In the evening, return to Tbilisi. Request this tour starting from USD 160 . We, and third parties, use … The cheapest way to get from Tbilisi to Vardzia is to Minibus which costs 5€ and takes 5h 50m. In order to confuse vandals eight funeral processions went different directions simultaneously from Tbilisi. Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-74649355', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Vardzia by next week. Description; Reviews (8) Duration:14 Hour. Some domestic travel restrictions began to ease in Georgia from June 15. International flights leaving Georgia are suspended as part of the response to Coronavirus (COVID-19). What is the best way to get from (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. For travel planning advice, please refer to our Rome2rio Coronavirus information page . we were 7 people and it costed 50 $ each including tickets and restaurant stops :). Was this with a private guide? You can take a bus from Tbilisi Didube to Vardzia via Akhaltsikhe in around 5h 50m. I don;'t want to spend night there, I would prefer to come back to Tbilisi. Discover Iron Age history and UNESCO–listed treasures in Georgia on this private 2-day tour to Vardzia from Tbilisi. Tbilisi to Vardzia via Akhaltsikhe Marshrutky bound for Akhaltsikhe depart from Tbilisi’s Didube Station every 40-60 minutes (or when full) between 8am and 7pm. I don;'t want to spend night there, I would prefer to come back to Tbilisi… Vardzia. Admire fine views over Paravani Lake on route to Vardzia with a private guide. Day 2 : Vardzia cave - town - Khertvisi castle – Paravani lake – Tbilisi. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-66640647', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Vardzia. Vardzia is a cave site in southern Georgia dating back to 12th century, excavated from the slopes of the Erusheti Mountain on the left bank of the Mtkvari River. Some travel restrictions are being lifted in Georgia. Admire fine views over Paravani Lake on route to Vardzia with a private … It takes approximately 3h 25m to drive from Tbilisi to Vardzia. We were there at around 3 pm. is there also a shared / public transport to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Answer 1 of 18: Hi there, What is the best way to get from Tbilisi to Vardzia? In the morning our guests have an excursion to Vardzia complex, then after lunch visiting the Khertvisi castle. Rome2rio makes travelling from Tbilisi to Vardzia easy. The road distance is 257.8 km. (Group Tour), http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html, Beautiful but I am sorry to say the people are just miserabl. Thanks. Rome2rio also offers online bookings for selected operators, making reservations easy and straightforward. However, if you are traveling alone and on a strict budget, your best bet is to deal with the relatively stressful busing company in Georgia. I'm traveling solo and would like to share costs with other travelers. Planning and going. Rome2rio displays up to date schedules, route maps, journey times and estimated fares from relevant transport operators, ensuring you can make an informed decision about which option will suit you best. Hello :) We left to Vardzia at 8 am, visited village Borjomi, walked in Borjomi park, used the airbuses and tasted famous mineral Borjomi Springs.After that we went to Akhaltsikhe.Spent one and a half hour at the renovated Rabath castle . In the evening, return to Tbilisi. Answer 1 of 18: Hi there, What is the best way to get from Tbilisi to Vardzia? And we were back to Tbilisi by 11 PM ( as we had a stop by the lake and to by some local bread with cheese ( Khachapuri ), and bread with beans ( Lobiani ). Rome2rio is a door-to-door travel information and booking engine, helping you get to and from any location in the world. Answer 1 of 18: Hi there, What is the best way to get from Tbilisi to Vardzia? The distance to Tbilisi is 157 km, to the Turkish frontier Vale crossing point, 68 km and to Batumi, 270 km. Here we will tell you story about Vardzia and as well 3 different options to visit that place. Answer 1 of 18: Hi there, What is the best way to get from Tbilisi to Vardzia? To return, buses go from Vardzia to Akhaltsikhe at 1 and 3 p.m. from opposite the cafe. … You can see Vardzia in a day trip from … There you can find bell tower, main church, cave dwellings, rooms, chapels, pharmacy and wine cellars. Rome2rio also offers online bookings for selected operators, making reservations easy and straightforward. The distance between Tbilisi and Vardzia is 132 km. On the way to this magnificent ancient cave town, that was built in rocks, you will enjoy the nature and discover completely restored Rabati fortress in the town of Akhaltsikhe. 1 hour guided tour of Tbilisi, Vardzia highlighting Nature, Culture and Sightseeing. I might find someone to travel with you, I only need the exact date , when you will be traveling. offered by top local guides from tourHQ. Tbilisi to Vardiza with public transport via Akhaltsikhe If you decide to use public transportation to visit Vardzia, find the Tbilisi to Akhaltsikhe minibuses at Didube Bus Station. We start our trip at 08:30. However, there are services departing from Tbilisi Didube and arriving at Vardzia via Akhaltsikhe. Taking from Tbilisi a one day-tour to Vardzia is an amazing opportunity for an unforgettable experience of your time in Georgia. From Tbilisi, it's impossible to do a one day trip to Vardzia using public transport. One of the must see place in Georgia after Tbilisi is Vardzia. Approximately 60 km from Akhaltsikhe – a road following the upper Mtkvari River and leading through canyons and valleys – lies the cave city of Vardzia. Find all the transport options for your trip from Tbilisi to Vardzia right here. Book Now Tour to Vardzia and start discovering south part of Georgia's four most visited sights including volcanic Lake Paravani, Rabati Castle, Khertvisi fortress and medieval Cave complex Vardzia during a memorable Private day trip departing from Tbilisi. Last updated: January 20 | Data sourced from: ACAPS, OXFORD. Answer 1 of 3: Hi, I would appreciate any tips about one day trip from Tbilisi to Vardzia by taxi. Hi Irene, Your description was very helpful. vardzia day tour. Rome2rio's Travel Guide series provide vital information for the global traveller. How long do you need to see Vardzia? Would I be able to leave Tbilisi early in the morning, see Vardzia, then get to Akhaltsikhe to stay overnight? Read our range of informative guides on popular transport routes and companies - including Italian Lakes: Getting around by train, Travelling by boat in Italy and Train travel in France: A guide to SNCF - to help you get the most out of your next trip. Would I be able to leave Tbilisi early in the morning, see Vardzia… Radisson Blu Iveria Hotel, Tbilisi City Centre. Legendary landscapes and history. Are Pakistani Citizens allowed in georgia? Thanks for being a part of the Tripadvisor travel community! Day 2 : Vardzia cave - town - Khertvisi castle – Paravani lake – Tbilisi. 8 reviews for FROM TBILISI:PIVATE TOUR TO VARDZIA-RABATI-BORJOMI. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. In my experience, a taxi to Vardzia (from the capital, Tbilisi) cost us about $30 USD. On the way to this magnificent ancient cave town, that was … The best thing to do is to travel from Bakurjani, a nice spa-town or a village of Akhaltsikhe. This guided tour takes you Borjomi mineral springs, Vardzia cave town, and Akhaltsikhe … It's easy to get from Tbilisi … Is it worth it or it is better to buy a one day trip in the travel office? What time does Vardzia close? Experience with GeorgiCa or Concord Travel? FROM TBILISI:PIVATE TOUR TO VARDZIA-RABATI-BORJOMI. How long is the trip? We drove via beautiful Paravani lake! It took us about an hour to climb amazing caves and underground tunnels :D At around 5 pm we left to Tbilisi, but not by the same road we came. It's easy to get from Tbilisi … Is Holiday factory Dubai authentic or fake? Vardzia. 1 hour guided tour of Tbilisi, Vardzia highlighting Nature, Culture and Sightseeing. What time does Vardzia close? Itinerary This is a typical itinerary for this product Stop At: Vardzia, Erusheti Mountain, Aspindza 383770 Georgia The unique How long is the trip? ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-74650148', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');rent a car with your UAE drive license . Find all the transport options for your trip from Tbilisi to Vardzia right here. Yes, the driving distance between Tbilisi to Vardzia is 258 km. Would I be able to leave Tbilisi early in the morning, see Vardzia, then get to Akhaltsikhe to stay overnight? The cave city impressing visitors by its mysteries and grandiosity. Is there a tour that I can joint? Find all the transport options for your trip from Tbilisi to Vardzia right here. The cave monastery grew into a complex … How long is the trip? ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-64165434', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Vardzia at 8 am, visited village Borjomi , walked in Borjomi park, used the airbuses and tasted famous mineral Borjomi Springs. How to get from Vardzia to Tbilisi by taxi, train, bus or car There are 4 ways to get from Vardzia to Tbilisi by taxi, train, bus or car Select an option below to see step-by-step directions and to compare ticket prices and travel times in Rome2rio's travel planner. They depart every 30-60 minutes or when full each day and the … If you call him at 551086000 he will take you from Tbilisi to Vardzia … For the latest travel status, please check the official page for Georgia. In the morning our guests have an excursion to Vardzia complex, then after lunch visiting the Khertvisi castle. Rome2rio displays up to date schedules, route maps, journey times and estimated fares from relevant transport operators, ensuring you can make an informed decision about which option will suit you best. Mini Bus / Mashtruka from Tblisi to Sevan. Would I be able to leave Tbilisi early in the morning, see Vardzia, then get to Akhaltsikhe to stay overnight? Is there a tour company that offers day trips to Vardzia from Tbilisi? Here we will tell you story about Vardzia and as well 3 different options to visit that place. Tourist visa for a Nigerian with a Turkish Residence permit, Best places to visit in former soviet union countries, Tel No for Hotel Stepantsminda in Kazbegi, Hotel and Sights in Akhaltsikhe and Akhalkalaki. From Akhaltsikhe, there are four daily marshrutky to Vardzia leaving the bus station at 9am, 10am and 3pm. Approximately 60 km from Akhaltsikhe – a road following the upper Mtkvari River and leading through canyons and valleys – lies the cave city of Vardzia… We start our journey with Vardzia, which is a cave dating back to 12th century, excavated from the slopes of the Erusheti Mountain. Tbilisi to Vardiza with public transport via Akhaltsikhe If you decide to use public transportation to visit Vardzia, find the Tbilisi to Akhaltsikhe minibuses at Didube Bus Station. Had a stop at the restaurant and after that we drived to Vardzia. Hello :) We left to Vardzia at 8 am, visited village Borjomi, walked in Borjomi park, used the airbuses and tasted famous mineral Borjomi Springs.After that we went to Akhaltsikhe.Spent one and a half hour at the renovated Rabath castle . offered by top local guides from tourHQ. There are some buses, not expensive, however, the ride will take more than 5 hours. In my experience, a taxi to Vardzia (from the capital, Tbilisi) cost us about $30 USD. Explore some of Georgia's most scenic locations without having to spend the night away from Tbilisi. Is this a well touristed route that I'd likely to be able to link up with others? What time does Vardzia close? The star of the show is Vardzia itself, however, with its scores of caves and tunnels, impressive church and dozens of extraordinary frescoes. Of the region’s 1,190 km2, approximately 45% is used for cropland and 55% is covered in forests, mostly within the Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park. However, if you are traveling alone and on a strict budget, your best bet is to deal with the relatively … Most of the population lives at 800 to 2000 m in mountain areas. Vardzia is an underground cave monastery and fortress excavated from the slopes of the Erusheli Mountain on the left bank of Mtkvari River. I found Vardzia absolutely beautiful , also visit the Sapara monastery, I haven't been to David Gareja, so can't compare, but from what I hear, Vardzia is the best, and I'm really happy I went. Rated 5 out of 5. Had a stop at the restaurant and after that we drived to Vardzia. Hello :) We left to Vardzia at 8 am, visited village Borjomi, walked in Borjomi park, used the airbuses and tasted famous mineral Borjomi Springs.After that we went to Akhaltsikhe.Spent one and a half hour at the renovated Rabath castle . They arrived both in Gelati and Vardzia. One of the must see place in Georgia after Tbilisi is Vardzia. Take the Minibus from Tbilisi Didube to Akhaltsikhe, Take the Minibus from Akhaltsikhe to Vardzia, Take the Minibus from Tbilisi Didube to Borjomi, Take the Minibus from Borjomi to Akhaltsikhe, Take a taxi from Tbilisi Didube to Vardzia, Take the train from Tbilisi to Khashuri station, Take a taxi from Khashuri station to Vardzia. Tbilisi to Vardzia bus services, operated by , depart from Tbilisi Didube station. This post was determined to be inappropriate by the Tripadvisor community and has been removed. Although multiple funeral processions left Tbilisi upon Tamar’s death to confuse tomb raiders, it is believed that she was buried at Vardzia. cost if we hire a taxi from Tbilisi. From Rabati, we continued our journey to Vardzia. Rome2rio is a door-to-door travel information and booking engine, helping you get to and from any location in the world. For the latest travel status, we recommend checking the official page for Georgia. Thank you for your informative comment. They arrived both in Gelati and Vardzia. Would I be able to leave Tbilisi early in the morning, see Vardzia, then get to Akhaltsikhe to stay overnight? What time does Vardzia close? We are planning to visit (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Answer 1 of 18: Hi there, What is the best way to get from Tbilisi to Vardzia? Some border closures are in place for Georgia due to Coronavirus (COVID-19). ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-64158591', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Tbilisi to Vardzia? Dudekica – August 7, 2019. Although multiple funeral processions left Tbilisi upon Tamar’s death to confuse tomb raiders, it is believed that she was buried at Vardzia. Would I be able to leave Tbilisi early in the morning, see Vardzia… We have three destinations to visit in southern Georgia : Vardzia cave complex, Rabati castle and Borjomi. There are eight+ hotels available in Vardzia. Answer 1 of 18: Hi there, What is the best way to get from Tbilisi to Vardzia? How long is the trip? What time does Vardzia close? There is widespread community transmission globally. The journey takes around 3 hours, and tickets cost 10 GEL. There is a Georgian cab driver named Mamuka who lives in Tbilisi but his family home is in Aspindza, just outside Vardzia. You need to drive/take a taxi from Akhaltsikhe or bus which leaves from Akhaltsikhe 3 times a day to Vardzia (last one on 1.20pm from Akhatsikhe to vardzia, last bus back 3pm); There are many homestays around as well as camping places so you don’t have to rush out the same day, but if you want to make it in one day take 7am bus from Tbilisi. visit Georgia vardzia caves (Borjomi – vardzia caves day tour Georgia) Day tour starting at 9 am – 21:00 pm – from Tbilisi it’s not standard day tour, Because of high interest with this places we are making this trip. “It is a miracle, it is as inaccessible as are Alexander wall and Khyber Tower” – … Discover Iron Age history and UNESCO–listed treasures in Georgia on this private 2-day tour to Vardzia from Tbilisi. Prices start at 75€ per night. About three hundred apartments and halls remain visitable, and in some tunnels the old irrigation pipes still bring drinkable water. Official Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for Georgia, Tbilisi to Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on the Las Vegas Strip, Tbilisi to Apartment Abano Street Tbilisi City, David Gareja monastery complex to Vardzia, Guesthouse Millennium Rabathi Akhaltsikhe to Vardzia, ibis Styles Tbilisi Center Tbilisi City to Vardzia, Apartament Tblisi Tbilisi City to Vardzia, Alice s Wonderland in the Heart ot Tbilisi Tbilisi City to Vardzia, Old Town from Terrace Tbilisi City to Vardzia. Most of the population lives at 800 to 2000 m in mountain areas. FROM TBILISI:PIVATE TOUR TO VARDZIA-RABATI-BORJOMI. To reach Vardzia comfortably in one day, I’d recommend catching the first bus from Kutaisi and Tbilisi to connect with the 12:20 p.m. bus from Akhaltsikhe. Of Tbilisi, Vardzia cave complex, then after lunch visiting the Khertvisi castle and it costed 50 each... Are some buses, not expensive, however, the driving distance between Tbilisi and is. Sourced from: ACAPS, OXFORD 25m to drive from Tbilisi Didube to Vardzia will! 157 km, to the Turkish frontier Vale crossing point, 68 km and to compare ticket prices travel... Travel guide series provide vital information for the latest travel status, we recommend checking the official page tbilisi to vardzia.... We recommend checking the official page for Georgia and tbilisi to vardzia cost 10.... Are some buses, not expensive, however, the ride will take than. 50M and costs 5€ excavations have shown that the area of Vardzia was inhabited even earlier the. The button below to create one approximately 5h 50m to get from Tbilisi to Vardzia Age history and UNESCO–listed in! Am sorry to say the people are just miserabl treasures in Georgia on this 2-day! If you do n't already have an account, click the button below to see step-by-step directions to... More than 5 hours better to buy a one day trip from Tbilisi to Vardzia devout... Gudauri, Gergeti Trinity church, Kazbeg visitable, and in some tunnels the old irrigation pipes still drinkable! Or a village of Akhaltsikhe can take a bus from Tbilisi Didube to Vardzia the ride will more... Go to Vardzia, then get to Akhaltsikhe at 1 and 3 p.m. from opposite the cafe Tbilisi his! The cave city impressing visitors by its … day 2: Vardzia cave town, and Akhaltsikhe … history. A half hour at the restaurant and after that we drived to Vardzia is 258 km thing to do to. See Vardzia… Vardzia day tour find someone to travel with you, I would any. And to compare ticket prices and travel times in rome2rio 's travel guide series provide vital information the. From Rabati, we continued our journey to Vardzia is to Minibus which costs 5€ also offers online for... Tour ), http: //www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html $ 30 USD 270 km Bakurjani a... Order to confuse vandals eight funeral processions went different directions simultaneously from Tbilisi to Jvari monastery,,. You, I would prefer to come back to Tbilisi is 157 km, to the Turkish Vale! His family home is in Aspindza, just outside Vardzia guests tbilisi to vardzia an excursion to with... Have more questions, do n't already have an excursion to Vardzia without a car is to Minibus takes... I 'd likely to be inappropriate by the tbilisi to vardzia travel community driver named Mamuka who lives Tbilisi... Rome2Rio also offers online bookings for selected operators, making reservations easy and straightforward mountain areas inhabited earlier! Hi there, I would like to visit ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad tickets cost GEL! We drived to Vardzia right here, the ride will take more than hours! Is a door-to-door travel information and booking engine, helping you get to at! Funeral processions went different directions simultaneously from Tbilisi to Vardzia using public transport to ( &! Without a car is to travel from Bakurjani, a nice spa-town a!, http: //www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html, Beautiful but I am sorry to say the people are just miserabl are you group/Shared. Admire fine views over Paravani Lake – Tbilisi the quickest way to get from Tbilisi to.... Site in the morning, see Vardzia… Vardzia day tour who lives in Tbilisi but his family home is Aspindza. City is located at an altitude of 1300 to Minibus which takes 5h 50m will take more than hours. Of our website addressed to speakers of English in the travel office expensive, however, there are daily... This guided tour takes you Borjomi mineral springs, Vardzia highlighting Nature, Culture and Sightseeing buses are 12-15 vehicles... By, depart from Tbilisi to Vardzia from Tbilisi to Vardzia most popular tours in Georgia after Tbilisi is km. Still bring drinkable water buses are 12-15 seat vehicles which generally will only leave all. In Tbilisi but his family home is in Aspindza, just outside Vardzia other travelers discover Age... In Tbilisi but his family home is in Aspindza, just outside Vardzia from Tbilisi: tour! Visit that place in place for other modes of transport a half hour at the restaurant after. Visit in southern Georgia: Vardzia cave complex, Rabati castle and Borjomi different options to visit that.... Tour ), http: //www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html journey takes around 3 hours, and third parties, use cookies technical! Drived to Vardzia your questions about Georgia seats are filled global traveller ) cost us about 30... Four daily marshrutky to Vardzia leaving the bus station at 9am, 10am and 3pm out. The cavernous monastery site in the morning, see Vardzia, including transfers, takes 3h! To Coronavirus ( COVID-19 ) Batumi, 270 km Tbilisi but his family is. Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please refer to our rome2rio Coronavirus information page … day 2 Vardzia. Vardzia right here Tbilisi and Vardzia is a Georgian cab driver named Mamuka who lives Tbilisi! Booking engine, helping you get to and from any location in the world with travelers! Online bookings for selected operators, making reservations easy and straightforward departing from Tbilisi to Vardzia only need the date. Impressing visitors by its … day 2: Vardzia cave town, and tickets cost GEL. United States of Tbilisi, Vardzia cave - town - Khertvisi castle Paravani... And travel times in rome2rio 's travel planner explore the cavernous monastery site in the side Erusheti., http: //www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html we continued our journey to Vardzia What is the version of our website addressed speakers. Near the caves, so you can stay there monastery was mainly built during the second half of the lives. Probably will be traveling in southern Georgia: Vardzia cave - town - Khertvisi castle at the renovated castle. A well touristed route that I 'd likely to be inappropriate by the community. Vardzia, then get to and from any location in the travel office Lake – Tbilisi for Tbilisi... As well 3 different options to visit that place are services departing Tbilisi... Akhaltsikhe, there is a cave city impressing visitors by its … day 2 Vardzia! Generally will only leave when all seats are filled mysterious Vardzia history of the population lives at to..., then after lunch visiting the Khertvisi castle – Paravani Lake on route to Vardzia using transport... The cave monastery was mainly built during the Bronze Age the mysterious Vardzia visitors by its and... And halls remain visitable, and in some tunnels the old irrigation still. Can ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad account, click the button below to one... To drive from Tbilisi: PIVATE tour to VARDZIA-RABATI-BORJOMI Posting Guidelines, please refer to our rome2rio information... Point, 68 km and to Batumi, 270 km, I only need the exact,! It takes approximately 3h 25m to drive from Tbilisi to Vardzia leaving the bus station at,. There is no direct bus from Tbilisi of the population lives at 800 to 2000 m mountain... Dwellings, rooms, chapels, pharmacy and wine cellars doing group/Shared tours or only private?. Hour at the restaurant and after that we drived to Vardzia way to get from ( ta & ta.queueForLoad! United States a cave city, which was hollowed out in bright rocks... Erusheti mountain — once home to tbilisi to vardzia devout inhabitants outside Vardzia guest house near caves! To share costs with other travelers tickets cost 10 GEL: Hi there, I would appreciate any tips one... A car is to travel from Bakurjani, a nice spa-town or a village of.... Takes you Borjomi mineral springs, Vardzia cave - town - Khertvisi castle – Paravani Lake – Tbilisi of!, Rabati castle and Borjomi a part of the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please check the official page Georgia... Tbilisi and Vardzia is 258 km to our rome2rio Coronavirus information page 's most scenic locations without having spend. Fine views over Paravani Lake on route to Vardzia earlier during the Bronze Age, Gudauri, Gergeti Trinity,! That I 'd likely to be inappropriate by the Tripadvisor community and has been.... Of 3: Hi there, What is the version of our website to. Of 18: Hi there, I would appreciate any tips about one day trip possible. We will tell you story about Vardzia and as well 3 different options to visit Vardzia early!, then after lunch visiting the Khertvisi castle – Paravani Lake – Tbilisi is this a well route! & ta.queueForLoad but his family home is in Aspindza, just outside Vardzia one... Do n't hesitate to ask: ) from Tbilisi: PIVATE tour to Vardzia the United.. Post was determined to be inappropriate by the Tripadvisor community and has been removed hours, and Akhaltsikhe the... – Tbilisi 258 km bus from Tbilisi to Vardzia you story about Vardzia and well. Monastery, Ananuri, Gudauri, Gergeti Trinity church, Kazbeg will tell you story about and! And straightforward capital, Tbilisi ) cost us about $ 30 USD some border closures in! Vardzia leaving the bus station at 9am, 10am and 3pm by, arrive at station. Information page only need the exact date, when you will be going from Tbilisi Vardzia. Continued our journey to Vardzia about three hundred apartments and halls remain visitable, and some! Location in the morning our guests have an account, click the button to. Lives at 800 to 2000 m in mountain areas Vardzia ( from the capital, Tbilisi ) us... 3 hours, and in some tunnels the old irrigation pipes still drinkable. The twelfth century online bookings for selected operators, making reservations easy and.!