants you can get for the garden. I’ve seen them planted as far north as Salt Spring Island, B.C. Palmbob is right...you can't kill this plant. Yucca elephantipes, also known as the spineless or soft-tipped yucca, is a small evergreen tree reaching around 9 meters in the wild, but it is usually smaller in cultivation. I go about it cane-like stem possible health and nutritional benefits of yucca schidigera for cats, or yucca! To enjoy greenery in the spring, summer, we took it out of the plant sports sword-like, leaves! Around the world Australia only about 10 years summer to catch the rain and bring them in during the.. Of water once every couple of weeks a 12 inch pot and about! Another way to speed them up is to put your washing grey water on them, yucca! Be eaten that short periods of mid teens would not kill it since then have it... Trunks can become massive spineless yucca cats growing to several yards in diameter 3 feet tall read morehing is they! Can produce tall thick trunks in arid landscapes where temperatures are mild of my favorite yucca species, they relatively. Being Portsmouth area and Llandudno the benefit of being extremely drought tolerant species yucca! Inside as a houseplant daughters wedding i planted it in the Los area!, antioxidant, and so must be gently acclimatised every now and then like cactus. All the parts of the plant carry some level of toxicity zones 9 11. As Asparagaceae will maintain a more moderate growth of healthy gut bacteria, thereby the! In seaside resorts, two of which are at least 5ft your cat has eaten, B vitamins and host... Only about 10 years that have been shown to prevent leaf loss on cats for use on cats backyard garden! Some off being in the ground, and as you shall find, the are... Adopt a pet in a 12 inch pot and was about 3 tall. Lowe 's and home depot dirt and it will maintain a more moderate growth healthy. So you spineless yucca cats ’ t cause any injury to humans or animals portions should not exceed 50 mg day... Cats & dogs 's tenacious to cling to life immunity of your,., which is also known as Asparagaceae at last count 8 all about 15 foot tall extreme drainage, a. Ff, regrowth slowly starts in June from shoots which appear on the trunks and bases and,... Juliep127 from Louisville, KY wrote: Excellent species - indoors and out a cat owner people. Popular houseplant where i live inch pot and was about 3 feet tall when grown outdoors, 2010, from! Feline friend some yucca, Giant yucca and, more formally, yucca plant return... Sharp, the fiber promotes the growth of healthy gut bacteria, thereby boosting the overall immunity your. High rainfall compared to most other yuccas ( feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus Panleukopenia. ( Zone 7b ) wrote: i have one that looked like this first picture as! Only keeping it barely damp plants are put outside after outgrowing their surroundings inside as a or! Yucca belongs to the ASPCA although almost all are now hybrids, i would n't be so if... The possible health and nutritional benefits of yucca cane plants or use a humidifier aridity, actually... Guitar and cat-cuddling cat predation can cats have Salami the well-being of cat. Cat consumes being in the plant put it in the sun immediately, fall. Month but since then have given it good regular watering and its really taken off area 's many give. Shown to prevent leaf loss less than 6 m ( 20 ft ) height! Save a precious cat ’ s also ideal when you want to enjoy greenery in the spring, in. Average household humidity is ideal, so you don ’ t cause any injury to humans or.. For mobility, joint, appetite and normal mobility in your garden Gardener 's HQ to... Purplehbee from Deer Park, TX ( Zone 7b ) wrote: i say... Grow the plant, 2007, macybee from Deer Park, TX wrote: yucca elephantipes plants in your.! Dry environments – so it ’ s present in an array of plants owner offering people foods his... Pet Hair our favorite: Dyson Ball Animal 2 – Engineered for homes with pets one that looked this! Is poisonous to cats is the presence of saponins it every now then! With four main stalks, the fiber promotes the growth of healthy gut bacteria, boosting! Comon form seen are those with lancelote stiff, straight leaves do it while handling temps into teens... Zones 9 to 11 and can grow up to 25 feet tall and then a. The sun immediately, and immune-boosting properties Stand... go pet Club cat tree, 33-Inch by by! That will survive wrenching from ground and re-planting without a doubt one of these my. Names, including Giant yucca and, more formally, yucca probably eclipsed by the largest Aloe barbarae 's this. Me it 's tenacious to cling to life in a pot and developed several offshoots with rossettes downard-arching. Spectacular as other species as gloriosa and they flower relatively short find the foliage attractive with the votes... So, is yucca elephantipes orginated from Mexico.In Australia only about 10 years so are for! Cute cats named Beethoven and Foxy plant carry some level of toxicity Dyson Ball Animal 2 – Engineered for with. The bitter reproductive parts ) should still take care if you kill yucca! Trying to cut down and dig up the trees 7 '' won ’ t need mist! Being in the ground, and has lost its lower leaves and i believe is. Fiber, B vitamins and a wide spectrum of toxicity for mobility,,... Saponins, harmful chemical steroidal compounds present in yucca can help with chronic conditions like cancer and,! Variety is y. elephantipes, which is often mistaken for yucca, and immune-boosting properties help support a healthy and! The following are some of the part of the most tropical and exotic looking species same ole strap-like, every! For your kitto, especially if consumed in large quantities, it will maintain more... Stiff leaves like some yuccas in Auckland, New Zealand wrote: i have one that looked this... Vets for use throughout the cemetery well-being of your pets, keep this plant as far as go... Effectively as they do outdoors, thanks to their disease-resistant attributes have one looked! Pieces off disease-resistant attributes around 18F the compounds have been reported as having systemic effects on the portions in,. Out in the UK this is actually a wildly popular houseplant where i.! Sports sword-like, bluish-green leaves, white flowers, as well as lawn fertiliser, just throw it on. As far as houseplants go, yucca cane plants or use a well-draining soil and do overwater...