And that's JUST for the tub. It measures 27” x 54” and is made of acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) thermoplastic, making it a tough and durable yet attractive and low-maintenance surround. We cover all sorts of topics that are under the vast home design umbrella. We spent $1,000 on this “upgrade” that was supposed to be a nice wood paneled skirt. Will you be able to install the surround yourself or will you need to pay a professional to do it? Ugh. I like my tub and trying to do an easy conversion without replacing the tub and building up enclosure. If you have a large family or otherwise tend to have lots of toiletries in the bathroom, choosing a surround with extra shelf space would seem sensible. Mortar isn’t fun to scrape or sand off. It is designed for use with American Standard tubs but can also be used with tubs from other brands. So if you’re in the market for a little change without spending a wad of cash, I’d recommend you give this a try! The design features six large shelves, three on either side, giving you plenty of storage space to keep any bath time products you use. Set the first tile at the intersection of the two layout lines. DON’T attempt to cut Hardy Backer {the concrete sheetrock stuff} by scoring with a knife and breaking it. Rust-Oleum® Specialty Tub & Tile Refinishing Kit acts and looks like porcelain and ceramic. However, the center of the wall panel is left clear, giving you more ease of movement while you are in the tub. From brightly colored mosaic work to classic vintage motifs, today’s bathtub tile inspirations are all but unending. Fast-drying Indoor Durable, corrosion-resistant For Best Results Pre-treat tub with a household cleaner rather than muriatic acid. So is there a company that sells larger back panels ? This thermoplastic bathtub wall kit is designed to fit regular bathtubs of 30” x 60” or 32” x 60” and has maximum dimensions of 42” x 72”. The important thing is to, Cool small bathroom shower remodel ideas (25), Remodelaholic | DIY Bathroom Remodel on a Budget (and Thoughts on Renovating in Phases), 38 Cozy Small Office Bathroom Designs Ideas. However most surround kits are 60″ wide but my tub area is 6 41/2″ by 3 5″. On the downside, this is not a high-end product – this is a bathtub surround aimed at those who don’t want to spend more than they need to. Apply to ceramic, porcelain or fiberglass. x 60 in. The variety of tile choices makes it possible for you to create a tile tub surround that perfectly suits your bathroom design. Remodeling your bathroom but don't want to spend a fortune? Tile surpasses an acrylic wall surround in terms of design versatility, because it offers more options in terms of color, pattern and design. If that sounds like something you might be interested in, here are our top picks for best bathtub surround. Bathtub surrounds can be an affordable alternative to some of the more expensive ways you can decorate your bathroom, allowing you to improve the visual effect of your bathroom and to add a touch of style without the need to break the bank. Cut a piece of felt paper long enough to turn all corners and cover the surface in a … You really can demo this in about an hour maybe two. It is easy enough to install and will give your bathroom a classy and attractive look. Whether you choose to contrast your tile with your tub or to coordinate the two will affect the overall feeling of the room. What size of surround wall I need to order? All in all, this product has all the qualities you look for in a bathtub surround. It doesn’t matter if you want to learn how to put together a gorgeous yet relaxing family room. Apply Felt Paper. Overall, I think this project was a total win. A bathtub surround might be a practical consideration – it will help keep your bathroom clean and will also give you somewhere to store your toiletries and other bath time products – but that doesn’t mean you should forget about aesthetics. It’s also manufactured in the USA, something that could be important to people who prefer to buy locally made products. Furthermore, it is completely resistant to mold and mildew, meaning it is a very low-maintenance material. However, before buying a bathtub surround, you need to check that the stated measurements make it compatible with your bathroom. If you appreciate this kind of look, this is another bathtub surround that should be worth considering. However, for anyone who is looking to make improvements in their bathroom without burning a hole in their pocket, this would be an excellent choice – and if that sounds like what you’re looking for, this is another recommended option. 2). Recently sold: $965,000. Nextile 30 in. It also comes with a one-year warranty for extra peace of mind. This tub is about $550 at Home Depot. Since it is a one-piece surround, you don’t need to worry about fitting the pieces together. I would like something that at lease it can look good for at least 8-10 years. My partner, Lance, came u, 39 Most Popular Bathroom Tile Shower Designs Ideas, We've assembled a list of functional yet stylish bathroom tiles ideas to help inspire you. Tile is often the most used material in the bathroom — so choosing the right one is an easy way to kick up your bath #bathroomtileideasfor2017. If you are thinking about buying a bathtub surround for your bathroom, you are probably wondering about the important factors to consider when choosing. See more ideas about bathrooms remodel, small bathroom, tile tub surround. 1). The main difference is in the style. We also like the visual effect it creates – this tub surround will give your bathroom a clean, modern look. I can’t seem to find anything similar in Home Depot, Lowes or online. Mar 11, 2019 - Explore Meredith McKenzie Andrews's board "DIY Apr 20, 2019 - Explore Alma Snodgrass's board "Tile tub surround", followed by 155 people on Pinterest. But when you are flipping homes, it's even more crucial to curb costs wherever possible while creating a superior product. For this reason, you should choose a surround that is easy to clean and that will retain its “just fitted” look for longer. I see that many different materials are listed, including {acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) thermoplastic, acrylic} I want a durable material that can retain the shine and color, but not necessarily the most expensive o e since this is a rental unit. 00 It will fit with the majority of rectangular bathtubs. Can I cover it up? Many different materials can be used, including acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) thermoplastic, acrylic or others. Remember, you will probably be using the same bathroom with the same bathtub surround for many years to come – so make sure you choose one that matches the style of your bathroom – and one that you actually like! Subway Tile Wall Panel Finish is a smooth, flat tile design with faux grout lines. Simply Chic Bathroom Tile Design Ideas. Skirt is custom sized to fit the corner model tub you purchase It still gives you access to the tub's interior. Sold: 5 beds, 3.5 baths, 3646 sq. Again, this is designed as a budget-friendly bathroom solution rather than a high-quality one, but if that’s what you are looking for, this could be worth a look. When it comes to beauty, tile tub surrounds excel. It was stinky, but after a weekend of some effort, our tub and tile shower surround is bright and white and refreshed…all for about $50. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. This gives you somewhere to store all your essential bath time items on each of the three wall surfaces. Again, it comes down to personal preference, but if you like this style, this is an option that should be on your radar. It is also easy to keep clean, meaning you will be able to spend less time on maintenance. Our insight can guide the way for you. It features molded-in self-draining shelves that are ideal for storing shampoo bottles, conditioner, soap or any other bathing products. These are actually wonky black cabinet doors, complete with hinges, that they caulked shut painted white. Many people will be able to do it themselves without the help of a professional, helping you save some extra cash. Exceptional contemporary home … We would describe this as a contemporary but more classic style of suround. These bathtubs can be used for a tub & shower combination or bath only. Quantity includes typical waste overage, material for repair and local delivery. It is designed for spaces between 29” and 32” in depth, between 53” and 60” in width and 59 ½” in height – as long as your wall space is within these measurements, it can easily be cut to size, making installation easy. Fitting out a new bathroom or doing up an old one can be expensive. A solid option if you are looking for something inexpensive, simple and effective to improve the look of your bathroom while also making it easy to clean. Another positive is that this product comes with a one-year warranty, meaning you won’t need to worry about anything going wrong after installation is complete. One way to improve the appearance of a plain apron and create the look of a built-in tub is simply to build and tile a short wall in front of the tub. When installed, there are six shelves in all, giving you plenty of storage space to keep everything you need for bath time close at hand. If that’s what you need, then this is another recommended product. Plan the tile layout so a column of tile extends past the end of the tub. This means the walls are thin and it may get dented or nicked if you don’t take care of it. It also features an attractive and modern tile-like pattern, making it a great option if you are looking for a cheaper alternative to real tiles. #BathroomTilesIdeas #SmallBathroom #BathroomTilesIdeassmall, You have a small bathroom, and you have no idea how to decorate it? However, it has the advantage over real tiles in that there is no surface coating that can be chipped or that can crack. Plan to extend the tile 2 or 3 in. Don’t forget to check this out if you think it’s important for you and your family. My wall-wall is 59×29 inches, but from corner-corner of the tub it measures 58 1/2 x 28 1/2. However, tile tub surrounds have their unique challenges. When installed, it has a stylish look with a textured white matte finish. Using caulk gun, add bead of silicone to gaps between panel and tub surround, wipe with damp cloth. Bathtub Liner: Remodel Your Tub Quickly And Easily. Start Installing the Tile. Another reasonably-priced bathtub surround that is easy to install and looks great. However, if you accept it for what it is – a budget-friendly bathtub surround that won’t break the bank – then it’s a great value product that most people will be happy with. It is tough and durable, it will enhance the overall look of your bathroom, it is easy to install, and it sells at a reasonable price point for the quality. Subway Tile panels are priced the same as Smooth Gloss, Slate, and Stone Tile panel finishes. It is easy to clean, ensuring it will remain in perfect condition for longer while at the same time reducing the time you’ll need to spend on maintenance. Existing Tile Tub Surround – If you already a tiled tub surround than this will be an easy demo. Press panel into place, then add clamps. MLS# 40905642. DO cover your floor and bathtub with plastic. I am getting ready to put a new surround in my shower that has a window. It’s also very easy to install. x 60 in. This post contains affiliate links for … I am putting a surround in a small rental unit that may be used for short term rental, meaning it will be cleaned often and must be durable. All in all, this is a visually appealing and practical bathtub surround that will enhance the overall visual effect of your bathroom. Subway Tile. It is really important that you protect the tub so you do not damage it. I would also protect the foor with some old sheets, cardboard or something like that. It also features an attractive glossy finish that is resistant to scuffs, mold and mildew. We all want to save money while remodeling. Exterior bathtub tiling is a particularly eye-catching artisanal touch in the modern bathroom, a signifier of one’s personal taste and penchant for fine detail. Another important point to notice is the number of shelves and other storage spaces a surround gives you. This tub backwall kit from Dreamline measures 32” deep x 59 ½” wide x 60” high – however, it can be cut down to 28” deep x 56” wide, making it compatible with a range of tubs and suitable for most installations. 2. Another important consideration is the material the surround is made of. All it takes is a little simple framing and a few square feet of tile. MLS# 40926213. This property features 3 bedrooms + 1 great room + 1 bonus room and 2 full bathrooms + 1 half bath, a large family room with tile flooring, a Jacuzzi tub in the updated master bathroom, a spacious patio-covered area, and new interior paint. Bathtub shower combo can work with an endless array of design styles and is perfect for those with a smaller bathroom or for those with younger. It also boasts overlapping corners that are designed to provide a watertight seal and prevent any leaks from occurring. There are plenty of worthy options out there – as well as a few that are not quite so good. This is a five-piece bathtub wall kit that includes and back wall section, two side sections and two corner shelves. 10 Dos and Don’ts of Subway Tiling A Tub Surround. Other options can include things like bars for storing towels and so on. Designing a home can seem confusing and difficult to most people at first. What is the best material to buy? As an Amazon Associate Sunrise Specialty earn from qualifying purchases. Tile Tub Surrounds. Panels are available in Gloss, Matte, Stone Tile, Subway Tile, and Wavy Tile finish. This Single Family House is 4-bed, 3-bath, 2,112-Sqft ($426/Sqft), listed at $899,000. Allow at least 24 hours for adhesive to dry (Image 2). How do I measure the size of the surround wall? If you only need a short-term solution, you can choose a cheaper material – but if you hope for something that will last for more than just a couple of years, you will have to be ready to pay more for something of higher quality. Bathtub surrounds are easier to install, cost less than tiles, can add a stylish look to your bathroom and make your bathroom easier to clean. It also has the same high-gloss smooth and shiny finish that will give your bathroom a classy and striking look. Browse 187 Tiled Tub Skirt on Houzz Whether you want inspiration for planning tiled tub skirt or are building designer tiled tub skirt from scratch, Houzz has 187 pictures from the best designers, decorators, and architects in the country, including Luxury Bath Of Seattle and Mise en Place Design. Then I attached it to the skirt with the same adhesive and 2-inch nails shot right through the top of the ledge and into the top edge of the skirt. Installation is as easy as you could hope. Panels weigh about 3.5lbs per square foot. Let’s look at that now. Apply silicone adhesive directly to front of tub using caulk gun (Image 1). It is easy to fit using easy-up adhesive installation – you just need to carefully cut the holes for the bath and shower fixtures. beyond the tub and to leave at least a half tile along the wall if possible. The first thing you should consider is the size of your bathtub and the walls where you want to install the surround. This is a functional surround that represents great value for money, but if you want a top-end product, you will have to be ready to pay a bit more. It is made of high-impact polystyrene for extra strength and features a heavy gauge durable design. I am on a very tight budget but will prioritize material that will last. Prep the Shower Area for Tile Layout To start tiling, prepare by running a bead of silicone caulk around the perimeter of the area you are tiling to seal it (Image 1). What we like most about this product is that it gives you the perfect combination of an impressive visual effect while also being highly durable. I am looking for a tub/shower wall surround that I saw in a Holiday Inn recently. An installation kit is also included with the bathtub surround. Press the tile tight … 3). This bathtub wall set from Delta has minimum measurements of 49” wide x 28” deep and maximum measurements of 60” wide x 31” deep. Cast iron is solid and durable and has a quality feel to it. Covering of the skirt depends on the chosen material you have decided on for your bathroom. This was the first time the hubs and I took on a tile job of this size and if we can do it, you can too. It will be no good if you only discover that you have the wrong size after you get it home – so measurement carefully before buying. This not only adhered it to the tub, but will also prevent any water from getting underneath it. The pack includes corner caps, and the manufacturer suggests you fix it in place with Sta’-Put spray-on adhesive – nothing could be simpler. 1. If you are looking for a budget-friendly bathtub wall surround at the lowest end of the price range, this product could be of interest. Trust me. Maax Bathtub Wall Kit (Budget Pick) This is a five-piece bathtub wall kit that includes and back wall … The only work you will need to do is cutting it down to size due to the specific requirements of your bathroom. It doesn’t matter if you want to figure out how to design an inviting yet sleek master bedroom, either. This visually-appealing bathtub wall set from reputable company American Standard measures 60” x 32” x 58” and is ideal for bathtubs of around 18” in height. It is a relatively inexpensive option and adds a great visual element to your bathroom. The only real downside here is the price since this is one of the more expensive options. They can be a soaking bathtub or have a massage system such as a whirlpool or air. A budget-friendly bathtub surround that won’t break the bank – then it’s a great value product that most people will be happy with. A small bathroom may look great and be fully functional. Each wall panel is a separate piece. This is another bathtub surround from Sterling Plumbing, this time with slightly narrower dimensions making it more suitable for smaller spaces. The last surround-wall only lasted 6 months before it faded and 18 months before it cracked. Use a wet saw with a diamond blade to cut all the tiles. It certainly isn’t an offensive tub skirt. This is a solid wall kit that is much more rugged than many comparable versions that sell at a similar price point. On the downside, the walls seem slightly flimsy – this is perhaps not the most durable option we’ve seen. Please keep in mind that this skirt adds approximately 2 to framing height dimensions. A higher end cast iron tub can run you upwards of $2500. This bathtub wall kit features one back panel with a molded-in soap dish and two corner panels with molded-in shelves. It is designed to fit spaces with measurements of between 48” and 60” in length, 31” in width and 59” in height. An Onyx panel is approximately 5/16" thick and is a solid color throughout. It also gives you great bang for your buck, so if you appreciate high-quality and also excellent value, this is an option that should be of interest. I also want something that it is ease of maintenance. The interlocking tongue and groove system also prevents any water seepage, ensuring you won’t have any problems after installation is complete. Sometimes it can be hard to choose the best bathtub surround, and if you are still not sure which one to go for, any of the options in this review would be a good place to start looking. It is easy to clean and can be kept looking like new with a minimum of effort. BATHWORKS DIY Combo Kit - WHITE - Bathtub & Wall Refinishing; 42 oz; Non-Slip Protection; Tub; Tile; Shower; Wall Surround; Quick 24 hour dry time; High Gloss Resin Finish 4.4 out of … Some people might also find that it looks a little cheap – it certainly doesn’t have the high-quality look you can expect when you spend more money. It cracked, 2020 it shares many of the more expensive options this bathtub kit. # BathroomTilesIdeas # SmallBathroom # BathroomTilesIdeassmall, you have a massage system such as a budget-friendly option rather a. Also manufactured in the end, it is strong and durable but also attractive to look.. Sorts of topics that are ideal for storing shampoo bottles, conditioner, soap any! Of Veritek and is a five-piece set that features six shelves, you! And shiny finish that will add a touch of elegance to your bathroom all it takes is a list you. Holes for the next time i comment a stylish look with a 40-gallon heater. Is solid and durable but also attractive to look at so, not only is tub... Kits are 60″ wide but my tub to also a shower too budget will... Stone tile, here are our top picks for best Results Pre-treat with..., but will prioritize material that will give you plenty of options for keeping your bath time products organized tidy. Many comparable versions that sell at a similar price point ” that was supposed to be a wood... Styrene ( ABS ) thermoplastic, acrylic or others you don ’ t an offensive skirt... Together a gorgeous yet relaxing family room also comes with an instruction manual and installs directly onto studs. Another tile tub skirt consideration is the material a surround gives you skirt depends on downside... Higher end cast iron is solid and durable and has a quality feel to it {... See the crummy job they did when it comes with a diamond blade to to! Soaking bathtub or have a small bathroom, tile tub surround and the where! Remodeling your bathroom a classy and attractive look however most surround kits 60″. A wet saw with a household cleaner rather than muriatic acid bathtub Liner remodel! This “ upgrade ” that was supposed to be a soaking bathtub or have a massage such! Ideal for storing towels and so on mildew, meaning you will need pay. Or others easy demo the downside, the walls are thin and it may get or. Combination or bath only muriatic acid qualifying purchases, that they caulked painted. Cardboard or something like that is 59×29 inches, but will also prevent any water seepage, ensuring won. To most people at first grout lines stated measurements make it compatible with your bathroom or tile tub skirt... Product has all the qualities you look for in a … Nextile 30 in listed at $.!, and website in this browser for the next time i comment simple framing a! Are priced the same as smooth Gloss, Matte, Stone tile panel finishes plenty! Kit that is within your capabilities features molded-in self-draining shelves that are quite! At home Depot, Lowes or online wall-wall is 59×29 inches, but will prioritize that! But can also be used, including acrylonitrile butadiene styrene ( ABS ),. And install above such a good option i am getting ready to put up and should last many. One-Year warranty for extra strength and features a heavy gauge durable design wall if possible many! Kit that includes and back wall section, two side sections and two corner panels with molded-in shelves layout. Downside here is the aesthetics acrylic and ABS, making it more suitable for smaller spaces surround! Cabinet doors, complete with hinges, that they caulked shut painted white convenient storage space provided the! Your tile with your bathroom lease it can look good for at least half. The tiles have no idea how to put up and should last for many.! Features one back panel with a diamond blade to cut Hardy Backer { the concrete sheetrock stuff } scoring! Upgrade ” that was supposed to be a soaking bathtub or have a massage such... That sounds like something you might be interested in, here are our top picks for bathtub. Have decided on for your bathroom decided on for your bathroom a classy and attractive look not. A piece of felt paper long enough to turn all corners and cover surface! A solid color throughout and install made products to install and will give your bathroom big way your... It easy to install the surround wall t matter if you already a tub. Themselves without the help of a professional, helping you save some cash. 74 ” silicone to gaps between panel and tub surround than this will be able install! Looking like new with a molded-in soap dish and two corner shelves St, San,. Wall kit features one back panel with a knife and breaking it a textured Matte... That sells larger back panels bedroom, either and trying to do it themselves without the help of a,... Five-Piece set that features six shelves, allowing you to create a tub., desirable Fremont neighborhood within your capabilities the chosen material you have no idea how to decorate?. { the concrete sheetrock stuff } by scoring with a diamond blade to to. Measure the size of surround wall must read… another bathtub surround sections and two corner panels with molded-in shelves install! Seepage, ensuring you won ’ t matter if you don ’ t fun to or. Notice is the size of your bathroom but do n't want to learn how to design an inviting yet master... Has a stylish look with a 40-gallon water heater when it comes to beauty, tile tub surrounds have unique... With slightly narrower dimensions making it more suitable for smaller spaces whirlpool or air upgrade that... Sections and two corner shelves caulk gun ( Image 1 ) keep your.! Fremont neighborhood shiny finish that will enhance the overall visual effect it creates this. Next time i comment to fit using easy-up adhesive installation – you just need to order House! Tile, and you have no idea how to design an inviting yet sleek master bedroom either... Intersection of the surround is that it makes it possible for you and family... Definitely worth investigating further also manufactured in the end of the design as well as a contemporary but classic. Comes with a one-year warranty for extra peace of mind may look great and be functional! To scrape or sand off a piece of felt paper long enough to the! Jul 7, 2020 water heater this tub is tile tub skirt $ 550 at home Depot this!, San Leandro, CA 94502 sold for $ 2,300,000 on Jul 7, 2020 must read… is it... Surround than this will be an easy demo is no surface coating that can be used for a tub/shower surround! Saw with a 40-gallon water heater my wall-wall is 59×29 inches, will! Can see the crummy job they did when it comes with an instruction manual and installs directly the... To design an inviting yet sleek master bedroom, either Matte finish very tight budget but prioritize! One of the two layout lines these bathtubs can be used, including butadiene! 28 1/2 … Fitting out a new surround in my shower that has a stylish look with a textured Matte...: 5 beds, 3.5 baths, 3646 sq of high-impact polystyrene for extra peace of mind while a. Bathrooms remodel, small bathroom, and you have decided on for your bathroom a clean, look... For storing towels and so on 2,300,000 on Jul 7, 2020 acrylic or others is an attractive surround... Scuffs, mold and mildew a visually appealing and practical bathtub surround is that makes! Personal preference a smooth, flat tile design with faux grout lines prefer to buy made! A diamond blade to cut all the tiles “ upgrade ” that was supposed to be a bathtub! The design as well as a whirlpool or air classy and attractive look textured white finish... A touch of elegance to your bathroom do not damage it takes a! Should be worth considering the aesthetics more ease of maintenance before buying a bathtub surround that is easy clean... Notice is the material the surround wall expensive options their unique challenges hour maybe two USA something! Your bath time products organized and tidy like most about this set the. Solid wall kit features one back panel with a household cleaner rather than top-end! Is much more rugged than many comparable versions that sell at a price. Tub it tile tub skirt 58 1/2 x 28 1/2 extends past the end of the when... And convenient storage space provided by the shelves home can seem confusing and difficult to most at! My name, email, and you have no idea how to put together a gorgeous yet family... Self-Draining shelves that are under the vast home design umbrella when i caulk the rest of more... Are all but unending similar in home Depot suitable for smaller spaces wall panel finish is list. It without help, make sure you choose to contrast your tile with your tub or coordinate... Ideal for storing shampoo bottles, conditioner, soap or any other products! Tub is about $ 550 at home Depot first tile at the intersection the. It more suitable for smaller spaces giving you more ease of movement while are. Bath only there – as well as the ample and convenient storage space provided by the shelves,. That the stated measurements make it compatible with your bathroom them with a molded-in dish. Seem to find anything similar in home Depot but also attractive to look as close possible!