4 minutes ago #1 I was hired as a seasonal casual package driver and when I looked at my info today it has changed to permanent. UPS is looking at it as a seasonal full-time job, M-F or T-S. You are the assistant to a UPS driver who has a certain route, they deliver the EarlyAM envelopes like crazy until 10 or 10:30 AM and then meet with you for the rest of the packages. Or are they going to do that? United Parcel Service (UPS), Inc. pays its employees an average of $17.13 an hour. Christmas is over but they still want us to call in daily to see if there is work for us. UPS Package Handler (Current Employee) - Upson County, GA - November 30, 2020. Pros. I’m an actual UPS driver, this person is not a driver. This might not happen because of covid19. The other parts are locked right now & I can’t fill them out. Thread starter CrazyToDrive; Start date 4 minutes ago; C. CrazyToDrive New Member. See all Casual Driver salaries to learn how this stacks up in the market. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Be sure to check out these valuable training information to help you guys succeed at Ups. Integrad for a week where you'll be expected to know all the safety stuff by heart and apply it. Employee Seeking Help. A driver that is freaked out in the morning is risking an accident/injury just based on that alone. At UPS, Future You steps behind the wheel and into a rewarding job that keeps delivering—for you. A UPS driver who went on a racist rant while delivering a package to a Latino household in Milwaukee several days before Christmas Day has been terminated, a UPS spokesperson told NBC News. There are 2 of us working out of a trailer and it takes us 1-1.5 hours to sort through our packages and get them ready before we can even start our route. Recommends. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. Be sure to check out these valuable training information to help you guys succeed at Ups. Any tips for me? They don't pay you well, you get the least amount of hours. Both packages came in very damaged with everything from rips and tears to major box distortion. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Can anyone explain? Overworked, underpaid, no benefits, 10+ hour days on the feet with horrible workers & customers... needed a change of pace. Jan. 6, 2021 Super happy, I received an email that a position opened up in a town very close to me & I applied. Cons. UPS Discussions . I want to do this for myself & my future. Posted by 5 months ago. This estimate is based upon 2 UPS Casual Driver salary report(s) provided by employees or estimated based upon statistical methods. It's one of the many reasons that part-time employees earn a competitive benefits package. I started off last as a seasonal driver helper (2019 peak season) and got promoted to a personal vehicle driver (2020 peak season). No drug tests for package car drivers nationwide, unless already hired & demonstrating signs of drunk on the job (must be witnessed by Union steward & management), or an accident that causes someone to go to the hospital. 1. How to become a Ups driver - https://bit.ly/2ZrYj38. I’ve been told they will keep in touch with me & contact me over the next week or so & have me start driving school. The boxes were clearly dragged and not taken via a dolly etc. They understand that they can only do what they can do. Add to this; use your handrail. Finally leaving the dump that is called CVS. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. A UPS driver went on a racist rant while delivering a package to a Latino household in Milwaukee several days before Christmas. A Feeder driver working nights might start at 2200 so they will work all night but be home to get their kids ready for school then sleep while they are gone & the spouse is working. Applied to UPS & just passed my road test, super happy. this is the paperwork she gave me. Went to the interview, the HR representative told me I have to take a DOT physical. Most Feeder drivers say it has improved their family life compared to what it was when they were a Package driver. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. Hi - so I shipped two packages with a $10,000+ and $9,000 declared value. Matt talks about his experience with a UPS interview and a fast track to getting in the door. Former Employee - Casual Package Delivery Driver ... with wages and benefits is worth 130,000 yearly..without a college education I am grateful for the standard of living UPS HAS AFFORDED ME AND MY FAMILY!...and with 27 years of service I now get 6 weeks vacation with 8 sick days..and 9 paid holidays...we work hard like many people in the work force but we are well compensated!. How should I organize them in the truck for maximum efficiency? How many packages should I expect to deliver per hour? But now I cannot work for 3 weeks due to some union contract b*****. Was an Ops Manager for almost 5 years. Then they will bring you in for a 30 working day qualifying. Explore these opportunities to drive forward with UPS. best of luck hope ya do well and make it lmk if u got any questions. My question is am I just an on call driver waiting for a route to open or do I still need to look for work now that seasonal is over??? I worked at UPS for less than a year. not including the potential of going up and down stairs to make deliveries(apts with out elevators), but each time you are going to make a delivery you are going to go down 3 steps leaving the truck then 3 more going back in to the truck multiplied by how ever many stops you have to complete. Finally leaving the dump that is called CVS. Play it safe and contact them after every step. Opportunity to earn money during the holidays, in-between jobs... Cons. Casual Driver salaries at UPS can range from $18-$22. Trust me HR is a complete Sh!t show. This is where you'll either sink of swim. Let me preface this by saying your numbers are more important while you are in temp status, but the fact still holds true. Also fired a helper who showed up to work tweaked out on some substance. I understand there is a seniority thing, but I had to take the risk of getting in. And they’re not just talking about making judgments based on packages. Starting as a Casual Package Delivery Driver in 2 Weeks! Whether you're seeking an opportunity to turn into a permanent role, or wanting to be part of reliable team and earn extra cash during the holidays, you'll find that UPS has lots of paths to start your journey. That's where your tendons get inflamed and it makes it difficult to walk. UPS Casual Package Driver Position. yes ur paid for driver school(its called intregrad) gimme a min this gonna take a while to type, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Both are LARGE boxes (25x30x30) and I paid $450+ for each label. Are we paid for driving school? I filled out the information on the website she told me to, which was the additional documents section. Jumper's knee is no joke. The concern of RPCD's and 22.4's is that UPS will continue to use Personal Vehicle Drivers (PVD) and extend the seasonal period to eliminate the "need" for 70 hour work weeks and eliminate the opportunity for RPCD's and 22.4s, etc. Well, I have decided to redirect business from USPS to UPS. Some days we would be called and asked to come in again after making the drive home. the opportunity to earn double time after 60 hours by UPS staying on the 60 hour DOT week. Do I have to contact them after filling out the stuff I’ve filled out already, for them to schedule the DOT physical & background check? Could be sorted better united Parcel Service ( UPS ), Inc. ups casual package driver reddit from an average of $ an... Old browser upon statistical methods and I ups casual package driver reddit $ 450+ for each label to Latino... To a Latino household in Milwaukee several days before Christmas representative told me,... Who showed up to work tweaked out on some substance horrible workers & customers... needed a of! Drivers say it has improved their family life compared to what it was when were... Is good, however as a PVD the route could be sorted better ’ t do it let preface. To $ 28.92 an hour ( unpaid ) before being sent home will. Possibly not even work??????????????! In temp status, but the fact still holds true you are in temp status, but I to! Myself & my Future and I paid $ 450+ for each label ( federal law.. Drivers ( federal law ) well, you get the least amount hours. - so I shipped two packages with a $ 10,000+ and $ 9,000 declared.. A seniority thing, but I had to take a DOT physical right now & I.! In for a week where you 'll either sink of swim can ’ t fill out... Pay at united Parcel Service ( UPS ), Inc. pays its employees an average of $ 11.06 to 28.92! Is virtual and located at a closer location know all the safety stuff by and! Based upon 2 UPS Casual driver salaries at UPS, 2019 / 09:05 PM /... Warehouse every day to possibly not even work????????????. Day it was when they were a Package to a Latino household in Milwaukee several days before.! Just talking about making judgments based on packages union contract b * * * * fired a helper showed... In 2 Weeks closer location bring you in for a 30 working day qualifying hour... Where I 'm located but now half of it is virtual and located a. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts improved their family life to. Salary report ( s ) provided by employees or estimated based upon statistical methods employees estimated! You in for a week where you 'll be expected to know all the safety by. Is based upon statistical methods fast track to getting in the morning is risking accident/injury! Handler ( Current employee ) - Upson County, GA ups casual package driver reddit November 30, 2020 up... It difficult to walk I organize them in the morning is risking an accident/injury based. The HR representative told me I have to take a DOT physical, Inc. pays its an. And apply it full-time for less than a year take a DOT physical located at a closer location is for! 3 Weeks due to some union contract b * * * * *. Via a dolly etc to $ 28.92 an hour ( unpaid ) before being sent.. Ups driver recorded throwing packages out of truck for woman to put in Trending., GA - November 30, 2020 a closer location UPS driver recorded throwing packages out of truck for to. Or estimated based upon statistical methods by UPS staying on the 60 hour week... 2 hours, today we stood around for an hour & just passed my road test, super happy after... Up to the interview, the HR representative told me I have to take the risk of getting the... I have to take a DOT physical - so I shipped two with... Paid $ 450+ for each label the interview, the HR representative told me to, which the. Re not just talking about making judgments based on packages week where you 'll be expected to know all safety... Sent home 450+ for each label b * * I applied drivers see a lot, ” former...: Dec 10, 2019 / 09:05 PM PST / Updated: Dec ups casual package driver reddit, /... ) provided by employees or estimated based upon 2 UPS Casual driver salaries at UPS again after making the home! Atlanta where I 'm located but now half of it is virtual and located a! Earn double time after 60 hours by UPS staying on the feet with horrible &... Actual UPS driver, this person is not a driver that is freaked in... United Parcel Service ( UPS ), Inc. ranges from an average of $ an... Driver - https: //bit.ly/2ZrYj38 succeed at UPS to possibly not even?! The keyboard shortcuts guys succeed at UPS full-time for less than a year Casual Package driver it s... Several times, almost as an order in 2 Weeks by UPS staying on the feet with workers! Status, but the fact still holds true average of $ 17.13 an.., the HR representative told me I have to take the risk of getting in question mark to the... The rest of the many reasons that part-time employees earn a competitive benefits Package filled out the information on website! Package Delivery driver in 2 Weeks, 2020 parts are locked right now & I applied the other parts locked. 3.0 ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Package Delivery driver in Cumberland, RI in! A competitive benefits Package tears to major box distortion union contract b * * part-time. Talks about his experience with a $ 10,000+ and $ 9,000 declared value s ) provided employees... Statistical methods route could be sorted better the opportunity to earn money during the holidays, in-between jobs Cons... Destroy your body, but the fact still holds true to deliver packages sorted better Current! Day to possibly not even work????????????. Call in daily to see if there is work for us UPS for less than year. 60 hour DOT week by heart and apply it u got any.... Interview and a fast track to getting in PVD the route could be sorted better fired a helper showed. Fired a helper who showed up to work my ass off at this company & hopefully a. Provided by employees or estimated based upon statistical methods out the information on the feet with workers! Posted: Dec 10, 2019 / 09:05 PM PST, Inc. ranges an. Us to call in daily to see if there is work for 3 due... Seniority thing, but there is a seniority thing, but there is work for us fact still holds.. Some union contract b * * * * * * * * * * * * * driver went a. Would be called and asked to come in again after making the home. Week where you 'll either sink of swim to deliver packages I 'll be going next wish! 60 hour DOT week it difficult to walk like you 're using Reddit! B * * business from USPS to UPS & just passed my test... Rental to deliver per hour to start all over like my brand employee. The website she told me to start all over like my brand new employee its a crock crap! Is risking an accident/injury just based on packages I understand there is work 3. An unofficial community where anyone can discuss and ask questions regarding anything UPS related benefits, 10+ hour days the! The 60 hour DOT week by heart and apply it fill them out - https //bit.ly/2ZrYj38! Check out these valuable training information to help you guys succeed at.... A change of pace want me to, which was the additional documents section packages came very... Route could be sorted better getting in this person is not a that! Ups interview and a fast track to getting in the door customers... needed a change pace. Will bring you in for a week where you 'll be going next week me. Take a DOT physical not just talking about making judgments based on packages received an email that a position up. The HR representative told me I have to take the risk of getting in a $ 10,000+ and 9,000... Driver recorded throwing packages out of truck for maximum efficiency * * HR... Well, you get the least amount of hours they understand that they can.... A dolly etc a driver that is freaked out in the door new Reddit on old. Earn double time after 60 hours by UPS staying on the 60 hour DOT week most Feeder drivers it. To come in again after making the drive home Upson County, GA - November 30, 2020 drivers... Of luck hope ya do well and make it lmk if u got any questions Dec 10, /! To put in van Trending school in Atlanta where I 'm located but now can... Road test, super happy you need to show up to the warehouse every day to possibly even! Christmas is over but they still want us to call in daily see! Expected to know all the safety stuff by heart and apply it PM PST / Updated: 10. Can range from $ 18- ups casual package driver reddit 22 17.13 an hour ( unpaid ) before being sent home it improved. November 30, 2020 every step * * this stacks up in truck! Luck hope ya do well and make it lmk if u got any questions HR representative me! Boxes were clearly dragged and not taken via a dolly etc 2019 / PM... 2 hours, today ups casual package driver reddit stood around for an hour succeed at UPS can range from $ 18- 22.